“I thought it was going to be better” 1 of 5 stars

You added Meadowbrook Resort to your Saves list
Meadowbrook Resort
1533 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #37 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“I thought it was going to be better”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

To start off no wifi in the rooms only in the lobby maids dont come into your room. There was no reception they couldnt even come outside to use some lighter fluid on the fire. No marshmellow sticks to cook with. There are definitely better hotels

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sun Prairi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Rooms was moderately clean. There was a coffee pot but you had to buy the coffee from the gift shop and ask for filters. No phone in room . Young children ran the halls while their parents drank, slammed doors and sounded like a herd of horses. Who do you complain to with no phone and the lobby closes early, opens late and is unattended a great deal of the time. Kids are left alone and where do parents go? This is not my idea of the way I would raise my kids. We will not return to this facility!!! From the outside it looks great but don't plan to sleep.

Room Tip: DO NOT get a room a 1st foor if you plan to sleep . Car headlight shining in your room at all hours...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed for a After Xmas break with my son 18 and two Grandkids 7-9. The pool at the hotel was no deeper than 3 ft. Very cute pool area, no hot tub. Nice gameroom and lobby. they show movies in the lobby with popcorn. the rooms were very clean but not enough places to sit just a sleeper sofa and a kitchen table. Sleeper sofa typically uncomfortable. Older TV's in each room.. No phone but a phone book would have been nice but,eally doesn't matter, cells don't work in room no WI-FI in rooms.( But come on it's a getaway those things should be left at home.lol). They do give a waterpark pass to three places. Rio whats you to buy towels so bring your own! The leaving to go to the waterparks in winter sort of sucks. But hey,It is WI. We also got from the hotel coupons to various other to do things but don't get caught up in those traps, very pricey! Especially the "Paint it Shop" get ALL the prices up front. Coupons not what they seem. Room a little noisy could hear all rooms around, but sort of expected in a family place. All in all to get away with babies or very small kids and no outside connections very nice and clean. Summer looks like they have fun things going on at hotel. But of the places I have stayed in the Dells of the smaller stays very nice and clean.

Room Tip: A good room if you need WI-FI would be close to the lobby. Really no WI-FI in rooms, have to sit in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our fourth year coming to Meadowbrook and again we loved it. We have a young family (7 year old and 4 year old twins). It is perfect for us. I've read some of the other reviews and yes the linens are not Hilton quality but come on, this is the Dells...a family place. The decor is adorable, rooms are clean and kept up, pools and kiddie play area was perfect for us, movie nights with popcorn, campfire each night, all set in the beautiful wooded area. We met some of the nicest families from Canada to Nebraska. It was wonderful...we stayed nearly a week. Went to see the sites during the day and had a wonderful, peaceful place to come back to at night. My sister was so upset she didn't go with us this year, she has already asked what week we're going next year because as she says "that's my favorite place to go on vacation". If you're looking for nightlife, partying, loud music and wild guests, this is not for you. If you like a family place, we highly recommend Meadowbrook.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main lodge because our kids are young. When they're a little older we plan to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rockford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After talking to a few hotels I selected Meadowbrook because of the separate cabins and what appeared to be decent price. After speaking to 2 people who both listed the same price for the cabin I had selected I received a phone call to tell me that they were incorrect and the room was actually more. Since it was a last minute trip and we were to leave, I agreed, but was not satisfied. If I had looked back farther on tripadvisor I would have seen that this is a common complaint regarding this hotel so I just want to warn others. I was originally told $129 per night and ended up spending $172 per night including taxes (way more than I had planned on spending). There is a sign in each room that lists the "maximum price," so it is apparant that they up the price whenever possible. Also, be aware that you MUST pay your entire bill upon check-in, not check-out as in almost every hotel in the US and if you have a problem or complaint there will be nobody to help you if you arrive after 5pm as we did. We had to wait until the next day to speak to a "supervisor" whose response was that, "many people get quotes from multiple hotels and forget which one they talked to. They put things on tripadvisor even if they are not true. You can put whatever you want on there." She was not concerned with customer satisfaction as I had already paid my bill. After a phone call from the "supervisor" to the general manager, I was given 2 passes to an attraction (Pirates Cove), which was nice, but did not make up for my disappointment in the resort or the amount of money I had given them. On another note, the television did not function in our room upon arrival and the woman working that night moved us next door and I was happy with their correction of that situation. The resort is near downtown shopping but I would not reccommend walking. I was hoping to stay on the lake or river, which Meadowbrook is not. They need to update their website with prices and reservation capabilities to avoid this problem in the future. I would not give them my money again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Powerview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Loved everything about this place. It was tucked away in the woods. The staff were friendly and after a day of waterparks, it felt comforting to come back to this resort. The package deal we got with this resort was fantastic! It felt like I was at a cabin with all the conveniences of home. It was also close to all of the attractions! I didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Ponderosa which was roomy and had a full kitchen with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Allison, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here with our 3 year old daughter. We did the tikes and tots package and upon check-in they had all of our tickets/coupons ready to go along with directions to everything in the package, which was great. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. and our room was ready even though check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. We had the bunkhouse room with the small "cabin" in it which our daughter LOVED. They room was very clean and spacious and had a balcony looking out over the pool areas. The pool areas were perfect for smaller children. It was great not having to keep track of a small child in a packed water park! The campfires and smores were a nice little touch and I noticed several people taking addvantage of the nightly movies in the lobby. I thought the location was very nice as well. The grounds were well kept and it was nice not being on a busy road but yet close to everything. We would definetly stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Meadowbrook Resort? Share your experiences!