“Was a joy to stay here!” 4 of 5 stars

Meadowbrook Resort
1533 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #35 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Fulton, MO
“Was a joy to stay here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I recently stayed at Meadowbrooke Resort and enjoyed my stay. The resort is quiet and very family orientated! They have a wonderful indoor pool with slides and waterfountains for smaller childeren. I bought one of their dell package deals and was happy with my purchase. There is a lot to see and do in the Dells that can get VERY expensive and the wet and wild package helped to off set that. I loved the room my family stayed. It had a cute cabin decor and was very roomy for a family 4!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Omaha
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Very unhappy with the professionalism of the staff and the quality of the property. Rooms were outdated, linens were disgusting and rough, and the room itself seemed very dingy. We chose not to stay there but ended up paying for the entire stay because the money hungry management refused to refund ANY of our money. Not the way to spend a honeymoon, or any other trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
wisconsin dells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My daughter and I spent one night here and we will be back. The room was very clean. The grounds were pretty. It was pretty empty midweek. If we needed anything the staff was very helpful. The pool was perfect for my 5 year old. They show movies at 7. Because no other kids were there they did not have it playing, however when they saw us come down the asked us if we wanted the nightly movie. We also made s'mores at the campfire. For the people who complained about the lack of entertainment...do your homework. This may not be exciting for teenagers, but I know some teenagers who have been here and enjoyed themselves. We will be back in the fall to see the grounds when the leaves are changing colors.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was given a gift certificate for this place as part of a "room trade" with the hotel I work for. I called to reserve the room and was told no one could help me other than the manager, who was never there. Once I was able to speak with her, she told me because of the time I wanted to stay, there was a $50 upgrade charge. Ok, fair enough. We then had to cancel the reservation because of prior engagements. When I called to cancel, I was told I would be refunded my $50. After speaking with the manager, I was refunded $5.25. Because the room value was one amount, my gift certificate was valued at another amount and because of my $50 deposit, the difference was $5.25!! How am I being penalized for something that I wasnt paying for in the first place?!??! This experince has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and I will NOT be using the room certificate, even if it is free!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Luna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We actually stayed here a few years ago. Some of us stayed in one of the cute little cabins, and some stayed in the main hotel. The hotel rooms were very cute- the kids' beds were made to look like part of a cabin. We roasted marshallows at the fire pit and cooked out on the outdoor grills. It was a great place for a mini family reunion!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We took our kids there for Valentines Day and it's not the fanciest place on the face of the earth, but for the money it was a great deal! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with pull out couch + tickets to a indoor waterpark for about $200. Close to downtown Dells and easy to find. The inidoor pool is for small kids, mine were too big. Luckily they had their fill of water while we were at the water park. Our deal also came with a bunch of coupons that we kept to use when we go back up in a couple months. They show a movie every night in their main room also, if we would of had nothing else to do we probably would have went and watched. The beds are a little hard for my liking, but not too bad. They do offer smores roasting daily for added family fun!

On a side note, in the winter a lot of places close early in WI Dells. Walgreens was closed by 9PM. So much for trying to get the things that we needed replaced late at night, had to wait til the next am.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator . . . could hear it in our room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

i stayed at the Meadowbrook recently for a volleyball tournament at the WI Dells Center. This resort is only a mile from the volleyball center and is a perfect location and the price was certainly right. I had three teens with me, all exhausted after volleyball all day so they weren't a bit disappointed that the indoor pool is a wading pool for little kids-and this lack of pool was pointed out to me when I made my reservation which was very thoughtful.
We had a two bedroom with a small kitchenette. It was exceptionally clean and neat. Furniture was surprisingly sparse-like no coffee table in front of the couch, but again, all neat and clean. The kitchenette is limited-microwave, refrig, hotplate, and full set of dishes and utensils. I brought my own coffee and filters as I had read reviews on here. In fact we ate all of our meals in our room which really helped with our weekend budget.
Staff was helpful and kind. The front desk is closed through the night and reopens at 9AM and once there were able to assist with my questions. Even shared a bit about the history of this resort and showed us some pictures of the place in the 1920's.
I was very realistic in what I wanted/needed in a place to stay and this perfectly suited my needs for the weekend. In fact this is now going to be our "go to" place for the volleyball season because of it's location. Folks that are expecting to find the typical WI Dells water park experience at this resort will be disappointed. But if you desire something smaller, simpler and very neat and clean, you will be very satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Meadowbrook Resort? Share your experiences!