“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Powerview
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Loved everything about this place. It was tucked away in the woods. The staff were friendly and after a day of waterparks, it felt comforting to come back to this resort. The package deal we got with this resort was fantastic! It felt like I was at a cabin with all the conveniences of home. It was also close to all of the attractions! I didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Ponderosa which was roomy and had a full kitchen with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Allison, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here with our 3 year old daughter. We did the tikes and tots package and upon check-in they had all of our tickets/coupons ready to go along with directions to everything in the package, which was great. We arrived at 12:30 p.m. and our room was ready even though check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. We had the bunkhouse room with the small "cabin" in it which our daughter LOVED. They room was very clean and spacious and had a balcony looking out over the pool areas. The pool areas were perfect for smaller children. It was great not having to keep track of a small child in a packed water park! The campfires and smores were a nice little touch and I noticed several people taking addvantage of the nightly movies in the lobby. I thought the location was very nice as well. The grounds were well kept and it was nice not being on a busy road but yet close to everything. We would definetly stay again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
South Holland, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Where do I begin, when I made my reservation over the phone I was quoted a price which included tax and told I would need a deposit, not a problem, I paid the deposit and was told the remaining balance would be. When I got there the remaining balance was $200 dollars more than I was told, I paid it after a 4 hour drive. Upon entering my extremely tiny 2 bedroom cabin with an additional room with a sleeper sofa, I noticed only 1 tv,no iron,and alot of flies everywhere, there was only the one air conditioner which is located in the kitchen and that is suppose to cool off the whole cabin if you leave your doors open when dont shut and lock...horrible, horrible it should be shut down and closed for updates.

Room Tip: stay at the tamarck more amenties and no flies and I almost forgot the windows thru-out the cabin ar...
West Bend, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is our second year coming to Meadowbrook. We chose it because the facility (one indoor pool for kids, one outdoor for kids and one adult outdoor) is great for our young kids (5 and 3 this year). However, the desk staff this year has been rude and cranky from the get go. They don't seem to like their job or helping customers. One just told our children to settle down. They were simply playing in the kids' area in the lobby, no louder than any other kid in the resort. I'll think again before returning.

Lancaster, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Please don't even look at any of the bad and terrible reviews on Meadowbrook Resort. It truely is one of the most wonderful places I have ever stayed at!! I have to admit, I did read some of the negative reviews after I had made reservations and was a bit worried. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, I immediately saw that there was NOTHING negative about this place! Absolutely gorgeous!! The front desk and the housekeeping staff were sooooo nice and friendly! The pools were adorable and I (being 29) even enjoyed the kiddie areas! They have two "kiddie pools" (one indoors and one out) plus a larger pool that goes up to 4'6". Even the older teens and adults that were staying there were having a blast in all three!! The rooms were so clean!!! We were in one of the Lumberjack rooms and we even had our own private balcony! The decor was so neat!!!... all log furniture and things. The kitchenette was more than enough (no need for the full kitchen for us)... it included everything a person would need... right down to the dish soap, pots, dishes, silverware, and even pot holders! The nightly fires and the movies were so much fun! I had read a review that they did not have towels for the pool area... that is not the case... they had tons available in the pool area for guests to use. We wish we did not have to leave! If you love a clean, fun, wooded atmosphere, this place is for you... if you are looking for a room fit for a King and Queen, then you won't like it (because it's all the log cabin decor... which we LOVE!). We will surely be back and we highly recommend this place to anyone of all ages!!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, make sure you bring ear plugs, since many kids seem to stay there and th...
Oconto, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a different review. I did not stay at the resort, and I'll tell you why. I was super excited to book a room after having visited the website. I called them and got put on hold for 5 minutes and then you could hear someone pick up and hang up on me. Okay, I call back and the woman gets on the line and makes no apologies for the previous inconvenience. She then asks my name and for my phone number before I even begin speaking. I give her my name and withhold my phone number. They don't need my phone # to give me a quote on rooms. When I ask her why she needs the phone number, she rudely begins talking over me and acting annoyed. I decide then and there if making a reservation is this unpleasant I am not giving them a dime of my money. I politely told the women I am no longer intersted and ended the phone call. Reservations/front desk could use a lesson in manners and customer service. Sad for them.

New Berlin, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place could not have been more perfect for our group. We had seven families meeting for a reunion. (All of us adopted children through the same agency.) The location was small enough that there was no "searching" for our group.

The children (ages 1- 6) LOVED the pools. The indoor kids pool, the outdoor toddler pool and outdoor standard pool were all used by our group. We also made use of the grills and outdoor picnic areas. The bonfire was set up so that it worked well for a big group and was safe for the supervised kids. There was a kids movie in the lobby and they gave out popcorn. The moms had room to chat in the lobby and the husbands found their way to a local pub that was within distance to safely walk back.

Meadowbrook is just outside of the dells. It was a country setting, but within 5 minutes of the action. We had one family in our group stay in the cabins. They raved about it. The rest of us stayed in "bunkhouse" rooms in the main lodge. They had two twin beds tucked in a pretend cabin for the kids, which was awesome. We used the hot plates, refrigerator and pots and pans, etc. There was free coffee in the lobby and a small store for other needs. *No restaurant - but there are tons of options within a 5 min drive.

We didn't use the sport area, but there was a nice volleyball net, horse shoes, etc.

Even if you had older kids, I see this place as a great value. You could always day trip it over to Noah's Arc, etc.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Meadowbrook Resort? Share your experiences!