“Liked Almost Everything” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, IL
“Liked Almost Everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Booked this hotel by calling the property, it was a last minute trip. We were given a 3rd floor room which I requested. The desk staff were very professional and courteous. The room itself was decorated in a Victorian theme. It was very clean. It was quiet, heard no noise from other hotel guests. My man complaint about the room was the beds. Very uncomfortable. I would stay there again in the future if a better sleep system were in place.
The room did contain a tiny fridge and microwave. The bathtub did not drain properly. The air conditioner was window type, and was a little noisy.
We did not get a chance to use the pools, but did take a look at them and they looked great, especially for young kids. We did not use the restaurant either so can not speak to that. We have stayed at multiple places in the dells, this is a good middle of the road hotel. I really liked the quietness while we were there, but really did not sleep because the beds were really uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Zionsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

All in all a nice hotel. Good location - close to the parkway, but not too close. Lots of restaurants nearby. Clean rooms, but beds a little hard and thin towels. Nice indoor and outdoor pool areas. No complaints. Good - but not great - value for price paid.

Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here on the second half of our trip to the Dells. We have been to the Wintergreen several times and keep coming back for the same reason -- it is the nicest hotel in regards to rooms, staff, and location, in the Dells. The waterpark doesn't compare to Blackwolf or Wilderness, but I like the rooms and the general feel of the hotel better. Plus, it's a great deal and an easy drive to any of the Dells attractions. Ask about their packages...we always get Noah's Ark tickets through the hotel which is a better deal than staying at one of the "waterpark hotels". Plus, Noah's is the best waterpark.

We'll be back in 2 months.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We spent 2 nights at the resort and it was a nice experience.The first impression was very positive,the lobby was clean,staff friendly.Our room was also in a fair shape.However,the sleeper sofa wasn't very comfortable and made a noise whenever you moved.On the other hand the king bed was pretty good,so make sure you reserve a room with beds and not sleeper sofas.The water in the indoor pool was warm and kids enjoyed the slides.However the main slide in the outdoor pool was closed due to "avalanche" which was a big dissapointment for us.The internet was very slow and disconnecred every 5 min.Overall,we got what we expected for the price we payed: a clean room,pools and most importantly free tickets to the Noah's Ark waterpark(we had a lot of fun there).The door in the bathroom didn't close and our 2nd key card didn't work.Of course the resort needs a LOT of improvements.But the location was great,,wintergreen is close to the malls and restaurants. It was Ok and we will go back!

Room Tip: Try to get the romm on 3 floor otherwise u'll hear everything that is going on upstairs.
Paso Robles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Last year I had the pleasure of staying at the Wintergreen Resort. Not only is the hotel eye appealing but the rooms are too with their clean and comfortable accomodations. My room was on the 1st floor, poolside, very relaxing as I assume the 2nd floor would be the same. Everyone is pleasant at the front desk and eager to assist in anyway. The hotel is close to the outlets for shopping and easy access on and off I 90-94. The location is perfect for anyone visiting the Lake Delton-Dells area since it's located right off Hwy 12. The hotel also features a special deal with a local waterpark and can recommend a great Pancake House to have breakfast. This place is a win, win for everyone in the family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Poynette, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have stayed here for weddings and each time it is excellent! The manager is very helpful and gets things done right the first time. The staff is friendly and helpful, beautiful ballroom, excellent food and a warm heated outdoor pool. If you want a smaller more personal appeal to Wisconsin Dells, I would recommend this place, I love it!

Room Tip: I always like to stay in my favorite room and I request it when I make the reservation, and it is th...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Well, I've never written a review before but felt very compelled to by our experience with the wonderful folks at Wintergreen. I have just returned from "The Dells" and am sitting writing this having not even unpacked yet. As the title of this review states, these folks saved our vacation from total ruin. I do not want to cast a negative shadow on the area, nor do I wish to relive in words the experience(s) that brought me to the Wintergreen and the very capable staff. I should particularly mention Kitty at this point as she kept track of us the entire time to make sure that our experience had become not just good but great. All of the staff was spot on and a joy to deal with as well as just talk with as you would a friend. Rooms very nicely appointed, clean, and well laid out. We would definately go back to the dells and there is only one place we will stay now......I don't need to tell you where. As for the area, it is a great time and a great place to have a lot of fun.......just don't stay at the wrong place and you will love it! Did not go in hot tub but was very clean and boys went in and said it was great. Pool was also perfect. Did not want to forget that! Oh....and eat at the restaurant at least once. Thank You Wintergreen! Hope to see you all again! Ummmm, sorry no photos yet due to my eagerness to post!

Room Tip: Stay away from Mt. Olympus!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!