“Fun for young children, but in need of updates” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   840 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Casa Grande, Arizona
“Fun for young children, but in need of updates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

We've stayed at the Grand Marquis 3 times. We've continued to go back because of the relatively low prices and because it's not usually very crowded. The check-in and check-out processes have always gone smoothly for us and our rooms have been ready early. The location is very convenient to the interstate, shopping, and restaurants.

For our most recent stay, we chose a studio suite. It was spacious and had a nice, large window. We appreciated the extra vanity. There were 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper (we didn't use the sleeper part). There was also a refrigerator and microwave. The furnishings and bathroom were very dated. The fan in the bathroom didn't seem to work, and it got very steamy and hot every time anyone used the shower. The room seemed fairly clean, but there was candy on the floor when we arrived, and it wasn't vacuumed up the next day, either. There is no coffee maker in the room, but there is some provided in the lobby each morning.

The waterpark and pool areas were fun for young children. The water temps were o.k. and the areas were fairly clean. Our child, who is now 7 years old, had fun but came home with many scrapes from the rough bottom in the waterpark area.

One big problem (for us) this time around was the heavy smell of smoke on the first floor. This appears to be the only floor with smoking rooms. You have to walk through the first floor hallway to get from the waterpark to the pool, and the smell is very strong.

Overall, the Grand Marquis is a good choice for families on a budget and those with young children. However, my family does not plan to return, as there are many other hotels with nicer accomodations in the area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

Great time at the hotel, Flake out Festival was right by the hotel, close walking distance. We all have great time. Wish the weather was little bit colder for the flake out outing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

The Grand Marquis is a great hotel. Very clean, beds were comfy, pool was nice, and the staff was friendly. I Would recommend to anyone. We brought our little ones to play and we loved it more than the kids(almost). The water park was "awesome" as my kids would say but the best part for me was the fact that I could relax in the large Hot tub while watching the kids have a blast hitting all the slides. Nice touch!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here in a jacuzzi suite over the past holiday weekend for the areas snowmobiling. What can i say, but that the staff is great and the amenities were endless. I recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the Wisconsin Dells or the area's ski resorts, casino, lakes, whatever. We'll be coming back again! Thanks again Barb for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

This was our first vacation as a family, we live about 90 min from the Dells. We got there at 1 pm had no problems checking in early. The Rooms were SUPER CLEAN and smelled great. We stayed for 3 days. The water park was perfect for my 6 year old daughter and my husband even played in the kiddie park. It was great. The last night we stayed there I sprained my ankle while mini golfing and the staff was AWESOME, they gave us extra bags for ice and even came to our room and found some ziploc bags so it wouldnt leak when it melted. I was very impressed. The decor is a little older, but its nice and we went during the week and it wasnt that busy so we had the pool to ourselves most of the time. The hot tubs were great. If you have little ones its great because you can keep a close eye on them without having to worry. I would like to try one of the bigger resorts, but my husband is content with the Grand Marquis cause everyone is so great there! We plan on going back in February!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

My wife and I visited the Dells this summer with our 2 young children and we found a great place to stay. The Grand Marquis hotel turned out to be our best option that best suited our needs. Our children are young so the indoor waterpark worked great for them, small slides, shallow water, and fountains spraying everywhere. They had a blast! My wife and I loved that there was a hot tub by the waterpark so we could relax while we watched our children play. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, safe place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Usually we stay at the Wilderness Resort but because of the laid offs and hour cut backs we decided to go a less expensive this year. The free Mt Olympus tickets was one of the reason we chose the hotel. Also my parents have stayed at Grand Marquis before and my mom, who is very picky, really enjoyed her several previous stay. I felt the hotel was very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The main thing I loved was that the rooms were very spacious. We stayed in a Grand Family Suite which had a sofa sleeper, 2 queen beds, 2 vanities. The room was very clean. We reserved a total of 3 rooms and they were all nice and spacious. The bathroom was clean but they do need to put new rugs on the bathroom floor. My grandchildren ages 7,3, & 1 1/2 loved the waterpark. My husband, sons, and brother played their yearly water basketball game and their only complaint was the chlorine was very strong in the pool. Also, they had a nice area in the back with picnic tables and grills. We decided to grill out for dinner. The landscaping was great and the kids enjoyed the space to run and play while we did the cooking. Over all It was a very nice place to stay. I enjoyed my stay very much and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!