“A Relaxing Stay in a Pleasant Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Christmas Mountain Village

Save Saved
You added Christmas Mountain Village to your Saves list
Christmas Mountain Village
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   S944 Christmas Mountain Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Missouri
“A Relaxing Stay in a Pleasant Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I made a visit to Christmas Mountain Village during what would be considered off season. While there we stayed in a 2 bedroom townhouse. We are Blue Green members and this is our 7th resort that we have visited. As with the other resorts, we were not disappointed in the facility. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly, helpful staff. Our 2 bedroom townhouse was very clean and roomy. We ate 2 meals at Mug of Joes and our meals were quite good, portions were plentiful, and staff was attentive. There is plenty to do at this resort to keep a family active from skiing in the winter to golfing their 27 hole course in nicer weather. We spent most of our time touring the countryside and visiting Devil's Lake and the Crane Refuge. We look forward to our next visit to Christmas Mountain Village and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: Mark resort map of best accomodations for future.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
cedar rapids,ia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

My wife and I decided to take a week out of busy schedules to come to this place. Last September (2010) we found the resort and seen the outside of some luxury cabins and other wonderful looking buildings. My in-laws told us to use a week of vacation through there RCI timeshare. So we did just that, we choose a two bedroom 1 bath because that was all that was available. We had no idea what building it was going to be! We go to check in we were told room 523 which is a Cottage. Next we talked in to a Bluegreen presentation and then we finally made to the Cottage. We opened the door and a huge smell hit us like a train. The smell reminded me like the fireplace had been running around the clock but it was cold. The smell was very very musty or maybe smell of mold (unsure). We then looked through out rest of the Cottage and there was flooring in the bathroom stapled to the ground. Wife and I sat on the bed and the headboard fell of the bed frame, most of everything seemed to be way out of date. The next day we used the dishwasher for the first time every and it started spraying water across the room. We called main. and they told us not wash pans with the dishwasher and left. In the end there was ruffly enough room for my wife and I to tolerate each other. If you have more than 2 people in your party look somewhere else! My wife and I called the front desk to hopefully be moved and they told us only Bluegreen members get the better accommodations and they then wanted to sell us a timeshare. I guess anyone that is RCI gets the second class living. (the cottages)
The only good thing is hot tub and pool!

We are almost done with our week right now and we will never come back here!!!!!!

Room Tip: simply go somewhere else!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I didn't know when I booked our stay there that this resort also sold time shares. When I checked in I was then directed to the "Welcome Center" where we were suddenly hit with a fast-talking salesman trying to get us to sign up for the time share meeting. I hadn't even seen my villa yet or any of the grounds other than the registration area. This irritated me and I felt it was in bad taste to ambush someone checking in for their first stay like this.

That said, I loved the grounds and the villa. It was pretty, clean, quiet, and very peaceful. There was a full kitchen so we brought food to cook and we loved the screened in patio. I would totally stay there again, but I just didn't like having to deal with the time share sales pitch.

Room Tip: We stayed in the villa which was perfect for two.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We have stayed at Christmas Mountain Village in Wisconsin Dells several times now and have had a great time every time! Actually, since we stayed there once, we have never stayed anywhere else in Wisconsin Dells. Christmas Mountain Village has multiple types of accomodations, from rustic cabins to villas to townhomes. Many with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. The service is excellent and they recommended great things to do in the Dells (and gave us coupons). They have a fitness facility, indoor pool and play area and outdoor pools/hot tubs. We can't wait to go back again! Great for romantic stays for couples and for family fun.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a hot tub or fireplace!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
West Allis, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I had been to Christmas mountain before, and have had a relatively positive experience, although it seems like a lot of people here aren't as happy as me and my family were. We were used to the hotel rooms with a dinky refrigerator with a microwave that you'd expect a 5 year old girl to get for her birthday.--And cook a mini cake or something.
Anyway, our first visit to CM was last fall. We got fortunate enough to get into the TImbers--and it wasn't smokey, clean, and we had a nice view. In fact, one of the first words from my children were "whoa, this is nice!".
WE came again this Spring and I booked a place to stay with RCI, and to later that I was going to be put in a cottage. You know, the little houses that looks like the government made for their army people. Barrracks. Yikes. I wasn't happy. Although I want to mention CANDY's name for helping us get to a Pine Tree Villa.
Clean, and it had 2 fireplaces, a whirlpool jacuzzi up in the master. Very nice. Don't know why they don't upgrade and get those old tube tv's out of there. Only 1 nice one for the living room, and you don't get one up in the masters. But, I can't really complain, because I didn't pay $1200 a week for this place, I got a much better deal.
We got some nice pictures in which I will show.
Washer and Dryer in the master bedroom, which is a benefit for us, having 6 in our family.
The only reason I didn't give them a perfect 5 star rating, is that every time we've come here we get really itchy from something here. Not sure if it's the detergent they use for the sheets and towels, or it's the chlorine overload in the hot tub or indoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a timbers, or Villa.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

We came here for our kids spring break and read these reviews AFTER we booked our vacation so I was expecting the worst but it turned out to be a great experience. We stayed in a 3 BR 3 Bath townhouse and a 2 BR 2 Bath townhouse that turned out to be really nice. They were a little older compared to the other Bluegreen properties but they are in the process of updating them and you are out in the wilderness so the rustic-ness of it made the experience. They were clean and there wasn't anything additional that we needed, the rooms also had a washer and dryer which is SOOOO important to me when I stay away from home.
The only negative (which is why I didn't give it an excellent rating) was when we went to the pancake breakfast we had to drive through the cottages (AKA trailor park) and if BG tried to put me in a place like that I am telling you that I would FREAK out, it is the roughest area that I have ever seen BG own. Seriously the cottages look like little trailors and I don't see how in the worlld there could be 2 BR's in those little things. Luckily we needed more rooms so we picked the bigger accomadations but otherwise I would have been VERY angry. It was a HUGE eye sore and VERY VERY VERY trashy looking. I have a feeling BG must have bought this from someone else because it doesn't seem like something that BG would build and be confident with.
We didn't see the inside of any of the other units but if you are staying here I HIGHLY recommend the townhouses for a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My college roommates and I were very excited to have found this property to host us for a reunion, with plans to make this our annual reunion location. I was especially excited because they were willing to negotiate on the price when I called them directly, having trouble booking online. This should have been a warning sign that this resort does not operate like a "normal" resort. When we arrived early, after being told we would very likely be able to get into our cottage before the normal check-in time, we were told we would have to wait but "they would have housekeeping work on our room right away." So, we decided to wait at the resort. The pool was small and extremely packed so that was a no-go. The resort is in the middle of nowhere so there was no leaving the property, thinking our room would be ready within an hour or so. So, we did enjoy lunch at Mulligans Sports Bar on property which was the only highlight of this resort (discount, nice service, good food). This is where our issues with the front desk staff began. We were continuously told our room was "being worked on" and they would "contact us by phone when it was ready." We waited so long, nearly four and a half hours by the time we entered our room, and no one ever called us. And, when we arrived at our room, the housekeeping staff were just leaving the room!! This, of course, means they had not been working on our room as we were continuously told throughout the day by the front desk staff. We ended up sitting in the lobby to wait. So, we got into our room at about 4:30 and had to depart by 10am. We were told they "met their quota of late check outs available" so we could not have one. So, though it was a good deal, we will never stay there again, gladly paying a premium to stay at a resort with friendly, helpful staff. We felt like second class citizens being just one-night visitors when they seemed to prioritize their potential time-share clients as more important. Stick to the business of time share, Christmas Mountain.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Christmas Mountain Village? Share your experiences!