“should be more like a $40 than a $100 per night!!!” 3 of 5 stars

New Concord Inn
411 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“should be more like a $40 than a $100 per night!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place looks decent on the internet but in life... its a totally different story. When I saw the building i told myself "maybe this wont be as bad as i thought" but i was WRONG! as i walked in the staff was nice and friendly but the hallways and rooms were ... disgusting!!! The building inside looks very old-it needs some renewing to get its good business and conditions back. When i walked into my room the first thing that hit me was the BAD SMELL!!! i had to open the window, then i noticed the reeeally old and not to be mean but nasty carpet. I didnt take my shoes off because i didnt want to catch anything but i dont think thats a good place to bring your kids. Then the old bedding was a very bad impression ... the couch was really old and worn, it had some stains on it ......over all if you are looking for something cheap and dont care just to sleep in for the night the price will be pretty reasonable but if you are looking for something nice where you can feel like you are on a vacation than thats not the place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just spent the weekend in the Dells and stayed at New Concord Inn. There were a total of 7 in our group-2 adults and 5 girls ranging from ages 12-18. Here is my take on our stay: First, the rooms- We had a "mulit-room suite". The size of the room was great, we had 2 bathrooms, 2 mini fridges, 1 microwave, 2 tv's (1 flatscreen & 1 older model), 1 small table, 3 queen beds and a pull-out sofa (we didn't use the pull-out, so can't comment on comfort). It seems as though they cut an archway between 2 standard rooms to make it a suite (there isn't a door to separate the rooms completely if you were to want more privacy). Each side of the suite had a heat/air conditioning wall unit, which enabled us to control the temp on both sides. There were plenty of linens between both bathrooms (i think 4 sets in each), but they are lower quality and a little rough on the sunburn. In a previous post someone commented that they had to plug in the fridge and tv when they got in the room, we had to do the same. It was no big deal, the frige was cool enough in about 30 mins. Our room had a multi-outlet strip, so we had no problems with everything plugged in and running. The beds are ok for comfort, but the pillows are a bit flat, so it would be nice to have 4 on each bed instead of just 2. Although our room was clean, it is definitely time for an update. The floors would be the first place to start. The capeting felt a bit worn out and the linoleum in the bath rooms should be replaced with tile. We had to call for a toilet plunger at 11:30pm and within 2 mins. someone was at our door. Good water pressure in the showers, but a slow drain in 1 of the sinks. The fixtures and furniture are older. Overall, the rooms were fine for our needs of showering and sleeping-
Second, the pool areas-the girls used the inside pool both nights. There are 2 separate areas inside-1 for small children to splash in with a big play area and small slide and a second pool with a slide for kids a little bit bigger. After spending full days at Noah's Ark, Chula Vista and Mt. Olympus, the girls still had fun at the indoor pool. Their only complaint was that the bottom of the pool is very rough and the seats in the hot tub were really rough too. They did not use the ourdoor pool, but I did notice a lot of other people using it. The pool areas were very clean. There is also an area by the indoor pools with 2 pool tables, I think it was a $1 per game to play.
Third, Service-this is why I gave it a very good rating. From the moment we checked in the staff was very friendly and helpful. check in and check out were easy and fast. We had some specific needs for dining and the gentleman at the front desk (I am sorry I don't have his name, he deserves props) was so helpful in explaining some of the local favorites, not just sending us to the closest restaurant. He was very polite and attentive. The lobby has free coffee all day and while sitting enjoying a cup, I observed the same hospitality with others who had questions. They include free Chula Vista passes for everyone in the room and offer discounts for Noah's Ark (which is a 2 minute drive from the hotel). They have a grilling area with picnic tables, we didn't use them , but saw others using the grills. They didn't look like gas grills so I would ask when making a reservation if you need your own charcoal. I also saw a small playground area by the outdoor pool. Overall I feel this is a descent, clean place to stay if you need a place to sleep and shower after being at water parks and attractions all day. If you are used to 4 star hotels/amenities then don't stay here, you will be disappointed. I thought our rate was great for the size of the room we had. The service and the room rate is what earned the "very good" rating. Hopefully they will start updating the rooms.

iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed at NCI for 2 nights during June of 2012. We booked a special deal for $109 and got free tickets for Noah's Ark AND Chula Vista. The hotel although a little in need of updating, was very clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The 2 pools were also very clean and the water was heated. The air conditioning did smell a little musty on the first night, but it was unnoticeable the second night. And, only 3 blocks from Noah's Ark!
For the money we saved on tickets to the water parks, this hotel was well worth the money. It was clean and safe for my family of 5.

Elk River, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were very disappointed with our stay here. We had to switch rooms three times in one night! For the first room, the keys didn't work - in the room they switched us to, the air conditioner didn't work. When they switched us to the third room, the refrigerator didn't work unless the microwave was unplugged. We never got maid service in the three days we were checked in - when we called the front desk for extra towels, we were told we could have some if we brought our dirty towels to the front desk. Really? There is no night manager on duty, only a security guard. The hotel seems generally understaffed, and the staff they have is very reluctant to accommodate hotel guests.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I planned this trip overnight but I didn't book a hotel until I got to Dells. I stood 1 night. I looked around for a great price when I bumped into this inn. They offered me a deal that was half the price of the other hotels. The room I stood in was right across from the swimming pool area. It was decent. My only issues was that none of the appliances weren't plugged in so I had to go out of my way to get them plugged in and it wasn't easy. I was close enough to walk to the Tommy Bartlet Show which was right across the street. It was a great show to see. What I didn't like about the room was that it was outdated and it wasn't allergy free. My mother was coughing half of the night. Thank God I had allergy pills that helped relief the itching in her throat. There was no breakfast but with the money I saved with my hotel price I got to eat at Ihop. Overall it was a place that was worth staying for the price otherwise I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

A group of my girlfriends and I rented a room over memorial day weekend and we had the best time! We stayed for the whole weekend and the prices were very reasonable. They had a really great outdoor pool and grills that we were able to use to cook out. It was very convient!! The staff was also super nice and helpful. They were willing to help us with all the questions that we had. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone that's looking for a clean hotel!

• Stayed May 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

stayed here over memorial day weekend and had a great time. yes the rooms were a little out of date but very clean. the pools were perfect with a indoor kids play park and a larger slide for the bigger kids, not to mention the free water park passes. the location was good close to a few restaurants and across the street from Tommy Bartlett show. upon check in the staff were very nice and helpful and recommended some great places to eat and check out while in town. and cant complain about the rates they were great. no breakfast but with money that i saved i can get a real breakfast and not a continental one like most places will offer. over all i was very satisfied with my stay at the concord inn. i will be back.

Room Tip: rooms 107 - 114 over look out door pool and very close to indoor pools.