“Great stay at the Wintergreen” 5 of 5 stars

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Gasser Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #23 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great stay at the Wintergreen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Wintergreen for a work conference.

The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient, the rooms were VERY clean and the accomodations excellent for what I needed.

I had a king with whirlpool bath, room 122. Perfect location for anyone that stay's here in the summer. Sliding patio doors lead out to the small waterpark. I think this place is a great alternative for families with small children that want to have a waterpark. The indoor waterpark and pool also was a great place for kids.

Buffalo Phils and Knuckle Heads for the kids were across the parking lot, and the Tanger Outlet Mall a short walk past that.

I would not hesitate to stay again, the looby bar was very nice, and Gary the bartender was outstanding in service. He was aware of all the happening's around him, and making sure that no one was getting out of hand. During my stay there was a conference of over 100 men, he made sure that everyone was behaving :)

No worries and enjoy the cleanliness of this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 122 was a great location.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thanks for taking a minute to let us know how we're doing as a hotel! We appreciate your kind words and advice for future guests here. The first floor poolview rooms are amazing rooms for the summer time (especially if you have kids or want to catch some extra rays on your patio/balcony). Many places to eat are within walking distance and of course Tanger Outlet Mall is a wonderful place to spend some time and get great deals! The lounge is a lot of fun and our bartenders do a wonderful job of making everyone feel as if they are "old friends" coming to see us again. Thank you again; we look forward to you visiting again.

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at this wonderful location and all the endless possibilities that this hotel has to offer. This hotel was absolutely gorgeous, I have never been in a hotel where they took so much pride and joy into their decorations. I love the little themes here, I am a major fan of the Victorian style, so much class! The layout of this hotel is so very spacious. The staff was beyond helpful, we were so grateful for all their help. I will definitely be choosing this hotel in the near future; and I will recommend this hotel to my friends and other family members.

Room Tip: No need, the rooms were spectacular as is.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello Tyler! Thank you for your positive comments on our resort! The Wintergreen Resort is family-owned and does take a lot of pride in not just the cleanliness but the smaller aspects of the resort as well. For instance, the seasonal decorations and the Victorian-theme throughout the hotel. We're glad you noticed our customer service as well. Thank you again and we can't wait for your family and friends to come visit us, too!
Merrill, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very kind and helpful to all our needs. We enjoyed the lounge and restaurant ( Great food) We would definitely recommend this hotel and we plan on staying here again sometime soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you, Steven, for your positive comments on our resort. The lounge is very relaxing with wonderful staff and the restaurant as well- but with excellent food. Try the pecan french toast on the Sunday buffet! We can't wait for you to come stay with us again.
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at Wintergreen for a business conference that was also held at the hotel. The first think I noticed was the clean lobby and friendly front desk staff. They were able to check me in almost an hour and a half early! I was excited about that and got up to my room. At first, I felt like I was going back in time because of the decor. It was then that I asked the staff about the decor. It is a THEME HOTEL set to be a Victorian mansion. They did a great job furnishing it to look that way. I actually enjoyed the decor because it reminded me of fond childhood memories at my grandmother's home. Rooms and everywhere were very clean and well upkept. I would definitely recommend this hotel based on the treatment i received, the value of the hotel, the food in the restaurant, the very nice swimming facility, and the theme. Very worth your money and time to choose this restaurant. Plus, it is right down the block from the Tanger Outlet mall without the inflated price of Great Wolf or similar resorts in the same area. Wintergreen is very easy to find and should be at the top of your list for Wisconsin Dells hotel locations!

Room Tip: Top floor in the main hotel building is where I stayed. It was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Dean for your positive comments on our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to write on our hotel. We are so happy you appreciate our Victorian-themed hotel and the details involved with this. We're happy it reminded you of your childhood memories at your grandmother's house as those are some of the best memories. Cleanliness and customer service are our priority so we are thrilled you were able to take that away from your stay with us! We are very convenient to many places in the area, esepcially the Tanger Outlet Mall. Thank you again and we can't wait for you to come back and see us!
janesville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed for a quick get-away and chose Wintergreen because of it's price and features. When we checked in we noticed the smell of wintergreen throughout the place, which isn't bad if you like wintergreen. Our room was nice but there were a few little items in need of repair (light switch cover, tub drain knob, mattress cover ripped). Nothing major, but I didn't want to be but in the position of being blamed of breaking them when they were not that difficult of a fix for maintenance.
I let the staff know when we made the reservation that I smoke, and they told me there is no smoking off the balcony and that I needed to use the designated smoking area (never found out where that even was). But looking at the balcony there were at least a half dozen cigarette butts, matches, and ashes on the chair out there. I picked up the butts as I didn't want to be blamed for that.
The bed was a little too firm and the room was way too warm for comfort. Finally opened up the patio door in the middle of the night to get it cooled down enough to get some sleep. Loved the whirlpool though!
The staff wasn't outgoing and friendly as I've seen in other places but I wouldn't call them rude. A word of advice to management, instead of posting signs that come off as "don't do this or else..." write them to get your point across without sounding so negative. This is in regards to the smoking policy although I think other policies sounded rather negative too. Write it so that it's more in consideration of other guests instead of "hotel policy" sounds much friendlier. Gave that advice to a friend that runs a resort, and trust me it helps!
Other than that, had a great time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent commentrs about the Wintergreen Resort. We do appreciate your feed back on our resort. As for the smell of wintergreen through out the place, that may be a little bit of an exaggeration but our tile floor cleaner does smell like wintergreen. We clean the tile floor in the lobby and public bathrooms with this product. When they are freshly mopped they do give off this aroma, which many people think is refreshing; sorry if it is not to your taste, "to each their own."
There is no excuse for unrepaired items in guest rooms. These problems should be reported by housekeeping to our maintenance department and be quickly repaired. We do apppreciate you mentioning items that are not correct, we always try to do our best to correct and repair any items in guest rooms as soon as possible.
We recently replaced our beds with comfortable pillow top beds. Unfortunately, bed firmness desires vary greatly from guest to guest.
All our guest rooms are individually cliamte controlled that means you, the guest, determine how hot or cold you prefer your room to be. All you need to do is set the temperature to your liking on your HVAC unit. No need to open a windown if you are too hot.
hotel smoking policy is set by the State of Wisconsin. Wisconsin does not allow any smoking inside any public building or within 20 feet of door openings. The sign I believe you're referring to is the No smoking sign in the room which simply states that there is no smoking and quotes the state statute. They are not negative they are simploy stating that there is no smoking and why. As you obviously saw, many guests go right ahead and smoke anyways, as you stated, there were cigarette butts, matches and ashes on our balconies. Obviously, you vistied us in the winter and it is difficult to clean this well when we have balconies covered with snow and it is snowing every other day. We do not try to be negative but need to state this policy as our other guests are very upset if they come into a room someone has smoked in. We do not have any other signs in the hotel other than on the pool doors that say no glass or shoes in pool area as a safety notice. I am happy you are such a considerate guest and I wish everyone was as throughtful as you.
Our staff consistently is noted as being extremely friendly and helfpul, many times on trip advisor. Customer service is our number one priority and I am sorry to see you did not feel they were outgoing and friendly.
Edgar, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Staff is very friendly,rooms are very clean,nice indoor water park,makes us feel like at home,this is a great place to stay with your whole family,If you plan on coming to Wisconsin Dells, I would recommend this motel,they have an excellent lounge,and restaurant

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for the Wintergreen Resort. We take pride in our customer service, housekeeping and in making your stay full of great memories. We do have a full-service sit-down restaurant, lounge, and indoor play area on site. Thank you for the recommendation! We can't wait to have you back to stay with us!
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have been staying at the Wintergreen for a couple of years now and we have always had a wonderful experience. The staff is always friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. The reason we choose this hotel is cause it is in an excellent location, within walking distance to the Tanger Outlet Mall. The pool area is enjoyed by our daughter and the pool is always warm. We definetly will be coming here for years to come.

Room Tip: We always like to stay on the ground floor where we have access to the outdoor pool area from our ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your positive review on our resort. All of the staff here will go out of your way to make you feel comfortable and "at home." The location is prime being near the larger waterparks and attractions. We are walking distance to Tanger Outlet mall, Knuckleheads, and many places to eat (make sure to ask what coupons we have for you!) Our pool area is great to come back to after a full day of running around and our restaurant is perfect for an early meal before check-out. Thank you again for your positive feedback;

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!