“Perfect for families!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect for families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My family of 4 stayed at the hotel part (not the motel) and it was very nice! We have been to Mt. Olympus and loved it and found that the Skyline was a good comparison. The beds are very comfy and the pillows are nice and fluffy. The pool was a great place to wind down after a long day at the water parks and the parents are too tired to do anything else, lol, so the kids can still burn off some energy. The location was perfect along with free passes to the Mt. Olympus park directly across the street (although crossing the busy street was a challenge). The Ducks are right next door and driving downtown was super easy. I would totally stay here again and recommend it to anyone :)

Room Tip: Bring a small grill and go to Walmart. Make your own food bc the restaurants at the Dells will empt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is in one of the best locations in the Dells. Right across from Mt Olympus & right next to the ducks! It is very budget priced, yet has all the amenities of a "more expensive" hotel, including a very nice free hot breakfast, indoor pool & whirlpool, game room and in room fridge & microwaves. We were greeted with the surprise news that the manager had upgraded our room which was so awesome! I usually expect uncomfortable mattresses at this price, but the beds were very comfortable, room very clean, tasteful and quiet. As an extra bonus, they have one of the best management & staff teams I have experienced--down to earth, caring, friendly and eager to accommodate. There is a lot of hotel/motel competition in the Dells, but they earned my loyalty during our first visit. We will be back when school lets out to stay again, this time for 2 nights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Drewster53965, Owner at Skyline Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Sandra!! I can't tell you how much your comments are appreciated. I will pass this on to all the employees here. It really makes our day when someone takes the time and considers us enough to leave a review.
You are right about plenty of competition in this town. That's why we understand how important each and every guests experience is. By the way we think your kinda of great too!
Looking forward to your next visit,

Drew
Owner
Elgin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the Skyline in March 2013. It was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I would not recommend anyone to stay there .When we check our bathroom we a wet towel hanging from the shower curtain and red jelly stuff on the shower bar. Went to the front desk a young lady had told us she was going to send someone to our room never showed up. That night we had no cable called front desk was going to have the maintenance guy come by. We waited & waited till we fell asleep no one ever showed up. The next day we went for breakfast which was served from 7:30-9:30am when we got there about 8:30am they had ran out of eggs, juice, cereal, etc. We asked staff if they were brining more items out the indicated yes but never did. That same I spoke with Michelle who indicated to be the owner: right away she was incredibly rude there seems to be many complaints about her (Micehlle) unwillingness to work with customers and the rudeness she displays. She walked with me to our room pulled the t.v out from the stand found out that the cable cord was not plug looked at me and said (the cable line is out) like if I had done it. Then she said “$79.99 you get what you pay for”. Asked her nicely I would like my refund for tonight because I not going to stay here after your rudeness don’t need to put up with it. She said “I will refund but I want you out by 11:00 am and never want to see you again.” After much back and forth with Michelle and her complete lack of respect for good customer service, we packed up our things and left. I would not recommend Skyline. Very unprofessional being that Michelle is the owner.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not Skyline
saint anne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

the rooms were very clean and nicely kept it had two dresers two beds and a sofa sleeper. the sleeper was one of the most comfortable ive been on. everything was immaculate. the pool was so nice. it went from 3 feet to 5 feet deep. also had a zero depth pool with a cute slide a sauna and a hot tub my grandma loved the hot tub. the service was excellent only one lady(front dest with black hair and in mid 50s id say) i didnt particularly care for but it didnt damper our stay. i however didnt get to see the fitness center but will rate it as high as everything else because of how satisfied i was

Room Tip: i stayed on the main floor short walk to the pool and game room. the balcony rooms are across the a...
Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the Skyline in March. It was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I would not recommend anyone to stay there. I would also like to say that I am a VERY laid back individual. I am not one to ever make waves and it takes a LOT for me to get upset or to review a business poorly.

I booked my room on Expedia. It showed on the confirmation page that the reservation was for 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. Expedia charged me an extra $10 per night for my 5 year old daughter, which I understood. The room total was $249. I knew that once we got to the hotel there would, however, be fees and taxes added, which was fine and expected. However, a word of caution, they charge $6 per night for amenities (these so-called “amenities” will be discussed below), a state tax, a city tax and a county tax, which seemed a little excessive, but I kind of shrugged it off. But then they charged $40 more for our stay than what we reserved on Expedia. They came up with a million excuses, none of which made sense, stating it was the $10 extra person fee, which was untrue as I already had this in my reservation and plus, this would only total $30, not $40.

When I spoke to Drew regarding this situation, he was very professional and kind. He said he would get back to me after he looked into this further. The next morning I spoke with Michelle, another manager. I let her know I hadn’t heard back from Drew and wondered if they had figured anything out. Right away she was incredibly rude (which seems to be a running theme with this woman, if you look at other reviews of this hotel. Just Google “rude Skyline hotel Wisconsin” and you will find several complaints about Michelle and her unwillingness to work with customers and the rudeness she displays.). She asked me to use my valuable time with my children on vacation to call Expedia to figure this out, as I “booked with a third party”. I nicely let her know that her hotel contracts with a third party and that they give the rates to Expedia, so this is not my responsibility. I then asked if the hotel would really not honor the Expedia rate in order to keep their customers and she said “No, no I will not. I am not willing to do that.” After much back and forth with Michelle and her complete lack of respect for good customer service, we packed up our things and left. She ended up charging us $10 more for the room we stayed in than what was on the original receipt and she refused to refund us this money when we pointed it out. She then said “I don’t want you slandering our good name on the internet when you leave either.” We also let Michelle know that we were not leaving solely on the price and their unwillingness to honor their rate, for the most part, we were leaving because of how we were treated, however, she did not agree with our statement and said she believe it was only because of the price.

After we got to our new hotel, we found that Michelle had given us someone’s completed job application, which included: their name, their address, their phone number, their DOB, AND THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER! We kindly brought the application back to Michelle and instead of showing us kindness for returning this sensitive document; she snatched it from my husband’s hands and said a clipped and rude “Thank you”, and then walked away.

Now to discuss the amenities that we paid for as a separate fee…
We were excited to get down to the pool with our little ones, however, upon entering the pool discovered the water was much too cold to swim. We then decided to go into the hot tub to warm up; however, the hot tub was warm at best. It felt like running a warm bath at home, stepping away from it for half an hour and then coming back into it. So, still cold even after our time in the “hot” tub, we decided to warm up in the sauna…that didn’t work.

After the terrible interaction with Michelle and our decision to depart Skyline, we grabbed all of our bags and our small children, got into the elevator and….the elevator didn’t work. We had to walk all of our heavy bags and small children down the stairs.

So, there is my account of our stay at Skyline. I would like to make it clear that had my family and I been treated with kindness and respect, I would not have “slandered” this hotel in my review. Even with amenities that don’t work or price confusion, kindness and good customer service go a long way and had I have been shown such customer service, I most likely would have left the hotel with recommendations to stay there to my family and friends.

Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great value for the money but.. the main lady at the front desk was rude, disrespectful, and arrogant. I called the night before and booked my reservation for saturday. I orginally arrived at 10am to check in but room wasnt ready. We got a text saying the room was ready and arrived back at 2pm to check in to the hotel and to get room keys. As we approached the front desk, the lady said we werent welcome at her hotel. She accused me of being someone else making numerous reservations and cancelling them. Said my kids were in the game room braking their games; I sent my kids in there so they wouldn't continue to hear her rudeness, but they were being normal kids playing with the games and not being reckless one bit. She continued to make accusations against me, she then relized I wasn't the person who she thought I was. She gave an appology and gave us our room keys. At checkout she gave another appology to my kids also for hearing her rudeness and gave us 4 VIP tickets to an arcade center.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Horrible couldnt get any sleep you can hear everything upstairs ! Not only that but the bed sheets had stains ! Disgusting !!! and it says no smoking allowed whatsoever but the whole place smells like smoke !! Never again will i come back to this motel

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Skyline Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!