“we had a nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

1970 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #61 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“we had a nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went on this trip with another couple and stayed here because of price efficiency and the others have stayed here in the past. This is by no means a typical hotel that we would stay at, however we really have nothing to complain about. For starters, check in was easy, the front desk staff was very kind and courteous and we had no issues. Despite only having three floors, the hotel did have an elevator and stairs to move about. They give you actual keys to your room, no card readers or anything like that. We stayed in a standard room on the second floor with a king bed and sofa. The furnishings are dated, but still in good shape. The room is very large and we had more than enough space to move around, unpack, etc etc. The TV was maybe a 20" tube tv and could probably be updated, but it served its purpose for the limited time we were in the room. The AC worked perfectly in there too. My only small gripe about the room is the lack of hooks to hang wet towels and bathing suits on. I hung ours in the shower but the lack of air movement in there, we found ourselves with damp towels and bathing suits the next morning. It wasn't until the last day there that I realized we had a laundry room on our floor where we maybe could have put our wet items into the dryer, but that still would have been a cost to us. My last small complaint is that the bed was hard as rocks though, my goodness it made for a tough sleep!

The overall hotel itself is very well kept. This is a family run establishment and we constantly saw people working all over the hotel from the hallways, to the lobby and the pool areas. With this being the Dells' busy season, the amount of upkeep was impressive and truly shows they care about their business and guests.

The pool was very well kept and it was busy but not over-crowded. We found ourselves having some beers and swimming more at the pool than at Chula Vista, the wristband access the hotel gave us upon check in. The indoor pool was more for kiddies and had a nice hot tub too, all very well kept as well.

A word of advice regarding parking is drive around to the back of the hotel, there is way more parking there and has easy access to the lobby all the same as at the front.

The amount of motels in Wisconsin Dells is overwhelming and is the norm there. I recommend Skyline to anyone looking for a low-cost place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Marinette, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was my first time going to vacation at Wisconsin Dells. We booked a different hotel, but then discovered the other hotel had bugs. We switched to the Skyline and the staff was absolutely amazing. They listened to our story and were very nice and generous. The breakfast in the morning was spectacular. Waffles with strawberries and chocolate chips. Our overall experience was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our bus tour group of 55 people stayed here 2 nights, and we found the managers and entire staff extremely friendly and helpful in trying to do everything possible to make our stay comfortable. They worked very hard to do whatever they could to ensure a great experience for us at their hotel.
The breakfast was outstanding, too!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was cheap and in prime location on "the strip." We first thought that it would be an okay hotel and just like any other hotel but we were wrong. Even though we stayed in the motel part the rooms were large and felt like a suite. The bathroom was also big, clean, and had a nice shower. The free breakfast was also very nice and was basically a buffet with eggs,
cereal, bagels, and waffle makers. The front desk staff also was very nice and helpful. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in the Dells!

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is not a review of the rooms, but rather the owner/general manager who runs the motel. We had booked a reservation for June 7, 2013. We had booked a jacuzzi room, but decided to call and switch to a standard room because we were going to be gone for most of the stay. When I called to ask about the switch the manager stated no, that was not possible. She stated that jacuzzi rooms could not be altered or changed and continued to state that all of that information was contained in the confirmation email. I then stated that I had read the email and no where did it state that a person was not able to change from a jacuzzi room to a standard room. There were provisions regarding condos, 2 bedroom units, and group reservations, but nothing regarding jacuzzi suites. Now had this lady nicely explained her reasons behind not granting this request I would have left it as is and we would have not had any problems. What happened was quite the opposite. While I was explaining the information contained in the email the line went dead. I called back thinking it was a bad connection, but instead it was the manager that hung up on me. She also proceeded to tell me that she cancelled my f****** reservation and she never wanted to see my f****** face in her motel. I started to laugh thinking this was not real. It was real and the expletives continued on for a good two minutes. This place is a joke and when I went to get the receipt confirming the return of the deposit the lobby smelled of urine. Do not patronize this place she secretly hates you and your family. The thing about some of these motels in the Dells is that despite how the owners treat you they will still get business because of the free waterpark tickets they provide. There are some great family run motels that are clean and the owners are friendly, but this is definitely not one of them. I think when we come back we will book under my friends name and secretly laugh because she will have no idea that I am the one she cussed out on the phone. La bruja es loca!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family of 4 stayed at the hotel part (not the motel) and it was very nice! We have been to Mt. Olympus and loved it and found that the Skyline was a good comparison. The beds are very comfy and the pillows are nice and fluffy. The pool was a great place to wind down after a long day at the water parks and the parents are too tired to do anything else, lol, so the kids can still burn off some energy. The location was perfect along with free passes to the Mt. Olympus park directly across the street (although crossing the busy street was a challenge). The Ducks are right next door and driving downtown was super easy. I would totally stay here again and recommend it to anyone :)

Room Tip: Bring a small grill and go to Walmart. Make your own food bc the restaurants at the Dells will empt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is in one of the best locations in the Dells. Right across from Mt Olympus & right next to the ducks! It is very budget priced, yet has all the amenities of a "more expensive" hotel, including a very nice free hot breakfast, indoor pool & whirlpool, game room and in room fridge & microwaves. We were greeted with the surprise news that the manager had upgraded our room which was so awesome! I usually expect uncomfortable mattresses at this price, but the beds were very comfortable, room very clean, tasteful and quiet. As an extra bonus, they have one of the best management & staff teams I have experienced--down to earth, caring, friendly and eager to accommodate. There is a lot of hotel/motel competition in the Dells, but they earned my loyalty during our first visit. We will be back when school lets out to stay again, this time for 2 nights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Drewster53965, Owner at Skyline Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Sandra!! I can't tell you how much your comments are appreciated. I will pass this on to all the employees here. It really makes our day when someone takes the time and considers us enough to leave a review.
You are right about plenty of competition in this town. That's why we understand how important each and every guests experience is. By the way we think your kinda of great too!
Looking forward to your next visit,

Drew
Owner

Been to Skyline Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!