“Two years in row.....I have no complaints” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Gasser Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
“Two years in row.....I have no complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Wintergreen Resort for two years and we have no complaints. The motel is Victorian and has the look of the Old-Victorian and my wife loves it. The outdoor pool is nice and the indoor pool is nice also.( The water could be a little warmer) The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The people at the front desk were nice and very helpful. I was reading some reviews from back in June and July and they had to be talking about a different motel because our stay there was nothing like what they had said. We as a family, are going to put together a family "get-together"and we will be staying at Wintergreen Resort. July 12th 2014.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We have had a little bit of a cool summer so I'm afraid it can make the water temp feel a little chilly, but I will definitely check with maintenance to make sure they are keeping it warm enough. We are overjoyed that you are planning to bring your families and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Middleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have two grandkids, 12 and 13, who had been begging to go to Noah's Ark Waterpark but I wasn't sure if it was worth staying overnight because we are only an hour from the Dells. However, I had always wanted to go on the Ducks and see the Tommy Bartlett show so I thought maybe we could turn a day at Noah's Ark into a real summer vacation if the rooms weren't too expensive. I asked a friend whose company always goes to the Dells for their meetings if she knew of any places that were nice but reasonable and she immediately said the only place to go was Wintergreen Resort. Even though I read some reviews about the resort being out-dated I decided to take my friend's advice and check out the resort's website. All I can say is… I am so glad I did! As soon as I found out their rooms included Noah's Ark tickets it was a no brainer, we were going to try this resort out! I personally liked the resort's Victorian decor. It has a cozy charm that reminds me of some of the bed and breakfasts I have stayed at out East. The kids spent 2 full days at Noah's and the other day exploring with us. We ended up having really fun and very affordable summer vacation. Thank you Wintergreen, we will be back again next year!

Room Tip: I guess some people might complain because everything isn't shiny and new but the staff was frie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for that sparkling review! We are so humbly pleased that you gave us a shot and were so pleased with everything. Please be sure to pass on our thanks to your friend that recommended us and we hope to see you again and again!
Stratford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Front desk customer service better than any other hotel in town. Noahs arc tickets made our stay a good deal. Balconies in rooms a nice touch. Location couldnt be better. Rooms clean and updated. Bathrooms small but fridge and counter a nice touch. We would go back.

• Stayed July 2014
We would love to see you again soon! Thanks for the glowing review. We are so pleased that everything was to your liking and our front desk staff was so amazing!
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is my fourth year staying at the Wintergreen with my daughter and two grand daughter ages 8 and 11. They really love staying there. They have stayed at the bigger hotels in the dells but this is the one they choose every year. The staff is excellent i usually work with Kitty she is so understanding and accomadating to your needs. The hotel was very clean our room was also clean the beds were comfortable. The pools are in great condition and kept clean all the time. So another year with my special girls was very succesful they had a blast never even left to go to Noah,s Ark which would have been free they just wanted to swim ther. Thanks again Joanne

Room Tip: pool side room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the wonderful reviewing and coming to see us again and again. We love to have you hear and we are so lucky to have Kittie! We hope to see you again soon!
Manteno, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Upon checking into Wintergreen, our room gave me a few reasons to give a less than stellar review. A broken chair and the freezer was completely frosted over, not allowing the door to close. HOWEVER, after letting them know about the issues, it was taken care of 100% within ten minutes! Different chair and fridge, all was good!

The room was very clean as was the rest of the facility. Aside from some worn, peeling wallpaper in the room, everything else was great. We had a handicapped room, so it had a nice higher toilet and plenty of grab bars. I prefer a roll in shower of an accessible tub, but non were available. No big deal.

Check in/out was quick and no problems were encountered. The indoor and outdoor "water parks" are old school and don't stand up to today's high end parks. But that is exactly what I wanted! I can't enjoy monster sized places, so Wintergreen was just what I needed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad our staff was quick to respond to your concerns. We hope to see you back again soon!
St. Peters, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We decided on this hotel after opting out of a different hotel. The hotel definitely needs updating. The front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful. I liked the idea of two bedrooms in the room. The beds themselves were extremely hard. My kids really enjoyed the mini waterpark at the hotel and spent a couple of hours just playing. We also liked the included passes to Noah's Ark. My husband complained about the smell of the room and hotel, it was pretty bad. We could hear kids running on the floor above us until pretty late both nights we were there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and will definitely be looking into some of those things. We are always in the process of trying to update the resort so we hope that you will visit again soon and be pleasantly surprised with the changes!
Stronghurst, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here on our pre-honeymoon since we will have no time to go anywhere after our wedding. Being that it was only 4 hours away, this seemed perfect for my fiance and I. The desk clerks were beyond nice. We received tickets to Noah's Ark along with a coupon book for major attractions, the outlet mall, and restaurants in the area. Kitty and Janessa were super sweet and gave us advise on attractions and restaurants. The hotel was clean, very very hot water, nice water pressure, and the pool area was very clean. This is definitely a family hotel and the kids we saw during our stay seemed to really enjoy the pool area; as did we (my fiance and I are really big kids) . My only concern is the bedding. They do not replace your bedding when they clean the room, but instead just make the bed as is.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and congratulations! We hope you come back and visit. And don't be shy, we would be happy to change the sheets at your request next time. Many happy wishes for your wedding!

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!