“Beware...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Meadowbrook Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Meadowbrook Resort
1533 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #42 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Rockford
“Beware...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

After talking to a few hotels I selected Meadowbrook because of the separate cabins and what appeared to be decent price. After speaking to 2 people who both listed the same price for the cabin I had selected I received a phone call to tell me that they were incorrect and the room was actually more. Since it was a last minute trip and we were to leave, I agreed, but was not satisfied. If I had looked back farther on tripadvisor I would have seen that this is a common complaint regarding this hotel so I just want to warn others. I was originally told $129 per night and ended up spending $172 per night including taxes (way more than I had planned on spending). There is a sign in each room that lists the "maximum price," so it is apparant that they up the price whenever possible. Also, be aware that you MUST pay your entire bill upon check-in, not check-out as in almost every hotel in the US and if you have a problem or complaint there will be nobody to help you if you arrive after 5pm as we did. We had to wait until the next day to speak to a "supervisor" whose response was that, "many people get quotes from multiple hotels and forget which one they talked to. They put things on tripadvisor even if they are not true. You can put whatever you want on there." She was not concerned with customer satisfaction as I had already paid my bill. After a phone call from the "supervisor" to the general manager, I was given 2 passes to an attraction (Pirates Cove), which was nice, but did not make up for my disappointment in the resort or the amount of money I had given them. On another note, the television did not function in our room upon arrival and the woman working that night moved us next door and I was happy with their correction of that situation. The resort is near downtown shopping but I would not reccommend walking. I was hoping to stay on the lake or river, which Meadowbrook is not. They need to update their website with prices and reservation capabilities to avoid this problem in the future. I would not give them my money again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Powerview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Loved everything about this place. It was tucked away in the woods. The staff were friendly and after a day of waterparks, it felt comforting to come back to this resort. The package deal we got with this resort was fantastic! It felt like I was at a cabin with all the conveniences of home. It was also close to all of the attractions! I didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Ponderosa which was roomy and had a full kitchen with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Allison, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here with our 3 year old daughter. We did the tikes and tots package and upon check-in they had all of our tickets/coupons ready to go along with directions to everything in the package, which was great. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. and our room was ready even though check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. We had the bunkhouse room with the small "cabin" in it which our daughter LOVED. They room was very clean and spacious and had a balcony looking out over the pool areas. The pool areas were perfect for smaller children. It was great not having to keep track of a small child in a packed water park! The campfires and smores were a nice little touch and I noticed several people taking addvantage of the nightly movies in the lobby. I thought the location was very nice as well. The grounds were well kept and it was nice not being on a busy road but yet close to everything. We would definetly stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
South Holland, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Where do I begin, when I made my reservation over the phone I was quoted a price which included tax and told I would need a deposit, not a problem, I paid the deposit and was told the remaining balance would be. When I got there the remaining balance was $200 dollars more than I was told, I paid it after a 4 hour drive. Upon entering my extremely tiny 2 bedroom cabin with an additional room with a sleeper sofa, I noticed only 1 tv,no iron,and alot of flies everywhere, there was only the one air conditioner which is located in the kitchen and that is suppose to cool off the whole cabin if you leave your doors open when dont shut and lock...horrible, horrible it should be shut down and closed for updates.

Room Tip: stay at the tamarck more amenties and no flies and I almost forgot the windows thru-out the cabin ar...
West Bend, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is our second year coming to Meadowbrook. We chose it because the facility (one indoor pool for kids, one outdoor for kids and one adult outdoor) is great for our young kids (5 and 3 this year). However, the desk staff this year has been rude and cranky from the get go. They don't seem to like their job or helping customers. One just told our children to settle down. They were simply playing in the kids' area in the lobby, no louder than any other kid in the resort. I'll think again before returning.

Lancaster, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Please don't even look at any of the bad and terrible reviews on Meadowbrook Resort. It truely is one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed at!! I have to admit, I did read some of the negative reviews after I had made reservations and was a bit worried. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I immediately saw that there was NOTHING negative about this place! Absolutely gorgeous!! The front desk and the housekeeping staff were sooooo nice and friendly! The pools were adorable and I (being 29) even enjoyed the kiddie areas! They have two "kiddie pools" (one indoors and one out) plus a larger pool that goes up to 4'6". Even the older teens and adults that were staying there were having a blast in all three!! The rooms were so clean!!! We were in one of the Lumberjack rooms and we even had our own private balcony! The decor was so neat!!!... all log furniture and things. The kitchenette was more than enough (no need for the full kitchen for us)... it included everything a person would need... right down to the dish soap, pots, dishes, silverware, and even pot holders! The nightly fires and the movies were so much fun! I had read a review that they did not have towels for the pool area... that is not the case... they had tons available in the pool area for guests to use. We wish we did not have to leave! If you love a clean, fun, wooded atmosphere, this place is for you... if you are looking for a room fit for a King and Queen, then you won't like it (because it's all the log cabin decor... which we LOVE!). We will surely be back and we highly recommend this place to anyone of all ages!!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, make sure you bring ear plugs, since many kids seem to stay there and th...
Oconto, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a different review. I did not stay at the resort, and I'll tell you why. I was super excited to book a room after having visited the website. I called them and got put on hold for 5 minutes and then you could hear someone pick up and hang up on me. Okay, I call back and the woman gets on the line and makes no apologies for the previous inconvenience. She then asks my name and for my phone number before I even begin speaking. I give her my name and withhold my phone number. They don't need my phone # to give me a quote on rooms. When I ask her why she needs the phone number, she rudely begins talking over me and acting annoyed. I decide then and there if making a reservation is this unpleasant I am not giving them a dime of my money. I politely told the women I am no longer intersted and ended the phone call. Reservations/front desk could use a lesson in manners and customer service. Sad for them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Meadowbrook Resort? Share your experiences!