“Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meadowbrook Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Meadowbrook Resort
1533 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #42 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, IL
“Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Clean rooms, friendly staff, charmingly deocrated, relaxing lodge, that is close to the main strip but just far enough away that there isn't alot traffic whizzing by. This was our first stay at Meadowbrook Resort but definately won't be our last. We have stayed several times at the big indoor water parks and would hands down choose this resort over them. We traveled with 18 month old twins, a 4 year old, my husband & I and my parents (who are in their 70s) and we all LOVED it. There was an outdoor play area for the kids in addition to a small indoor one for toddlers. The indoor pool was perfect for younger kids. All three enojyed it. It was just deep enough for them yet shallow enough that my husband and I could actually enjoy playing in it with them instead of worrying the entire time. There was a campfire outside and we had a great time roasting hot dogs and making s'mores. The rooms had beautiful views with so many trees. The beds were comfy and clean. Our room was spotless everyday after housekeeping came. There was alot of room to spread out (and if any of you have babies you know how much equipment they need - pack-n-plays, strollers, booster seats, etc). The staff was very friendly and helpful. I called at least 4 times when making reservations as we had more questions. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and patient every time. The front desk closes at 10 pm for the night but there is a security guard onsite. I appreciated that it was quiet it was at night..who wants to hear people coming and going at all hours of the night. We had a wonderful time and I would definately recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

We have been staying at Meadowbrook for many years and always come back. The small, family-oriented atmosphere is perfect for our family and just about anyone. The grounds are ideal for outdoors-loving folks with nightly campfires. The quiet, picturesque, environment is perfect to relax in after a frenetic day in the Dells. The room we stayed in was clean, comfortable and had a great view of the pool and grounds. The management was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and where to eat, anything we needed they helped us with. The family owned and run atmosphere is what sets this apart from the "corporate" giants that are becoming common in the Dells.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Prophetstown, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and I took our 2 kids, 17 and 8 to Meadowbrook Resort in Wis. Dells for a family vacation. We rented a Pinecone cabin and were told it was a private cabin and it would be kind of secluded for privacy. WRONG! It was a duplex style cabin and all of the cabins are grouped together like a trailor park. I was upset as soon a we pulled up and I saw all of the cabins bunched together. Our cabin was musty and damp. The bedrooms are in the basement of the cabin and the plumbing was so loud, it was nothing we've ever experienced. The bathroom was upstairs along with the kitchen and dining area and from downstairs you could hear water running down the drain, the toilet flushing sounded like someone was showering and the shower was like a waterfall was in your room. Luckily we didn't have a "neighbor" in our cabin until the last night but we heard every word they said, every footstep up and down their stairs inside, every time they flushed their toilet. There was no sound barrior what so ever. I can't imagine if we'd had a neighbor with a baby or small children, we would have been driven nuts! Of all of this I need to point out that the beds were THE ABSOLUTE WORST. They were rock hard, lumpy, squeeky and the bedding provided was probably 25 years old. The blankets on the children's beds were so snaggy and fuzzy they looked like something I would have in our dogs crates. Another point I'd like to include was that we bought a package deal with all outdoor events and I was assured that if the weather during our stay was rainy and we would not be able to use the tickets that they would exchange them for other indoor activities without a problem or charge. Well this happened our last 2 days it rained. We tried to exchange our boat tour tickets and the tommy bartlett show tickets but were told that the Tommy Bartlett show runs in the rain and has a covering over the seats and the boat tour has inside seats to we should just go use them. Real nice boat tour in the rain...it was a nice view of all of the rock sites and such in the gloomy inside of the boat. Luckily we did go to the Tommy Bartlet show and it had stopped raining and it was very nice. Thank goodness we did Noah's Ark on the very first day or we would have been out of luck with the way the front desk at Meadowbrook cares about the enjoyment of their guests.
AVOID THE CABINS AT MEADOWBROOK, maybe the rooms inside the lodge are better?

Fond du lac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

GPS could not find correct street, but some good semaritan gave me directions.Thanks to this person. Young person.

• Stayed July 2009
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

After arriving at the resort, I did like how the lobby looked. It had the log cabin type theme. My family and I stayed in the aspen number 6. We were very, very disappointed by the room. Granite, it did have three bedrooms and two full baths yet, the living room is a joke. There was a pull out couch that took up all the room in there. Try and fit 8 people in a space no larger than your bathroom to watch TV. There is only one remote per room and when there is 3 tvs, it just does not work. Not to mention the remotes don't work. I had to go up to the front desk over and over to replace the remote. That wouldn't be bad, but it is when it is raining and your room is on the other side of the property not in the main building. They don't have phones in the rooms and your cell phone don't get any service there. So calling is out of the question. The kitchen up stairs was ok. very small for 8 people to eat and only six chairs to sit in at the table. Was very upset that we couldn't eat all together like a family. We spent well over $2000.00 for the room and the packages to be very unconfortable. We went to the tommy bartlett show and that was great. That is one place that you need to go. The night show was out of this world. Through the resort we payed $125.75 for tickets for everyone. The problem with that was that we found out that we could of had tickets buying them at the show for as little as $20.00 a person. We would of saved $25.75. That might not be much but it just shows that this resort digs for money. When I brought that up to the general manager, scott, he just looked at me like so. I thought that was very rude and someone needs to show him how to run a business. Scamming people for there pleasure is wrong. I also learned when we went on the lost canyon tour we payed roughly $12.00 a person. Again not bad pricing but when we got there original tickets were only $8.00 a person. When this resort mentions discounted tickets it is wrong.
Another thing, I called one day to get a quote before I made my reservation just on the room. they told me for that weekend it would only cost $239 a night. I called to make that reservation 2 days later and they upped the price to $339 a night because there were only a few rooms available. I thought wow. I should have known that it was a mistake from the begining and that it was a sign.
We spent a lot of money on a resort that is a FRAUD.
For the campfires, we had to start it ourselves and use our own lighter fluid to enjoy it. Spending that much money on a room, you would think they would have someone start it.
I guess all in all, this resort os over priced and please make sure to call all the attractions you are interested in to get pricing before booking a package with this resort. You could then see how much difference it is between what the attractions really cost and what this resort is costing you.

By the way the fitness center is a major joke and when they mention swimming pools, there is one for adults that is filthy. The other two are for real little children. They do have WIFI in the lobby only.

Chicago Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I have to say that I was very weary on staying here after reading the reviews. We stayed in a room and a cabin. In some of the reviews people complained that they say a bug in the room...ummm its a cabin in the woods, so yes a bug may get in. Not a big deal. The room was alittle more rustic than the cabin. Which is fine. The people who work there were all very very nice and polite. I really dont understand why people had problems but I will go back there in a heartbeat. It was off the beaten path but not far from town at all, maybe a mile. The pools were perfect for our 4 year old. We didnt want a big Waterpark because of his age. It was quiet and not all the hoopla that the big hotels had which we liked. Overall we all loved it!!!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

We had a group of 80 people ages 2 years to 88 years young and we all were comfortable and had pleanty to do and accessible to staff and management. The weather helped with the choices and our group loved the uniquesness of the lodge. Would do it again. Thanks Scott and Meadowbrook Team.
Only recommendation I would have is sensitivity/diversity training for the security on site.

Rachel (Hertel) Ratz

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Meadowbrook Resort? Share your experiences!