“Better than I expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Save Saved
You added Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
840 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Rolling Meadows, Illinois, United States
“Better than I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was better than I expected. Room was very nice and roomy. It was clean. The housekeeping staff was exceptional. They were nice enough to even put my niece's stuffed toy on one of the beds nicely when they cleaned the room each day. The complementary coffee towards the lobby was nice. The pools were nice. My niece enjoyed them very much. She loved the slides. The women at the front were extremely helpful also. I would stay here again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hudson, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a one night stay in the hotel. We were looking for a good water area for our two and five year olds and this place was perfect. The kids loved the variety of pools. I wouldn't recommend for older kids though, as even my 5 year old got a little bored in the kiddie water park area after a while. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. We have stayed at another hotel in the Dells with a similar small pool for the kids and this place seemed a lot nicer on the interior which I definitely enjoyed. But, we did have an incident with bed bugs. My partner and I got all bit up all over our legs, and oh my goodness, those bites are extremely uncomfortable. The hotel staff did refund our money, but I'm not sure it entirely helped rectify the situation for me. I realize hotels are susceptible to this happening, so I don't blame them 100%. However, I did read a trip advisor review before I left that mentioned bed bugs. I didn't really worry about it, but I guess I should have. Our family did stay in another room and didn't have issues. Hopefully the hotel will take care of the issue so others don't have to deal with the same situation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jkjk616, General Manager at Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Inspection off the room showed “not a single bedbug, dead or alive, was observed” and no blood or fecal evidence was found in an inspection of the room in question.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I recently visited Wisconsin Dells and were at the Grand Marquis Inn. We had a great time and found it to be a great value. The pools were perfect for the kids and they enjoyed all three of them. They especially enjoyed the water park which was custom made for the younger children. We absolutely will be back to visit the Grand Marquis. We found the staff to be caring and helpful and the motel was very clean

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel numerous times and impressed every time by how pleasant stuff is and how nice, clean rooms are. There is a nice swimming pool area, nice water park for kids without the crowds of bigger water parks. Hotel has a great location next to many restaurants and night life. Very nice place to stay....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Round Lake Beach, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have to say that for a weekend vacation, Grand Marquis made it special. The experience was beyond my expectation. It was our first family vacation, and the hotel went far beyond what we needed. The price was excellent and the location was great. John at the front desk was a great help, he made the trip special. Our 2 year old son is just getting used to being in water, and the splash park was a great thing to have. The hot tub in the splash park is a great add-on, good for when parents have to switch places on the fly. The location is far enough away from the major waterparks to allow for traffic to be a little less, but close enough to get to without a long wait. The only downfall is that the roads are being worked on, but we forgot about that once we arrived. We are already planning to visit again soon, bringing more family next time. Thank you for the great time.

Room Tip: No included breakfast, but just go to the Aldi in baraboo and stock your mini fridge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Grand Marquis Waterpark and Hotel in Wisconsin Dells was an excellent choice for our vacation. We traveled with 5 yr. old triplets, a 10 yr old and a 12 year old. The waterpark indoors was wonderful for the 5 year olds. It featured colorful dolphins and and several slides. It was clean, not crowded and family friendly. The outdoor pool had a waterfall. several slides and a little deeper pool. There was also an indoor pool and hotubs. The rooms were spacious, clean, new and brightly decorated. We had a great time for a fair price.

Room Tip: The family sweet slept 6 people comfortably and was spacious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Just here this past weekend with my husband and two young kids. Although this isn't a big, fancy resort, it is perfect for those with little kids! The decor is very 80s/90s, but rooms were clean and had a fridge, microwave, and plenty of space. Mattresses could use upgrading, but that's my only complaint. They were a bit uncomfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My kids loved both the indoor pool area and the "splash park" area! I wouldn't call it a water park, more of a splash park. It was perfect for my kids, aged 2 and 4. They could climb and go on everything by themselves, and my husband and I could relax in the hot tub that overlooked them so we could supervise. The outdoor pool looked fun, but was too chilly for us to use. I would say if you have kids aged 7 and under, this is a perfect place for them! My kids were in heaven and loved the splash park! Any older than that and they'd be too big. It's a perfect pace to stay before you have to upgrade to the bigger resorts when your kids get older! It was a great family vacation!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!