“Affordable Dells experience for families.” 5 of 5 stars

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Gasser Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #26 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Affordable Dells experience for families.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We've stayed at several hotels in the Dells, but we keep returning to the Wintergreen because their specials make it affordable to go and stay a few days, and our kids always have a great time. We have 3 kids age 6 and under, and the waterpark area is perfect for them. They will go back and forth between the waterslide and splash area, and the family pool which is just the right size and not too deep. Even dad will stay entertained with the basketball hoop right in the pool. The restaurant onsite offers a free kids meal with each paid adult entree. There is a gift shop in the lobby with swimsuits and other necessities that you may have forgotten. The people at the front desk are always helpful. While I agree that the hotel is not ultra-modern, it has a somewhat Victorian decor that is found throughout the hotel and conference center. They also offer deep discounts to Mount Olympus and Knuckleheads Family Amusement Center (next door to the resort), which our kids loved! So if you are looking for an affordable way to stay for a few days at the dells, go for the Wintergreen Resort - we'll be back again too!

Room Tip: We were able to upgrade to a family sized room for $10 above the Double Queen rate, and it gave us e...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Deforest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed there at the Wintergreen Resort and it was awesome! Kittie was great to us professional, nice, went out of her way to make our stay the best! The room was cleaner than clean! When we go to the Dells we will not stay at any other hotel. We are very picky about the service and cleanliness of the places we stay. The rate was better than any other as well and very inexpensive for how classy the place is! Next to the Mall and close to everything!

THanks again - !!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Are you looking for friendly staff? Wintergreen has it! Are you looking for a resort that offers deals? Wintergreen has it? Are you looking for an up-to-date/modern hotel? Then don't stay here.
During our visit to the Dells this summer, we choose to stay at the Wintergreen Resort. I tend to be very picky about where I stay, but after reading all the reviews and the deal they were offering, I booked the weekend. The AMAZING deal that we couldn't pass up: 2 days at Noah's Ark - that alone was like getting the room for half price. When we arrived, they gave us coupon after coupon after coupon. Last time we stayed in the Dells, we stayed at Mt. Olympus (I would HIGHLY recommend staying there) and we never received any coupons like we got at Wintergreen. We got coupons for zip lining, restaurants, shopping, other attractions and the list goes on. I loved the coupons they gave us.
Staff was amazing! Kids loved the pool area. Picky me, had some issues. First, our sliding glass door did not lock (I always check this first when we have a room with a sliding door). I called to the front desk and upon my request they offered to switch us rooms or have someone fix it. I thought most hotels it takes hours until someone comes to fix it, not here - the maintenance guy was there and fixed it in just a few minutes! I guess you I can't complain about great service. So my only major complaint was the rooms were in desperate need of a make-over. Very outdated. Please do not spend the money on a room with the pull out couch, it’s like sleeping on rocks and wires. I felt horrible for my kids.
So you might wonder, would we stay again, no. If we had paid under $100 a night, maybe I would say yes, but for $175 a night, there are a lot better hotels to stay at.

Room Tip: I would not recommend a room with a pull out couch. Couches were old and the mattress was thin. It...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Watertown, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center offered a Thanksgiving package in which you paid regular rate for 1st night and second night was $10.00. My daughter and son-in-law were coming home for Thanksgiving(from Virginia) and I thought this would be a fun trip. My sister and her family also joined us from Illinois. The pool area was perfect for the kids(grandkids ages 1 and 2 1/2 and my niece age 9). Everyone at the front desk was absolutely wonderful. There was a fridge and microwave in each room and the beds were very comfortable. My only complaint was that my daughter was told that they were closing the pool at 11 am to clean it(on Thanksgiving day) and it would reopen around 2 pm. After the kids got out of the pool and went back to their rooms, it was decided that the pool was not going to be closed. Told the person at the front desk it would have been nice to know they had changed their mind about closing it. Made the rest of the afternoon not alot of fun trying to entertain kids who only wanted to play in the pool til we were going for dinner at 4 pm. Also have a shuttle that runs to the casino. Families with teenagers will want to go to the high end hotel/waterparks. Put we are already talking about a return trip during the summer and coming back for Thanksgiving next year. Buffalo Phil's restaurant is across the parking lot and you can have the food delivered by a train. Knuckleheads is an indoor amusement park/arcade.

Room Tip: The deal was for double rooms(queen size beds) and we were poolside(outdoor pool area)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
c1g2l3p4
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed at Wintergreen Resort this was the greatest hotel I have every stay at!!!The room was So clean and the grounds area was just so beautiful and clean!!The staff at the hotel was enjoyable helpful and the nicest people I have ever met!! I will never ever have to check out other hotels because this hotel and staff is number one in my BOOK!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Wintergreen Resort and Conference Center for my own personal enjoyment, conferences and my own wedding reception. During all of my stays the rooms have always been clean and inviting, the staff is consistently willing to assist and is great resources for the Wisconsin Dells and surrounding areas. The swimming area is great for small children and room rates area always reasonable. The resort is located near many great restaurants and attractions including having a great restaurant inside. I would highly recommend a stay here anytime.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Staff at the front desk is always pleasant and helpful to all of your needs. They make you feel like "family" If they don't have what you need they find what you need else where...great stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!