“Young Family plus Grandpa plus Sister & her family = Great Vacation at Meadowbrook” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meadowbrook Resort

Save Saved
You added Meadowbrook Resort to your Saves list
Meadowbrook Resort
1533 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We went to the Dells this year again and of course the only choice was Meadowbrook. This time we took my dad, my sister & her husband and her two grown children along with my husband and 3 small kids. While my grown neice and nephew wanted a little more excitement my kids loved the water play area and I loved that it was small enough that I could enjoy myself too. We enjoyed the campfires and walking through the grounds. It was peaceful and relazing after a day of sight seeing and running around. The rooms were clean (we stayed in their main lodge) and housekeeping did a good job of keeping it up throughout our stay. We had a great time and I'm looking forward to going again next year. My sister doesn't even want to wait that long!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bellevue
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

My husband and I just experienced the "rustic relaxation" package at the Meadowbrook Resort through dellspackages.com. It boasted a room with a whirlpool, a couples massage, box of chocolates, Martinelli's sparkler, souvenir campfire mug, souvenir scented candle, souvenir picture frame, movie theater passes to a movie of your choice, and several coupons for various restaurants. We were given an envelope with the gift certificate for the massage, several coupons, and the photo frame (actually a fridge magnet) upon our arrival. We did not receive the rest of the items, so I assumed they were waiting for us in our room. They were not--we never would have gotten them had I not asked and even then, the desk clerk was not aware of what was included in the package. The souvenir scented candle was actually a dollar candle from Wal-Mart (which had already been lit) and the box of chocolates was actually a small box of Whitman's chocolates (2 pieces). We had to leave the "resort" for our massage, dinner, and anything else we wanted to do. The movie theater passes included all of four options. The Meadowbrook's idea of a rustic relaxation getaway was not the same as mine. I felt their description was very misleading. It may have been better for a family with young children or a family reunion, but we were not impressed, even with the tree in our room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Villa Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

myself, my husband, and two children (age 8 and 15) stayed at Meadowbrook resort on June 20 thru the 24th and had a wonderful time. We stayed in a depluxe pine cone cabin (we did not have neighbors until the last day). I read all the reviews before leaving and was very intimatied, I almost cancelled but, upon arrival I knew we'd be okay. I purchased a utlimate water package deal and was given all my tickets upon arrival. I added other events and had no problems getting arrangements. The cabin was wonderful with plenty of space, we did see a few ants but it IS A CABIN in the woods. The living room could be a little bigger but we weren't there to watch t.v. . After a long day at water parks we loved returning to the peace. My daughter enjoyed the late hours of the pool while I did laundry (still being able to watch her). My son loved the privacy and stayed out passed midnight most nights just looking around no one ever said a word to him. We particapited in the smores and movie which was very nice. The staff was wonderful and security was great even letting us stay in the pool an extra 30 minutes. Housecleaning did an excellent job and our personal items were never touched. Yes, if you want all the ammenties of home bring them with you. But, that is the point your paying for privacy and peace not packed rooms, hallways, pools, and worry of everything around you. If you like resorts hooked on full fun packed adventures this is not for you. If you want peace and enjoy quiet time, need to save money this place is wonderful. We cooked each day (money saver) and grilled after 11:00 one night and no one ever said a word. Meadowbrook is the not kind of the place where your find all the ammendities of home or exclusive hotels. But, for my family we will be returning. We enjoyed the pools, access to laundry, peace, quiet, and efficiency of everything there. And, my husband and son even walked to the strip one night (it was a walk but it was beautiful night and they enjoyed the time alone). The pools are set up for little ones but my 15 year old makes the best of anything and said he would love to return. Thank you meadowbrook for helping our vacation be one of our best. I hope all that read this find it helpful and aren't afraid to take the risk. Just pack like your camping and enjoy the fact that it's peaceful family time. Thank you

• Stayed June 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I actually thought about canceling after reading the reviews, but I'm glad I didn't because we had a very nice stay with our four and two year old boys. The room was clean, towels supplied, maid service good. The indoor water park was quaint and kitschy but served our little ones fine. There are two outdoor pools--one six inches deep--not too much to do there, the other 4 to 6 feet. We stayed in the main building. Two lamps were non-functioning in our room--seems like they just leave them there rather than remove or replace them! But the staff was nice and friendly and we had a nice time. Oh, by the way, I had called and talked to the owner by phone before our stay--maybe in his 80s?-- and he had nothing good to say about Internet review sites, in fact a LOT of bad things to say about them. But I recommended he solicit the help of his son to print up the reviews that are out there--at least they'd provide some feedback if they're trying to improve their place. By the way, weekday stays are MUCH cheaper. I think I'd have been less satisfied if we'd paid the weekend rates, which can be double the weekday rates.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

i was planing a HUGE family and friend reunion. we had kids to come first. i needed a place where its safe and room to run with them. and i picked "meadowbrook resort!!!". i was planning it year and looking all over the dells and kept going back to meadowbrook. everyone helped me all my silly questions,my trials and errors. i contracted out the ponderosa. we had alot of room to be in different places. both decks and out in front. then sat i rented the pow wow room and all had a great time. i got told over and over "you picked a great place!!!. all had fun and loved the resort............now im planning to head back this fall................"I LOVE MEADOWBROOK RESORT" i kept hearing thru the weekend of the reunion.

• Stayed June 2010
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I figured it would be a no frills experience being that they don't even have phones in the rooms, but I wasn't prepared for the utter lack of caring about the customer. After complaining the owner Scott didn't even feel the need to get involved I guess. The package I purchased like the other reviewers wasn't as described on the website and the front desk didn't really care that it was mis-represented, even after I gave the name of the person who confirmed the same info on the phone booking. The guest services directory even in the room either had half the info missing or missing or expired coupons(from 08?). The TV in the room kept switching from color to B&W. The cleaners kept jamming the plug down into the sink and the plunger couldn't bring it back up so we had a sink full of water with toothpaste every day. Expected the shower to stink and it did. Didn't get any replacement plastic cups until the last day. Less than half of the games work in the video game room and most just keep your money. The fitness center isn't even a walkin closet, total joke just to be able to list one. Front desk or any employee wouldn't do anything probably because they couldn't. The phantom owner Scott would have to be involved as nobody else has any authority to take care of a customer at all. The paper thin walls ensured that we didn't get ANY sleep while there with all the hallway running, door slamming, water running etc. It's one thing to be no frills, but another to mis-represent, and still another to not give a crap when told is sub-par. Wouldn't spend another minute here, let alone another night. Three was enough for a lifetime.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Meadowbrook is adorable for babies and kids up to 4 yrs. However, it lacks the basic ammenities that I guess we take for granted, such as: in room Internet access, in room coffee (though a full kitchen is provided in the bunker room, they do not provide coffee "pouches" or filters) no ice machine or in room telephones (which is especially important because there is very litte to NO cell reception in this area.) The staff was friendly (she gave me a coffee filter! :) The decor simply adorable( in rooms and out) the rooms seemed clean, though the beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. Our balcony overlooked the outdoor pool (which was closed during our off season visit) but an adorable "covered" bridge was visable, though the area was a bit busy with traffic. Cute place for young kids, but if the adults would like satisfaction, I would recommend lodging elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Meadowbrook Resort? Share your experiences!