“Jacuzi room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Jacuzi room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed here for the Wisconsin Womens 600 bowling tournament. Enjoyed the jacuzi in the room. Best night sleep I have had in a long time. King size bed was just perfect. Continental breakfast featured waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fruit cocktail as well as coffee and juice. Only complaint was they had a small snowstorm a few days before. Parking lot was not completely plowed and the stairs to our room were not shoveled. Mentioned it to the woman at the front desk and she threw some icemelt on the steps. Front desk very helpful and very nice. Would stay here again if in the Dells for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Get the king room and jacuzzi!!! Only $84 including tax!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bartlett, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Located directly across from the outdoor portion of the Mt. Olympus theme park and a bit of a walk down the street to the water park portion. Hotel offers either discounts for Mt. Olympus in the offseason or free entry during peak times. There was no breakfast anymore, but given the extremely low occupancy rate, I'm not surprised it's not offered in the off season.

The sofa bed did have some cigarette burns, but the carpeting in both our rooms was brand new and it was obvious they were re-carpetting the whole building. You could also see they were repainting a lot of the rooms as well. It looks like they are using the off season to freshen the place up a bit.

Will definitely be back when I'm trying to save some money vs. the big resorts, but will probably alternate between here and those.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I really enjoyed our room so much, I almost didn't want to leave the room. Breakfast was really appreciated with 2 kids. Close to everything and so friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We checked in a little before 3 p.m. We figured considering they knew we would be arriving on that day, they would at least have the air on in the room. The room was stale, musty & very warm. Had to turn on A/C and leave for awhile because it was so warm in our room. The staleness & musty smells did go away after having A/C on for awhile. We did have Mt. Olympus tickets included in our price but it was so cold & rainy the weekend we arrived that the waterpark got no use at all & the rides, go karts got minimal use (not the motels fault), just dissappointing. The room was good size & clean. Fridge & Microwave were clean but fridge didn't get very cold at all. barely kept items slightly above room temp. Bathroom was very clean also. Staff was helpful & courteous. We had no complaints except it was pricey for what you get. But I guess thats what you have to pay to be in the heart of where all the action is in the Dells. No breakfast of any sort was offered. Although it wasn't promised, it would have been a nice addition to a pricey 2 night stay. basically $ 179 per night including the "FREE" Mt. Olympus wristbands good for each day of your stay including the day you check out.

Room Tip: I would probably pay the little extra per night and stay at a full service resort instead next time.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Green Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The reason my husband and I chose this hotel was because of the free Mt. Olympus passes and the fact that it was right across the street. On their website the say something like 'we're so close you can walk and save $5-$10 on parking. First of all, there was a HUGE sign in the Mt. Olympus parking lot stating FREE PARKING. Second, that is such a busy road, with fast moving traffic. It took us a LONG time before we were able to cross. There really needs to be a skywalk or at the very least a crosswalk. There are 2 lanes going each direction and no island in the middle to only do half at a time. It was not fun!
We stayed in the 'king jacuzzi' room in the motel part. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room. The jacuzzi on the hand, left a lot to be desired. It was basically the size of a bathtub with jets. In that particular room it was a stand up shower with AMAZING water pressure. The room did have a little bit of an odor when we first got there but once we turned the air conditioner up more, it seemed to go away.
The lady at the front desk when we checked in wasn't overly friendly but she wasn't unfriendly either. The woman that was at the desk every other time during our stay was very friendly and pleasant.
With Mt. Olympus right across the street, you do hear a lot of screaming. On the night we stayed they had the 'night at the theme park' thing so the screaming went until 1am. From inside our room it wasn't too noticeable and not at all bothersome. It was actually quite quiet. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. At 8am there was a guy out in the parking lot with a leaf blower. Not my idea of a wake up call but then again, I am NOT a morning person. Check out at 10:30 seems a bit early.
Would have liked to see reserved parking spots for the rooms. We ended up having to park way in the back and carrying all our stuff across the parking lot.
We didn't use the either of the pools or hot tubs so I can't comment on those.
The total we paid for a Saturday night was about $170-$180. Even with the Mt. Olympus passes, I don't feel that this hotel was worth the price.

Room Tip: If you're staying here because it's location to Mt. Olympus, DON'T. So hard to cross tha...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The room was very musty smelling and very damp and I mentioned this to them. The TV didn't work and we had to request someone to come to the room to work on it. We opened the covers to one of the beds and there was a worm crawling on the inside of the covers. I called for someone to come to the room and they did change the sheets--laid the clean sheets on the wormy bedding and laid the clean comfortors on the floor and walked on them. The pillows never got changed. The electrical outlets on the walls wouldn't hold a plug--the plug would constantly fall out of the wall when I tried to use my curling iron. We found sunflower seeds on the floor indicating the floors had not been properly cleaned from the prior tenant. The next morning I requested a discount on my bill and they wouldn't give me one. There was no breakfast provided.

I would not recommend this hotel due to the unclean conditions.

D. Heartsill, Davenport, IA

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The Only reason I am giving this one star is for the nice staff. However, the hotel smells like roach spray, the second floor ice machine does not work. There are cigar holes and stains on the room furniture.....Let's just say stains all over the room. I was totally disgusted then I looked down and saw a dead roach in out room!!!! YIKES. Then I knew why I kept smelling the roach spray. We also notice that the garbage in the back of the building was piled so high that the two huge dumpsters could not close. This place should be shut down!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Skyline Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!