“Great Retreat Location” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
anjibs
“Great Retreat Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My hubby and I recently stayed at the Wintergreen in the Dells for four days. My purpose for the visit was a sewing/quilting retreat held there; and my hubby had a chance to relax while I was off with the gals. We had a wonderful retreat experience; lunches were great, accommodations comfortable and we all had a chance to sew to our heart's content. My hubby enjoyed the hot tub, lots of tv, the pool, great food and time to explore the area.
This would be a great location for your pleasure retreats, business meetings and conventions.

Room Tip: Like the upper level.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We held a family get together at Wintergreen Resort, there was between 50-60 of us....Wintergreen went above and beyond getting us what we needed and making sure we were all comfortable to have a great time. Its smaller venue is what attracted us there, as there were a lot of little kids and it was much easier to keep our eyes on them. We will be doing this again next year! Thank you, Wintergreen! :)

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us! We are so glad that your family enjoyed their stay here. Being a family run hotel we always enjoy when we have large family gatherings here. After all families are the reason we all are.

Thank you again and we will see you next year!
Fond-du-Lac, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The people on the phone and at the front desk were very friendly. The room was clean and large for a standard room. The pool could have been warmer.

pool and spa were a little cool. Dinning was very good.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
We are so happy that our staff went above and beyond your expectations. We pride ourselves in our customer service.

Thank you for letting us know about the pool being a little cooler. After all we can't adjust things to meet our guests' needs if we don't know about them.

Thank you again and we will see you down the road!
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My stay at the Wintergreen was in early February as part of an Angel On My Shoulder: Angel Care Caregiver's Retreat. The room I was booked in was a king bed and had a whirlpool bath, a very pleasant surprise. The staff was friendly and very accommodating to our group. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and it was very quiet where my room was (3rd fl, end of the hall), making my stay very restful. Lots of space in the room, very clean, very comfortable. While I was alone for my stay, it would have been an excellent room for a romantic getaway. The small patio outside the sliding glass door had a chair and would have made a relaxing spot for that first cup of morning coffee in warm weather. The food was very good and they took very good care of us during our retreat. While I relaxed in the whirlpool, others at the retreat made the most of the pool and facilities. I heard no complaints from any of our group. I would not hesitate to book a stay there with my family. While at that time of year the local attractions were closed, the resort is located close enough to make an easy stay for enjoying what Wisconsin Dells has to offer. Thank you for the restorative stay!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor at the end of the hall, it was very quiet and restful.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kinds words! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Angel On My Shoulder is such an important retreat for its guests. We are happy you were able to make it for it this year.

Hopefully we will see you this summer so you can take advantage of our great location.

Take care and we will see you down the road!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

I reviewed this as a 4 out of 5 star resort December 2013.

Last week I took my wife and now 4 year old to this hotel. Sadly it is not the same hotel it once was...
When we first got there we went to the swimming pool. It was very cold. We asked the staff to turn up the heater. They responded with: "The water in the water park is warmer, the pool will feel colder you know..." That was quite rude. At least the next morning the maintenance man agreed that it was cold and he adjusted the temp.

That same evening I went to the bar with my "BOGO" rail mixer coupon. The bartender made me the same drink as he did in 2013 but now he wouldn't accept the coupon! It ended up going to waste.

We also happened to be staying here the same night as a large ski group. I spent hours listening to them banging on my door and windows and screaming as they were really drunk. Robert, the manager simply told me I should have told them their was a problem. Like the Wintergreen staff couldn't tell they were trashing the place? Beer bottles and cans everywhere.
He did offer me a free night stay and 2 coupons for free breakfast buffets my next visit at least. Although I had to argue with him for that. (he originally offered me just 20% off ONE NIGHT in the future!) I really wish someone would have told me a large party group was coming here, I would easily have switched my vacation to the following weekend.

House keeping seems to be struggling now too. They did not replenish my toilet paper, coffee, or tissue paper after my first night. I had to goto the front desk to get them myself.

We also got stuck talking to staff from Bluegreen a couple times while were here. Bluegreen was trying to sign people up to attend a 2 hour tours of another place. They were placed right by the front desk next to the pool. This was very irritating since I had to see them everytime we went to the pool. They really should have put them on the other side of the front desk by the door so they wouldn't bother guests that were not interested.

The only thing that keeps them from getting 1 star from me this time is The fact that the waterpark is very nice for a 4 year old and the fact that they let me check in early, which was very nice since I do have a small child. They also have replaced the carpeting in the hotel which is nice, as the old green carpet was in rough shape. I hope they clean up the waterpark next. Parts of it have green mildew/mold on the nets now.

I really hope the Wintergreen can get itself back on track. It can be a very nice hotel. I really don't want to see this place turn itself into a place to avoid.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 101. It is right next to an entrance. You will hear people coming in and out all...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

We were booked as overflow from the Great Wolf Lodge to attend a Formal Military event. The newsletter from our National Guard Unit stated there were not enough rooms available at the Great Wolf, so we would be staying at the Wintergreen and they would offer free room upgrades! When we checked in the Manager said she knew nothing about the free upgrades. We did upgrade (an extra $80.00) and were charged for this. When I brought the newsletter down to her to prove to her that it said we would be able to upgrade for free, she argued that she could not do that since we did not state that when the room was first reserved. We did not personally book the room, someone at the Military office did! She argued her point about the hotel needing to make money and how they were doing the Great Wolf Resort a favor by letting us stay there. This is very poor customer service and I am disgusted that management does not support the military community and their families. I will never stay there again nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

The hotel is in need on renovations. We stayed there with our hockey team this weekend. The beds are uncomfortable and the rooms need new carpet, paint, and wallpaper replaced as it was coming off the wall. When I turned on the sink next to the fridge it sprayed all over. Our room had a mildew smell.

I we did see the hotel was putting in new carpet that is at least a step in the right direction. Very friendly staff and in a good location to walk to many places including the outlet mall. Good rate for being in the Dells.

Until the hotel changes out the beds and updates the rooms will choose to stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2015
Thank you so much taking the time to review our hotel! We will pass on your positive notes about our staff to each of our department heads. They work very hard to ensure that each and every guest is treated as if they were staying in their own homes.

We regret that you had issues with your room. We always encourage anyone who has an issue with their room to immediately contact the front desk so the issues can be rectified in a timely manner. Our staff inspects each and every room before and after a guest checks out to ensure the room is up to the highest standard.

Each of our guests are as unique as the places they come to us from. With this in mind we try to have rooms that will accommodate each of our guests unique needs. To help facilitate this some our rooms are equipped with firmer beds than others. The next time you choose to stay with us let us know about your preferences and will find a room that is right for you!

We strive to create a hotel that reminds quests of an earlier time, a simpler time. Every detail throughout the hotel is carefully chosen to reflect our Victorian theme. From our faux taxidermy in the lobby to the music throughout the halls to the new carpet that is being installed; everything is picked to reflect a past era which creates a charm that you will not find anywhere else in the Wisconsin Dells.

We work very hard to balance our Victorian theme with today's amenities. We have equipped each room with brand new LED flat screen televisions, high-speed WIFI, a kitchenette, as well as several outlets to charge all of today's devices.

It is great to hear that your team was able to take advantage of our great location. Between Tanger Outlet Mall, Knuckleheads, and the numerous restaurants there is something to do for everyone.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We will see you down the road!

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!