“Nice place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   840 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #20 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Just returned from a 3 day trip to the Dells and a happy stay at the Grand Marquis with our 4 granddaughters ages 8-10. Despite the aged and somewhat tacky décor was impressed with this hotel and would be happy to stay there again. Though nothing fancy it was very clean and very comfortable - with free Noah's Ark tickets, but our granddaughters preferred the great indoor and outdoor pools and the hot tubs over the overcrowded and long lines of the big waterpark. We went mid-week and basically had the place to ourselves. My only suggestions would be have larger wastebaskets in the rooms - and a daily newspaper for patrons to share and read while watching the morning news in the lobby. Coffee makers would be nice - but thank you for the free morning coffee served off the lobby. For those with toddlers and young children, the indoor waterpark geared toward them looked full of fun! Overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: "Marley's" is across the street and walking distance - good food for carry outs!
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Bonnieann H

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place that our kids would enjoy that wasn't too big and crowded. My kids both under 10 loved the outdoor pool. We got Noahs Ark tickets free with our stay which was great!! The pool was hardly busy which my kids loved:) The decor is outdated but I didn't mind a bit. They have an outdoor area to grill with picnic tables.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank thriftymom19
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was our first time at the Dells, and we chose to stay at Grand Marquis in part because of the reviews it received. My priority was a clean, safe and quiet place to wind down after what I assumed would be an exhausting day(s) at the waterparks. I got exactly what I was hoping for! The rooms were very clean - yes dated, but I didn't care about the artwork or color of paint on the walls. This hotel has very firm rules related to and enforcement of quiet hours which I very much appreciated.

The hotel provide free Noah's Ark passes for every day of our stay and the waterpark was a blast. The only negative is, like other reviews, no internet service. I called and was told they had to reset the system which never seemed to emerged. If internet or a party environment is what you are looking for, this is probably not the place for you; however, those with young children or those who want some downtime, I would highly recommend the Grand Marquis. I was very happy with my stay and I love being able to support locals versus the major resorts.

Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jennifer T
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced! Outdated! Unfriendly lobby workers. No continental breakfast. What kind of hotel doesn't have something for breakfast anymore. Also, indoor waterpark is not as impressive as pictures show. It is for like 3 and under. Chlorine in pool burned my eyes. This was supposed to be our one night in a big, fun, expensive hotel. We were EXTREMELY disappointed. We stayed at the Ramada across the street from it the night before. Ramada much nicer!!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank JBoden4
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in July with our two kids (12 and 6). This hotel is not the newest or largest in the Dells, but it is extremely well maintained and very clean. The room was a nice size, clean, comfortable and sound proof. Staff were efficient and helpful. There are three pools - two indoor, one out. It was nice to move around if a pool got too busy or you just felt like a change of pace. The waterpark pool is nice but really geared for smaller kids. Although, my 12 year old had just as much fun as my 6 year old. They offer morning coffee, but no breakfast. However, it seems that breakfasts aren't overly common in Dells hotels (??). If breakfasts were included, I would have given them five stars. We would definitely stay here again, though.... a good value for sure!

Location
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

It is a wonderful place to swim and sleep! They have 12 slides, a kiddy water park for your kids young or old! The water is clear and perfect temperature! My family and I had a good time at this hotel! You can go outdoor or indoor, you can have barbecues! I would like to come back soon!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Weston, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights with our kids (7 and almost 3). The three pools were great for the kids, especially the indoor waterpark. The room was very spacious and clean, and well maintained. Hotel check-in staff were friendly. We will recommend this hotel to our friends with young kids.

Stayed July 2014