“Better than other hotels at the same price. Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

New Concord Inn
411 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #43 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago
“Better than other hotels at the same price. Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Well, we did not experience any of the bad reviews people are expressing here. First. We had spent 2 nights at Travelodge and decided to stay an additional night. We looked at about 12 similar priced hotels and wanted to stay here. Everything more expensive was booked for a Wednesday night. In comparison to similar priced hotels. This is our take..... The lobby was clean and big. Coffee was served 24 hrs. Even though the rooms had their own coffee makers. the room seems a bit cramped at first. My issue was that as soon as you opened the door 4 feet away were the beds. Kinda awkward. I was concerned about midnight foot traffic in the hallways but it was not bad. The fridge was unplugged and I'm ok with that because I'm sure the savings are reflected in the prices of the room. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean. They may need a better maintenance person but overall good. We have a 7 and 8 year old and this was perfect for them. Pool was very spacious and clean. The water was very cold more than average. We did not use the passes to chula vista because we wanted to stay away from the crowds. This was perfect. Close by to many things to do and eat. Subway is next door. I would stay here agin in a heart beat. I will have to see what the winter rates are and make it a mini mini getaway. Compared to other hotels at the same price NCI tops them off.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oelwein, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Well, the room style was ugly. the hallways and lobby floors were not clean. the staff was rude. we asked for towels and we only got them after we left for the waterparks, we put a "do not disturb" sign on our door, they took it entered the room and then gave us our towels, and made the beds when we werent even here. i do not feel comfortabe here. we have a lightbulb out and its not even covered, bathroom didnt have a garbage bag in it and the bottom of the can was nasty. the shower makes noise, beds were uncomfortable. i dont reccommend this place to anyone, its a joke.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

So we had stayed 25 miles south of the Dells to save $$$. On Monday, I decided I wanted to stay 2 more days but checked on prices at Dell hotels as I knew prices were half of weekend prices and found this one at the same rate I was paying for the one we were at. I had looked at 2 others that have free Noah's Ark tickets as 2 of my kids were going to go there, but pricing those, still made them more expensive than staying here, and they have vouchers for Noah's Ark here that make the total price $20 each. Also, The waterpark at Chula Vista is free for staying here. I noticed that that is the case for a lot of hotels so I wonder if that waterpark is really any good for older teens.

Indoor and outdoor pool with a small kids slide area inside and a couple slides inside for teens. Outside has 1 small slide in the kiddie pool and a big float Alligator in the big outside pool. 2 pool tables you have to pay for. Change machine in the lobby. No breakfast. Lots of discounts to attractions. Just ask them at the desk. Better than what I could find in all the mags.

I got a 2 queen room. It has a fridge and microwave and clock. Just as others have said they were all unplugged. They probably do this to show they were cleaned. The shower was still slightly wet. Not sure if it was from cleaning or use. No biggie to me. TV channel selection is top notch. The remote sitting out did not control the TV but the one on the window sill worked for it. Some of the lamps weren't plugged in.

Of course it could use a little paint here and there. I've seen plenty of higher priced hotels that needed that too, even in Disney. Carpet was fine.Sheets and pillows looked and smelled clean. The room is of average size. We were just able to get a queen and a twin blow up bed to fit. We all like our own beds.

Room was cleaned on the 2nd day by the time we got back around noon.

Had trouble with the clothes dryer and a guy came and got it going.

This is a good motel if you want to be in the middle of things.

Anyone that complains about this place at this price, should never ever stay at a hotel under $200 a night because you will be sure to find something to complain about.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the outside pool, and then open the door and we could see...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place looks decent on the internet but in life... its a totally different story. When I saw the building i told myself "maybe this wont be as bad as i thought" but i was WRONG! as i walked in the staff was nice and friendly but the hallways and rooms were ... disgusting!!! The building inside looks very old-it needs some renewing to get its good business and conditions back. When i walked into my room the first thing that hit me was the BAD SMELL!!! i had to open the window, then i noticed the reeeally old and not to be mean but nasty carpet. I didnt take my shoes off because i didnt want to catch anything but i dont think thats a good place to bring your kids. Then the old bedding was a very bad impression ... the couch was really old and worn, it had some stains on it ......over all if you are looking for something cheap and dont care just to sleep in for the night the price will be pretty reasonable but if you are looking for something nice where you can feel like you are on a vacation than thats not the place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just spent the weekend in the Dells and stayed at New Concord Inn. There were a total of 7 in our group-2 adults and 5 girls ranging from ages 12-18. Here is my take on our stay: First, the rooms- We had a "mulit-room suite". The size of the room was great, we had 2 bathrooms, 2 mini fridges, 1 microwave, 2 tv's (1 flatscreen & 1 older model), 1 small table, 3 queen beds and a pull-out sofa (we didn't use the pull-out, so can't comment on comfort). It seems as though they cut an archway between 2 standard rooms to make it a suite (there isn't a door to separate the rooms completely if you were to want more privacy). Each side of the suite had a heat/air conditioning wall unit, which enabled us to control the temp on both sides. There were plenty of linens between both bathrooms (i think 4 sets in each), but they are lower quality and a little rough on the sunburn. In a previous post someone commented that they had to plug in the fridge and tv when they got in the room, we had to do the same. It was no big deal, the frige was cool enough in about 30 mins. Our room had a multi-outlet strip, so we had no problems with everything plugged in and running. The beds are ok for comfort, but the pillows are a bit flat, so it would be nice to have 4 on each bed instead of just 2. Although our room was clean, it is definitely time for an update. The floors would be the first place to start. The capeting felt a bit worn out and the linoleum in the bath rooms should be replaced with tile. We had to call for a toilet plunger at 11:30pm and within 2 mins. someone was at our door. Good water pressure in the showers, but a slow drain in 1 of the sinks. The fixtures and furniture are older. Overall, the rooms were fine for our needs of showering and sleeping-
Second, the pool areas-the girls used the inside pool both nights. There are 2 separate areas inside-1 for small children to splash in with a big play area and small slide and a second pool with a slide for kids a little bit bigger. After spending full days at Noah's Ark, Chula Vista and Mt. Olympus, the girls still had fun at the indoor pool. Their only complaint was that the bottom of the pool is very rough and the seats in the hot tub were really rough too. They did not use the ourdoor pool, but I did notice a lot of other people using it. The pool areas were very clean. There is also an area by the indoor pools with 2 pool tables, I think it was a $1 per game to play.
Third, Service-this is why I gave it a very good rating. From the moment we checked in the staff was very friendly and helpful. check in and check out were easy and fast. We had some specific needs for dining and the gentleman at the front desk (I am sorry I don't have his name, he deserves props) was so helpful in explaining some of the local favorites, not just sending us to the closest restaurant. He was very polite and attentive. The lobby has free coffee all day and while sitting enjoying a cup, I observed the same hospitality with others who had questions. They include free Chula Vista passes for everyone in the room and offer discounts for Noah's Ark (which is a 2 minute drive from the hotel). They have a grilling area with picnic tables, we didn't use them , but saw others using the grills. They didn't look like gas grills so I would ask when making a reservation if you need your own charcoal. I also saw a small playground area by the outdoor pool. Overall I feel this is a descent, clean place to stay if you need a place to sleep and shower after being at water parks and attractions all day. If you are used to 4 star hotels/amenities then don't stay here, you will be disappointed. I thought our rate was great for the size of the room we had. The service and the room rate is what earned the "very good" rating. Hopefully they will start updating the rooms.

iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed at NCI for 2 nights during June of 2012. We booked a special deal for $109 and got free tickets for Noah's Ark AND Chula Vista. The hotel although a little in need of updating, was very clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The 2 pools were also very clean and the water was heated. The air conditioning did smell a little musty on the first night, but it was unnoticeable the second night. And, only 3 blocks from Noah's Ark!
For the money we saved on tickets to the water parks, this hotel was well worth the money. It was clean and safe for my family of 5.

Elk River, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were very disappointed with our stay here. We had to switch rooms three times in one night! For the first room, the keys didn't work - in the room they switched us to, the air conditioner didn't work. When they switched us to the third room, the refrigerator didn't work unless the microwave was unplugged. We never got maid service in the three days we were checked in - when we called the front desk for extra towels, we were told we could have some if we brought our dirty towels to the front desk. Really? There is no night manager on duty, only a security guard. The hotel seems generally understaffed, and the staff they have is very reluctant to accommodate hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to New Concord Inn? Share your experiences!