“The 80's called -- they want their hotel back” 3 of 5 stars

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Gasser Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #24 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Kewaskum, WI
“The 80's called -- they want their hotel back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a good stay, but somewhat like a step back in time. I can't remember the last time I had a 19 inch CRT TV in a hotel room. The decor was all 1980's. Amazingly, in the conference room the curtains matched the wallpaper.

The bar had a friendly bartender, with personal service. Only two of us were in the bar during Monday Night football.

If you're looking for a place without too much excitement, this is it. If you don't plan to spend time at the hotel, this is it. If you have a family looking for fun at the resort, this isn't it.

Not bad for a conference, but not for family destination.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am so happy that you felt you took a step back in time! We wanted you to! This is back to the 1880's as we are decorated in a Victorian decor, from our cuplulason the roof to the Victorian flowered wallpaper and carpets in the hotel. We are glad you got the message, and by the way, we're not even built yet in the 1980's.
I am not sure about your comment about the draperies in the conference room. All of our meeting rooms have blinds except for the Grand Ballroom which we just redecorated at Christmas. It is the only room with draperies and it does not have wallpaper, rather it is beautifully decorated with chair rail and crown molding. Some of our guest rooms still have traditional 25" TVS, but we are graduatlly replacing them with flat screen TVs.
We have hosted thousands of meetings and conventions at the hotel and our quiet atmosphere and friendly staff and customer service is one of the reasons why so many of them return year after year. Our lack of excitement is condusive to their need of quiet so that their attendees can concentrate in their meetings.
However, come back and see us on weekends, spring break or summer and you will see plenty of activity! Sports teams, weddings and family reunions love our facility and have a great time in both our outdoor and indoor waterpark areas in the summer.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Mosinee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with my stay at the Wintergreen Resort. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make our stay as pleasant as possible. My husband and I have stayed here several times and each time they were amazing to us no matter who was working. The rooms were very clean and I was excited to see some new changes in the look of them! The newly remodeled ballroom looks amazing as well. We have recommended this hotel to several of our family and friends traveling to the Dells and will continue to do so in the future. We look forward to our next trip to the Dells and our stay with the Wintergreen Resort!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review the Wintergreen Resort; it's always great to hear from returning guests. The changes being made to the rooms are exciting and will renovations will continue to keep up with the Victorian theme throughout the hotel. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends- we can't wait for them to stay with us and make memories with us as well. We look forward to your visit back here!
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are looking for a place to hold a quilter's retreat, The Wintergreen Resort is the place for you. I have been a part of several quilt retreats at The Wintergreen and have nothing but great things to say about them. I have food allergies and they have been able to meet my needs. Everyone there is more than happy to help you in any way that they can. The rooms are always clean and if you need something they will do whatever they can to help. They have a wonderful large conference room. With lots of windows to let the light in which makes it wonderful for sewing. Of course, the room has many other uses, but I like to think of it as the perfect spot to gather with my quilting friends and enjoy a weekend of talking, laughing and sewing. If you are looking for a great place to get together for whatever the reason, The Wintergreen Resort will serve you well!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
It's great to hear from one of our quilters! We enjoy having your groups staying with us as well! The Grand Teton does work very well especially for quilting groups with the amount of space and right off the elevator. We're glad you've enjoyed your stays with us; we can't wait to have you all back again!
Gotham, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My employer has learned the value of choosing the Wintergreen Resort and Conference Center for day long meetings and trainings for staff gathering from throughout Wisconsin. The conference rooms are great, the service, coffee provided and meals excellent and the staff eager to accommodate any requests or resolve any concerns that may arise which have been rare.

I have attended several day long meetings at Wintergreen the past year, some of which required overnight stays. I love staying at Wintergreen. Besides being convenient with a nice indoor stroll to my conference room, the guest rooms are nice, clean and have great amenities. The staff are excellent and you feel like more than just a reservation as I have been made to feel at some of the much larger hotels in the area. You feel like your friends are checking you in and sincerely want your stay to be pleasant. They have a nice restaurant that really does have the best pancakes in town as advertised and I am hard to please when it comes to pancakes. Wintergreen has a nice little indoor water park, gift store and lounge. They are located in a great part of town, close to the interstate, theater, outlet, craft and antique malls and casino. I can no longer see myself staying anywhere else when staying in the Dells.

Room Tip: I have always found the place quiet and guests respectful in keeping the noise down. However, to ass...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. It's so nice to hear from not only a returning guests but a guest part of a group as well. We're happy to hear your experiences staying at the Wintergreen Resort have been satisfactory for you and we look forward to many more meetings you have here with us. We are lucky to be a smaller hotel which we can look at our guests and know many of our returning guests- you are not just guests in our hotel, but do become our friends. We look forward to seeing you again!
Tomah, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would recommend the Wintergreen Resort and conference center to anyone! The have amazing guest service. The are clean and friendly and very accommodating the best place I have ever stayed!!!!!! Most places in the dells have huge water parks which are nice but they don't really focus on guest service. Wintergreen resort does and always will. I want to thank them for being so accommodating and friendly to our family. I will most certainly be back!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wintergreen2285, Manager at Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
The Wintergreen staff would like to thank you for noticing our guest service. We strive to give to our guests we possibly can and will go about it however is necessary. We do have a pool area with pool, jacuzzi, and play area for kids- a place to fill some down time and have fun. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to you coming back to see us.
Sheboygan, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband, toddler and myself stayed for two nights at the Wintergreen this summer during our trip to Wisconsin Dells. We had a wonderful experience! The hotel is clean, comfortable, and well appointed. My daughter absolutely loved the indoor and outdoor waterpark areas - they were just perfect for someone her size. My husband and I relaxed in the water while we watched her go down the slide(s) a million times... all by herself, which made her so proud. :) The best thing about this place is the staff. I found all of them to be kind and helpful during all of our interactions with them. They even let us stay and swim for a couple of hours past check-out. We so appreciated that, as we weren't eager for our vacation to end! If you're looking for a budget-friendly, not to mention family-friendly, hotel in the Dells area, look no further. Great location right off the highway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
It's such a pleasure when a family takes the time to write a positive review on our resort. It's great to hear you all had a good time staying here. We like to recommend the pool areas for kids under ten, but are also a blast for adults as well. The 50' slide and other smaller slides, tunnel and climbing areas make for a very enjoy swim time. Thank you for compliment about the staff, we're glad we were able to help make your stay enjoyable. We can't wait for you to return to our resort in the near future.
Round Lake, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My Daughter,Mother,Sister and I stayed here last month.We were given coupons for the Bowling alley Funland across the way...a discounted room rate since thier pool was not open due to cleaning.It was just what we needed somewhere to lay our heads to rest and be w one another.Best pancakes I have EVER had and I am not a pancake girl!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback; we're so glad you're family was able to meet up here and we all could be part of making the trip successful. The pancakes are wonderful and you can get a 10% coupon to take down to Wintergreen Grille for breakfast or lunch. Check out all the specials we have during the year; we hope to see you back here soon!

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!