We've stayed at the Grand Marquis 3 times. We've continued to go back because of the relatively low prices and because it's not usually very crowded. The check-in and check-out processes have always gone smoothly for us and our rooms have been ready early. The location is very convenient to the interstate, shopping, and restaurants.
For our most recent stay, we chose a studio suite. It was spacious and had a nice, large window. We appreciated the extra vanity. There were 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper (we didn't use the sleeper part). There was also a refrigerator and microwave. The furnishings and bathroom were very dated. The fan in the bathroom didn't seem to work, and it got very steamy and hot every time anyone used the shower. The room seemed fairly clean, but there was candy on the floor when we arrived, and it wasn't vacuumed up the next day, either. There is no coffee maker in the room, but there is some provided in the lobby each morning.
The waterpark and pool areas were fun for young children. The water temps were o.k. and the areas were fairly clean. Our child, who is now 7 years old, had fun but came home with many scrapes from the rough bottom in the waterpark area.
One big problem (for us) this time around was the heavy smell of smoke on the first floor. This appears to be the only floor with smoking rooms. You have to walk through the first floor hallway to get from the waterpark to the pool, and the smell is very strong.
Overall, the Grand Marquis is a good choice for families on a budget and those with young children. However, my family does not plan to return, as there are many other hotels with nicer accomodations in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "NOAH'S ARK WATERPARK TICKETS"."FREE"Indoor Amenities◾Blue Dolphin Lagoon Waterpark Complete with 4 Slides (Kids Size)◾2 Half Tube Sea Shell Slides◾Water Spouting Sea Life with Coral Reef Jets◾Activities Galore in the Shallow Waterpark Wading Pool◾Whirlpool◾Large L-shaped Indoor Pool (3-5 Feet Deep)◾Triple Chute Dolphin Slide◾Toddler Pool◾Twin Whirlpools◾Sauna◾Game RoomOutdoor Amenities◾Large Outdoor Pool (3-5 Feet Deep)◾Triple Slide◾Purple Dinosaur Slide◾Water Basketball◾Grand Waterfall◾Picnic Tables & Grills ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Marquis Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Grand Marquis Resort Hotel And Suites
- Grand Marquis Wisconsin Dells