“My 30th bday weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“My 30th bday weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel was great. The staff is super friendly. The gm Michelle is hands on, she worked hard to make sure we had everything we needed.. The have overnight security and he was firm yet he made us feel safe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.. Not to mention the breakfast was served hot and the fruit was fresh :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wonder Lake, Illinois, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time at this hotel, it was very clean, they served a good breakfast, and it was included, staff were very polite and helpful. Great value for the for the low cost. the beds were comfy with lots of pillows, We had a mini suit with 2 queen beds and a couch. it was enough room for 4 of us. We were very satisfied and had a great weekend.My grandchildren said they would stay there again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have a few complaints this time. First, we were never told when we checked in that wristbands were required for the breakfast, Also, we stayed in budget room this time and ice machine was plugged up and was leaking into the carpet and into the ceiling. One last thing is there should be a way to complain after hours. We had very noisy neighbors who didn't quiet down until midnight. The only good thing was the breakfast was better this year since adding eggs, sausage, etc.

Dodge Center, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My son had gotten a room a few weeks ago here for my granddaughter's basketball tournament, and when asking the grandkids where they wanted to go on a Grandma trip, they said to the Dells and Mt. Oympus and Skyline Hotel again! We had a nice first night's stay and headed to Mt. Olympus the next morning right across the street after an excellent breakfast of waffles with strawberries/syrup, eggs, sausage, fruit, juice, donuts, muffins, etc. The nicest breakfast that was free with our stay--nicer than some I had been to before. Great variety too!! The beds were very comfortable with extra pillows, and the staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay! It was a nice clean room as well! Best shower I have ever had with good water pressure and waterpick shower head--much better than my home one! I would give this 10-stars plus for their staff alone! They offer free tickets to Chula Vista Waterpark in which the kids had a great time, actually going twice to this. They offered discounts cheaper than Mayo Clinic for Mt. Olympus as well. that week. This Grandma though had unfortunately lost the keys to her son's mini-van that we drove to the Dells at the waterpark. I could not have asked for better help from the Owner of the Hotel no less and the staff! The Owner and staff helped me contact the Chevy dealer to make a new key and called a cab to get me there. They also contacted the Sheriff's Department to unlock our car to get to our belongings and cooler in the meantime. The staff helped look after the kids when we headed to the dealership. The guy who made our key at the dealership stayed beyond the closing time to help me. The cab driver was an angel in disguise and made my unfortunate incident calming and said It will be alright and God is in control and will help you get through this. His name is George! He actually was the same cab driver who drove us to Chula Vista so the kids could have some fun while we were stranded. Thumbs up to you George! There was only one room left for a second night's stay which is usually always booked they said. With the new programable key, the car still would not turn over and the owner tried to jump the car with his own vehicle and even put it on a charger all night long to see if it would start. He called his maintenance man on his day off the next day to help look over the van, and he was able to start the van after checking everything out and reprogramming the key! God brought these wonderful people in my life to help me, and I couldn't have asked for better staff and Owner of the Hotel to be there for me and my grandkids in a stressful situation! The kids said they had a great time despite all that happened! 10 stars plus to your staff and to the Owner of the Skyline Motel! I would definitely go back there again! It is an excellent value for the money and very accomodating!! God bless you all to the staff and Owner of Skyline Hotel and Suites!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor which was nice. Easier for elevator versus third floor. The Hotel si...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Drewster53965, Owner at Skyline Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm so glad everything worked out eventually for you and your family. Your story is one that will not be forgotten. Once we realized you unfortunately had become the "unluckiest grandma in the world" everyone here became determined to turn your luck around.
"Where Our Family Takes Care of Yours", isn't just our hotel motto simply put its comes from what we try to do everyday here for our guest. With all the choices to choose from in the Dells we really appreciate every guest.
St. Paul, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the cheaper motel rooms. Dirty carpeting, smell that was a mixture of musty and cleaning chemicals. Dirty water in the indoor pool. Decent location, and nice breakfast. Free wifi and free Chula Vista waterpark admission was nice. (Chula Vista was a nice but smaller waterpark about 10 minute drive outside of Wisconsin Dells.)

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked this hotel a first of all for the excellent location- across the street is Mt.Olympus park-that is closer than each Olympus village!Also too close to 'Ducks',Deer park,Secret house,Noah's Ark Water Park....in the middle of the Dells. And we were pleasant surprised of room at the hotel part-comfortable and very clean-TV,WiFi,microwave,air conditioner,coffee maker,continental breakfast was fresh with variety of food. Everyone was friendly.Everyone of us got free passes to the Chula Vista water park for the whole trip,and 50% discount for Mt.Olympus park,40% for Noah's Ark Water Park.
We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed 4 nights with my family over the week of 4th of July.The staff went out of their way to be helpful in every way they could including finding us great deals on activitys aside from the ones they already offer.The rooms were very decent for the price.I will stay and support the family owned skyline any day.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Skyline Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!