“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Marinette, Wisconsin
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

It was my first time going to vacation at Wisconsin Dells. We booked a different hotel, but then discovered the other hotel had bugs. We switched to the Skyline and the staff was absolutely amazing. They listened to our story and were very nice and generous. The breakfast in the morning was spectacular. Waffles with strawberries and chocolate chips. Our overall experience was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our bus tour group of 55 people stayed here 2 nights, and we found the managers and entire staff extremely friendly and helpful in trying to do everything possible to make our stay comfortable. They worked very hard to do whatever they could to ensure a great experience for us at their hotel.
The breakfast was outstanding, too!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was cheap and in prime location on "the strip." We first thought that it would be an okay hotel and just like any other hotel but we were wrong. Even though we stayed in the motel part the rooms were large and felt like a suite. The bathroom was also big, clean, and had a nice shower. The free breakfast was also very nice and was basically a buffet with eggs,
cereal, bagels, and waffle makers. The front desk staff also was very nice and helpful. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in the Dells!

• Stayed June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is not a review of the rooms, but rather the owner/general manager who runs the motel. We had booked a reservation for June 7, 2013. We had booked a jacuzzi room, but decided to call and switch to a standard room because we were going to be gone for most of the stay. When I called to ask about the switch the manager stated no, that was not possible. She stated that jacuzzi rooms could not be altered or changed and continued to state that all of that information was contained in the confirmation email. I then stated that I had read the email and no where did it state that a person was not able to change from a jacuzzi room to a standard room. There were provisions regarding condos, 2 bedroom units, and group reservations, but nothing regarding jacuzzi suites. Now had this lady nicely explained her reasons behind not granting this request I would have left it as is and we would have not had any problems. What happened was quite the opposite. While I was explaining the information contained in the email the line went dead. I called back thinking it was a bad connection, but instead it was the manager that hung up on me. She also proceeded to tell me that she cancelled my f****** reservation and she never wanted to see my f****** face in her motel. I started to laugh thinking this was not real. It was real and the expletives continued on for a good two minutes. This place is a joke and when I went to get the receipt confirming the return of the deposit the lobby smelled of urine. Do not patronize this place she secretly hates you and your family. The thing about some of these motels in the Dells is that despite how the owners treat you they will still get business because of the free waterpark tickets they provide. There are some great family run motels that are clean and the owners are friendly, but this is definitely not one of them. I think when we come back we will book under my friends name and secretly laugh because she will have no idea that I am the one she cussed out on the phone. La bruja es loca!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family of 4 stayed at the hotel part (not the motel) and it was very nice! We have been to Mt. Olympus and loved it and found that the Skyline was a good comparison. The beds are very comfy and the pillows are nice and fluffy. The pool was a great place to wind down after a long day at the water parks and the parents are too tired to do anything else, lol, so the kids can still burn off some energy. The location was perfect along with free passes to the Mt. Olympus park directly across the street (although crossing the busy street was a challenge). The Ducks are right next door and driving downtown was super easy. I would totally stay here again and recommend it to anyone :)

Room Tip: Bring a small grill and go to Walmart. Make your own food bc the restaurants at the Dells will empt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is in one of the best locations in the Dells. Right across from Mt Olympus & right next to the ducks! It is very budget priced, yet has all the amenities of a "more expensive" hotel, including a very nice free hot breakfast, indoor pool & whirlpool, game room and in room fridge & microwaves. We were greeted with the surprise news that the manager had upgraded our room which was so awesome! I usually expect uncomfortable mattresses at this price, but the beds were very comfortable, room very clean, tasteful and quiet. As an extra bonus, they have one of the best management & staff teams I have experienced--down to earth, caring, friendly and eager to accommodate. There is a lot of hotel/motel competition in the Dells, but they earned my loyalty during our first visit. We will be back when school lets out to stay again, this time for 2 nights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Drewster53965, Owner at Skyline Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Sandra!! I can't tell you how much your comments are appreciated. I will pass this on to all the employees here. It really makes our day when someone takes the time and considers us enough to leave a review.
You are right about plenty of competition in this town. That's why we understand how important each and every guests experience is. By the way we think your kinda of great too!
Looking forward to your next visit,

Drew
Owner
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Skyline in March 2013. It was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I would not recommend anyone to stay there .When we check our bathroom we a wet towel hanging from the shower curtain and red jelly stuff on the shower bar. Went to the front desk a young lady had told us she was going to send someone to our room never showed up. That night we had no cable called front desk was going to have the maintenance guy come by. We waited & waited till we fell asleep no one ever showed up. The next day we went for breakfast which was served from 7:30-9:30am when we got there about 8:30am they had ran out of eggs, juice, cereal, etc. We asked staff if they were brining more items out the indicated yes but never did. That same I spoke with Michelle who indicated to be the owner: right away she was incredibly rude there seems to be many complaints about her (Micehlle) unwillingness to work with customers and the rudeness she displays. She walked with me to our room pulled the t.v out from the stand found out that the cable cord was not plug looked at me and said (the cable line is out) like if I had done it. Then she said “$79.99 you get what you pay for”. Asked her nicely I would like my refund for tonight because I not going to stay here after your rudeness don’t need to put up with it. She said “I will refund but I want you out by 11:00 am and never want to see you again.” After much back and forth with Michelle and her complete lack of respect for good customer service, we packed up our things and left. I would not recommend Skyline. Very unprofessional being that Michelle is the owner.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not Skyline
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Skyline Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!