I see a review that says "not terrible" and that's about right. Took our 6 year old daughter for two nights. The place hasn’t been redecorated in a long time, but is very clean. However, the hallways and elevators sometimes smelled stale. Our room was fine (didn't smell or anything), very clean, in good shape. I wish they’d put allergy covers on the mattresses though. Decent quality beds, pillows. Poor quality towels and soap. You need to bring your own pool towels. It was cold outside, so we stuck to the small indoor “waterpark,” which was great for our daughter. She loved it. It has a hot tub for parents. We also tried the small indoor pool (with larger slides), which also has a shallow kiddie pool and two hot tubs. There were some teens there who seemed to be having a great time, but this place is definitely designed for toddlers and little kids. They had (bad) coffee in the AM, but no food. It was a pain to have to go out for every meal. Our room, however, did have a large minifridge and small microwave. Also had a flatscreen TV (with ports that could hook up a portable DVD player). It was quiet during the day; I would imagine most people stay here for the relatively good price, then go to other waterparks during the day. Could be worse. Our daughter had a ball.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Marquis Resort Hotel And Suites
- Grand Marquis Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Grand Marquis Wisconsin Dells
- Grand Marquis Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indoor Amenities◾Blue Dolphin Lagoon Waterpark Complete with 4 Slides (Kids Size)◾2 Half Tube Sea Shell Slides◾Water Spouting Sea Life with Coral Reef Jets◾Activities Galore in the Shallow Waterpark Wading Pool◾Whirlpool◾Large L-shaped Indoor Pool (3-5 Feet Deep)◾Triple Chute Dolphin Slide◾Toddler Pool◾Twin Whirlpools◾Sauna◾Game RoomOutdoor Amenities◾Large Outdoor Pool (3-5 Feet Deep)◾Triple Slide◾Purple Dinosaur Slide◾Water Basketball◾Grand Waterfall◾Picnic Tables & Grills ... more less