“Great place to stay on a budget!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites

and 1 more site!
You added Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   840 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place to stay on a budget!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I do not know why The Grand Marquis has gotten some bad reviews...

Upon arrival the front desk staff was very friendly and explained all the extra discounts they give to their guests (which is very nice). Our room was very clean and spacious. The pools and waterpark was clean and perfect for children 12 and under. My girls had a blast...in fact, I couldn't get them out of the pools! As far as their beds & pillows; we didn't think they were hard or uncomfortable. In fact it was the complete opposite. My hubby is very picky about his pillows and he never complained.

We never heard our neighbors unless they were walking the hallway, but the showers we a little on the loud side.

We never had a problem with the towels. I completely understand if the hotel wants to limit 1 towel per guest. It saves them money/time on washing them and prevents them from being taking by their guests. Whenever we needed new towels, housekeeping or the front desk never hesitated to exchange our wet ones (from the pool) for clean ones.

Bottom line is The Grand Marquis is a VERY affordable and a great place to stay!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
West Lafayette, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This is one of the cheaper places at the Dells, and the hotel is just that: cheap. My sister and I stayed the night in a room with a king size bed and jacuzzi. The decor is old and remains unchanged. I'm fairly certain that the couch in our room was the same kind of couch my parents had 20+ years ago when I was born, except less comfortable. The dresser in our room was broken. The jacuzzi jets only had one setting, and it really wasn't big enough for two people as it claimed. The "pictures" they have on the wall are tacky- they look like something a little girl would win at a cheap carnival.

The pools were nice, but were a bit too shallow for the slides. People ran up and down the halls at all hours of the night, and my sister and I had the misfortune of being next to an exit, so the door was slamming shut all night long too. The bed was mediocre; neither comfortable nor uncomfortable.

The hotel looks like it was fantastic back in its day, but now it's just outdated and old- and that's sad considering the fact that a few days before I had stayed in a hotel built in 1888 and it was one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

We are currently staying at the Grand Marquis (June 2011). We wanted a smaller waterpark area for our 2 year old son. We also have family coming to stay here as well (9 year old) and 3 more adults. We really like the indoor water park for our son, he wasn't to sure of it at first as all the water sprays in your face. It is a very clean resort, we have a deluxe family suite (3 queen beds including 1 seperate bedroom for our son). We love how large the room is, plenty of space for all of us. What we don't like is the rock hard bed (all 3) and all the pillows are hard and flat. We ended up going to Walmart to buy new ones for us, my husband and I both woke up with very bad back aches the first morning here. So bring your own pillows! The rooms are not sound proof at all, you can hear the room next to you talk/TV and turn their water on (very loud). So it may be hard if you are a light sleeper like me. All the staff we have met have been very nice and welcoming. It is nice being a little out of the busy Dells, but still close for driving to town! Over all I am torn if we would stay here again, I think if they updated the beds/pillows we would without any question!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was very happy and pleased with this Hotel. We stayed here one night for Memorial Day weekend and my daughter which is 1 yr old enjoyed the indoor pools very much. The room was very clean had 3 queen beds, fridge, microwave, hairdrier but no coffee machine which I really don't care for but if you do they have complimentary coffee in the lobby. What I liked the best was the indoor pool for my 1yr old and I least liked that there is no cafeteria for breakfast. Also, make sure you keep your sandals and any personal belongings near. Someone took my sandals and the hotel is not responsible for lost items. Also, make sure you take with you any towels used from your room for the pool. The hotel will charge you if any towels are missing.

Room Tip: Keep your sandals and towels near.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

The Grand Marquis was perfect for our family. We have a 2 & 5 yr old. They had a blast. The waterpark area is perfect for 11 and under. I think if you have older kids they may get bored. We stayed in the Dolphin Family Suite. PERFECT family room. The room was very spacious and had 3 beds, 2 full baths, 2 mini-fridges, 2 micros. This hotel is very clean and friendly staff. We will definately be back here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

If you don't want to go for the all out water park hotel experience then the Grand Marquis may be perfect to stay in while in the Dells. This was our second time staying at the Grand Marquis and both times left very happy. The prices are great and the hotel is very clean. The pools were simple in comparison to the huge water park hotels but the deeper pool had three slides and the kiddy pool water park area was a blast for the younger ones. Our children ages 11 and 4 enjoyed both pools. Our four year old preferred the kiddy pool water park area but our 11 year old happily went along playing with his sister for awhile in that pool. The other pool area which has the deeper pool and three waterslides was well enjoyed by our 11 year old and our 4 year old also had a lot of fun in it while using a life jacket.

If I had to pick any cons for the hotel I'd say that the blankets could handle being replaced... I'm pretty sure they must be at least two decades old (but clean!!)

The staff was absolutely wonderful! Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful!

Overall just an excellent hotel at a great price!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Davis, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We just returned from 5 nights at the Grand Marquis and I agree the location is great, very clean, pools are just the right size for a 5 year old. and definitely a bargin. Internet is a struggle in the rooms as the new Marley Resturant has a strong internet signal and knocks out the Grand Marguis signal. They battle each other and you will not get fluent service in a far north room. That was the only dissapointment. We are easy to please so if the beds are comfortable and the hotel is clean this is a place for us. This was our second visit and we will be returning in the fall for our third. Friendly Front Counter a plus!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!