“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our family stayed at the Wintergreen Resort when having a family reunion. They went out of their way to make sure we had easy access rooms for the elderly. They made sure our rooms were all in the same area of the hotel. This made it easy for the family to be together. The desk attendants were very helpful, as to what was available in the area. The rooms were very clean and pleasant. The hotel has a great location. The rooms for the reunion were offered to us at a great price. I would recommend the Wintergreen as a perfect hotel for reunions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Diana! What a joy it is to hear from one of our family reunions! It's always a pleasure to have you all come here. We love being part of memories with each other. Our group department does whatever they can to get you the best rate possible for group functions and they are a pleasure to work with. It's great you were able to take advantage of some or our deals and advice to the option of attractions in the area. We look forward to your family returning to see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Overall the staff was friendly.

We ate breakfast 3-30-13, and had to wait approximately 12 mins before anyone noticed on sitting down to wait. There was only 4-5 tables with people. Food overall at the buffet was so so. Donuts, fruits, sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy. No bacon at the buffet.

Pool area, perfect for little kids, the chlorine was horrible, it burned our eyes so bad we actually had to leave several times. The little kids loved it though overall. I've stayed at several big hotels here in the Dells but this was pretty bad when it was making people have to sit out for a while.

We stopped in to grab a few drinks and the older bartender was excellent! He treated us so well and took a few pictures with our little one.

I am sitting wide awake at 4am writing this at the hotel why your probably thinking? The bed is so stiff that it is hurting my back and the other person who's on it as well. The room is very stuffy/ dry.

I noticed they have very outdated TVs. No flat screens, the air/ heat unit doesn't work as well as it should. I realized they are trying to keep a Victorian look, but I believe they could look into some updated ideas.

Hallway floors make the tiniest footsteps sound like your stomping through the halls.

Hopefully the staff reads these reviews and decides to maybe take advice from people actually staying here. Maybe if things get updated, new TVs. New beds that won't be so stiff and hard and updated Victorian wallpaper flooring, we might consider coming back, for now will look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Words can not express how wonderful this hotel is! The staff is OUTSTANDING! Super friendly and courteous. The rooms were the cleanest I have ever encountered at a hotel. The rooms were super quiet. You couldn't hear a peep from anywhere. The pancakes were better than my mother's! We had a first floor room with sliding patio doors. We were able to park right outside our room which made unloading/loading easier. The location to other activities was great. Knuckleheads right through the parking lot and Starbucks right across the street. The pool area was nice and simple. We will be coming back soon for another weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for room 123. Perfect location to everything!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback on the Wintergreen Resort. We're glad to know our housekeepers are doing their job to the best of the ability and it's wonderful to hear of this from our guests. The pancakes are wonderful at the Wintergreen Grille- next time try some of the lunch items as well! We are also excited about Starbucks recently going in across the street from us. The pool area is excellent for kids and adults can enjoy the jacuzzi and pool area with basketball hoop. Thank you again for your review.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Wintergreen for a work conference.

The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient, the rooms were VERY clean and the accomodations excellent for what I needed.

I had a king with whirlpool bath, room 122. Perfect location for anyone that stay's here in the summer. Sliding patio doors lead out to the small waterpark. I think this place is a great alternative for families with small children that want to have a waterpark. The indoor waterpark and pool also was a great place for kids.

Buffalo Phils and Knuckle Heads for the kids were across the parking lot, and the Tanger Outlet Mall a short walk past that.

I would not hesitate to stay again, the looby bar was very nice, and Gary the bartender was outstanding in service. He was aware of all the happening's around him, and making sure that no one was getting out of hand. During my stay there was a conference of over 100 men, he made sure that everyone was behaving :)

No worries and enjoy the cleanliness of this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 122 was a great location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking a minute to let us know how we're doing as a hotel! We appreciate your kind words and advice for future guests here. The first floor poolview rooms are amazing rooms for the summer time (especially if you have kids or want to catch some extra rays on your patio/balcony). Many places to eat are within walking distance and of course Tanger Outlet Mall is a wonderful place to spend some time and get great deals! The lounge is a lot of fun and our bartenders do a wonderful job of making everyone feel as if they are "old friends" coming to see us again. Thank you again; we look forward to you visiting again.
Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at this wonderful location and all the endless possibilities that this hotel has to offer. This hotel was absolutely gorgeous, I have never been in a hotel where they took so much pride and joy into their decorations. I love the little themes here, I am a major fan of the Victorian style, so much class! The layout of this hotel is so very spacious. The staff was beyond helpful, we were so grateful for all their help. I will definitely be choosing this hotel in the near future; and I will recommend this hotel to my friends and other family members.

Room Tip: No need, the rooms were spectacular as is.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello Tyler! Thank you for your positive comments on our resort! The Wintergreen Resort is family-owned and does take a lot of pride in not just the cleanliness but the smaller aspects of the resort as well. For instance, the seasonal decorations and the Victorian-theme throughout the hotel. We're glad you noticed our customer service as well. Thank you again and we can't wait for your family and friends to come visit us, too!
Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very kind and helpful to all our needs. We enjoyed the lounge and restaurant ( Great food) We would definitely recommend this hotel and we plan on staying here again sometime soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you, Steven, for your positive comments on our resort. The lounge is very relaxing with wonderful staff and the restaurant as well- but with excellent food. Try the pecan french toast on the Sunday buffet! We can't wait for you to come stay with us again.
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at Wintergreen for a business conference that was also held at the hotel. The first think I noticed was the clean lobby and friendly front desk staff. They were able to check me in almost an hour and a half early! I was excited about that and got up to my room. At first, I felt like I was going back in time because of the decor. It was then that I asked the staff about the decor. It is a THEME HOTEL set to be a Victorian mansion. They did a great job furnishing it to look that way. I actually enjoyed the decor because it reminded me of fond childhood memories at my grandmother's home. Rooms and everywhere were very clean and well upkept. I would definitely recommend this hotel based on the treatment i received, the value of the hotel, the food in the restaurant, the very nice swimming facility, and the theme. Very worth your money and time to choose this restaurant. Plus, it is right down the block from the Tanger Outlet mall without the inflated price of Great Wolf or similar resorts in the same area. Wintergreen is very easy to find and should be at the top of your list for Wisconsin Dells hotel locations!

Room Tip: Top floor in the main hotel building is where I stayed. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Dean for your positive comments on our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to write on our hotel. We are so happy you appreciate our Victorian-themed hotel and the details involved with this. We're happy it reminded you of your childhood memories at your grandmother's house as those are some of the best memories. Cleanliness and customer service are our priority so we are thrilled you were able to take that away from your stay with us! We are very convenient to many places in the area, esepcially the Tanger Outlet Mall. Thank you again and we can't wait for you to come back and see us!

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!