“Awesome wedding location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
denver
“Awesome wedding location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I just got married at the Wintergreen Resort, August 10,2013. The rates for our guests were reasonable considering the time of year we had our wedding. All of our guests were accomodated ( we had a large group) and the staff was ready and willing to help with anything that came up. Shirley the Sales contact at the Wintergreen was absoultey fabulous, she helped with any need that we had. We meet with Shirley many times and through many emails she helped us plan the best wedding we could have dreamed of. I would highly recommend the Wintergreen Resort for a wedding or for any trips you may have planned to Wisconsin Dells. I will be returning when I am in town again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
The staff at the Wintergreen Resort and Conference Center is pleased to have been part of your "special day". We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help you with the set-up and planning of it. The group department will go out of their way to help accomodate guests during the planning stages to the final day of events. Group rates can be worked out when there are over ten rooms to be put into a block (based on availability and occupancy of the hotel). We appreciate your kind words and can't wait for you to come see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I had a pleasant stay at the Wintergreen Resort. We were in the Dells over Labor Day weekend for a pleasure trip. We had not reserved a room until we started our road trip to Wisconsin. Through a few quick searches on her iPhone, my wife found the Wintergreen. They had vacancy, location, a good price, and decent online reviews.

We stayed in a comfortable suite with a king-size bed and "living room" area. It was spacious, and included a mini-bar with refrigerator. The bathroom was a separate room. It was well lit, and not at all cramped. The look of the room was a bit generic: white walls that had reproductions of 18th century prints depicting floral arrangements, dark carpet, and dark wood furniture. In other words, traditional (if not a bit boring) American hotel room style. There was a flat screen television. The furniture and bed spread appear to have been updated since the user-uploaded pictures were posted (they're less garish than they were in 2009).

We did not spend a lot of time in the lobby, nor did we take advantage of the pool and water-park amenities. However, that being said, what could be wrong with a water park containing a replica of a polar bear? (NOTHING!)

The service at the front desk was the stand-out part of our stay. The desk clerks were friendly, and dispensed very useful advice on which Dells attractions were worthwhile, where to purchase tickets, and where to eat.

To sum it up: the Wintergreen Resort provided a comfortable room for our one-night stay. I can give no opinion on the "resort" or "conference center" aspects of the hotel, but I can say that the service was excellent. I recommend staying here should your travel requirements match those I have described here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We're pleased to have had you stay with us at the Wintergreen Resort and happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The Wintergreen Resort does have a victorian-theme throughout it, which caries into the rooms. The floral wallpaper and carpeting are specially ordered to help follow through with this theme.

Thank you for your compliments on the front-desk staff as we pride ourselves in our customer service. The staff will help give advice in any ways possible, so just make sure you ask us.

We hope you come back and stay with us again and this time maybe you can try out our "polar" pool areas.
West Allis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family planned a quick getaway before school started and found the rates at the Wintergreen to be far better than most in the area and with better room and pool facilities. The front desk staff was super nice and helped us pick a room that suited our needs. The pools were warm, which even allowed my wife to enjoy some water fun with the kids. The rooms are very clean and upscale compared to most. I will surely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk staff, they will help you find the perfect room, they have 3 floors, balcony...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback on the Wintergreen Resort. We're happy you chose to stay with us and appreciate the positive feedback on the pool areas and rooms. We hope the next time you're in the area, you will come see us again. Thanks again!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center in the Dells. We loved it. The staff are friendly and helpful and it is within walking distance of many shops and a short distance from the outlet mall. We also liked it because it is not as large as the waterparks where you have to walk a mile to get anywhere. All of the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the service was good and again the staff were very friendly. One night the bartender went to the kitchen, even though it was closed, to get me some ice tea. That wouldn't happen in a large facility. The room was clean and nice and the rates are reasonable.

Wish we could have stayed longer. We definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a room recommendation. Tell them what you are looking for and what you like...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! Thank you for your review! We are so lucky to have had you stay with us on your "weekend getaway". The Wintergreen Resort is nearby to many places to eat and walking distance to Tanger Outlet Mall (make sure to pick up your mall coupon!) We are a smaller, family-owned hotel which makes it nice to get from one area to another with little hassle. Thank you for the compliments on the front desk staff and breakfast buffet (what a treat!). Our staff will do whatever we are able to, to help make your stay with us the best it can be. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Wisconsin Dells and hope you will stay with us again.
Kaukauna, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 8/25-8/26 2013 and it was horrible. The outside pool area was limited due to the slide being closed. The whirlpool jets did not work. The inside pool was also limited since all the kids area was taped off. The bar was closed so I was not able to get the 3 dollar drinks as advertised. We stayed on the 2nd floor and someone was making a lot of noise above us. I called the front desk to ask if they could do something. After 30 mins I walked to front desk, she informed me she was alone and could not leave the desk to take care of it. So I went up to 3rd floor and knocked on door and asked if they could keep it down. I went back to the room and the noise continued till 12:45 am.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Guest Relations Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello Robert C,

We are so disappointed that you had such an unpleasant stay with us. Our outdoor slide is open in the summertime (weather permitting) 2-6pm daily. I do hope that you let us know about the whirlpool jets so we could look into that right away, and I'm sorry that a portion of the indoor waterpark was closed for maintenance during your stay. Our lounge/bar is open daily in the summertime for our happy hour specials and buy one get one coupons. We regret that you did not get more consideration from the room above you, and even worse that you got the feeling that it was not important to us. Our guest's comfort is our top priority, and we hope that you might give us another opportunity to express that. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback, and we wish you happy travels where ever you go!
Pewaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although I have stayed at Wintergreen in the past, and always had a superior experience while there, I had decided to stay elsewhere during a recent trip to the Dells. Big mistake! On Day One I drove to the Wintergreen to ask about a room for the next several nights, and was greeted with the greatest respect and friendly service. Front desk clerk Danielle was outstanding. She found exactly the room I needed, at a great rate, and continued to serve with a smile throughout my stay. The grounds are spotless, the room clean and comfortable, the pools were very well maintained. Housekeeping was a little sloppy in making up the room, but I was able to overlook that, all things considered. I highly recommend the Wintergreen Resort and I will not stay any other place in the Dells.

Room Tip: I had a room near the pool and did not hear any pool noise after the doors were closed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. This is exactly what we strive to achieve with our guests as we pride ourselves in our customer service. We have told housekeeping they did not do a satisfactory job and they need to step it up another knotch. We are, although, happy to know our front desk and hotel staff are doing their job making you feel comfortable. We look forward to you staying with us again. Thank you.
New Glarus, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just returned from a 1 night stay - wish it could have been more! We wanted a hotel w/ waterpark suited for young children, this couldn't have been more perfect! If you don't like all of the crowds at the bigger waterparks in the Dells, and aren't looking for huge waterslides, you should stay here! The price couldn't have been more reasonable, hotel was clean, room was very nice, loved the private balcony for each room, not crowded at all, and the staff was so friendly (Kittie became a quick friend - especially to my 5 year old son), We spent all day between the indoor and outdoor waterparks, which is totally perfect for families with young children. We could not get my son or daughter off the white slide in the indoor park! The water in both parks was nice and warm - we enjoyed it very much! My son would be disappointed if I didn't mention his new BFF "Shivers" the Polar Bear who greets every guest in the lobby. Nice touch for the kids.
Very kid friendly place, would highly recommend. We'll be back this winter for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It's so wonderful to hear from such a great guest! We are so pleased you were "Pleasantly Surprised..." with your stay here. We're glad you were able to take advantage of both our inside and outside pool areas with your children.

Shivers is a nice "touch". You've got to get your picture taken with him when you stay at the Wintergreen Resort- he loves being in photos. Thank you again for your review!

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!