“Best hotel in Dells” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best hotel in Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stay here frequently as a family and love the clean, well-kept building. The pool is nicely sized. The hot tub is big and relaxing. Both the pool and hot tub are extremely clean!!! There is an indoor kid pool with 4 small slides for toddlers. The big pool has a big water slide, perfect for older toddlers and adults.

The front desk staff and managers are amazing, especially Ryan. Everyone provides excellent customer service and professionalism. If you have a problem, they will quickly address it. The managers are all very knowledgable and courteous. If you have a complaint, they are quick to fix the concern.

The presidential suite is HUGE with a full kitchen, newer appliances, pool table, and lots of closet space. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master room in this suite boasts a 2-headed shower with a closet the size of a small room. You also get your own washer/dryer in this suite. Each room has its own flat tv and closet. The two queen executive suites are very cozy and nice.

You cannot beat the friendly, professional staff. This hotel is better priced and more accommodating than the resorts.

It is next to Kalahari Resort, if you want water and theme parks without expensive resort prices. It is also next to Tanger Outlet for those who wish to shop. And let's not leave out Knuckleheads indoor theme park, also next to this HIE. This hotel is located just minutes from downtown, is not as crowded, and is a very good deal. This hotel is also next to numerous restaurants. The managers her should be promoted!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Rooms are nice. The front desk people were friendly and polite. The hot part of the breakfast was not set out either day of my visit early enough for me to enjoy. Overall, I would stay here again, it was close to where my conference was held.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Im happy to see all the postives you found about our property as we work very hard to deliver the best possible product we can. We take great pride in being such a customer service oriented property and its great to see when the customer takes notice. Our breakfast hours are from 6:30 am- 9:30 am Monday though Friday. We got many request to extend the breakfast hours on the weekends so we did change that to 7am-10am Saturday and Sunday. Next time if you are looking for some breakfast prior to the scheduled opening times please just ask the desk agent working and we can be sure to grab you something from our cold selection like a bagel to go or something else we offer. We look forward to the next chance we get to serve you as we feel it is an honor to call you our guest!
mrs_sixx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

we just stayed at this hotel for one night over thanksgiving. from check in til check out, it was a perfect stay. the two front desk girls (i regret not getting their names) were so friendly and nice. the room was super clean. even an air freshener was sprayed inside the room when we checked in. smelled like bubble gum. =) the bed was so comfortable, clean linens...nice full pillows (im not a fan of down pillows as i am against anything down...but i am just stating how nice these pillows were. usually hotel pillows are flat and lame.) everything in the room was squeaky clean. the hotel was quiet. hallways and even the stairways were scented and clean. the pool was warm and clean. the hot tub, was just that, HOT. usually hotel hot tubs dont get very hot, more like luke warm. this was a super nice hot tub. big pool area too. all clean. the breakfast was filling and plentiful. very very good. and free coffee available all day long. i highly highly recommend staying here...it was close to everything. they were always cleaning when we were there..mopping the lobby floors....you could eat off them, they were that clean. very nice staff. do not listen to any negative reviews. we loved our stay and will go back again.

Green Features: loved that they suggest being kind to the environment with washing towels. im a huge fan of being enviromently friendly.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This location is slightly less than your average HI Express. I've stayed here on several occasions, and plan to stay here again (more for the points club reason that the hotel itself). Rooms are decent, on my last stay was upgraded to a hot tub room. There was hair on the edge of the tub and what appeared to be a remnants of a brownie or chocolate cake on the floor next to it. Housekeeping could be a little more thorough. The work desk was wobbly and seemed ready for a leg to come off. Other than that the rooms are decent, beds are very comfortable, and the staff has always been great. Location is within minutes of everything. Parking and check-in is a little cumbersome. Entrance is on top of a hill at the front, and when its busy there is no place to park other than the back parking lot and walk back to the front entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Our customers feedback is always appreciated as we use this to gauge how we are performing. I'm happy to see all the positives you found during your recent stays with us. I'm very happy to see that you plan on returning to our property as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with our head housekeeper. We take great pride in our cleanliness and I know our housekeeping team is dedicated to ensure this is the case. If ever there is a reason for us not achieving 100% satisfaction from you please just let any of our guest service representatives know so we can be sure to make that right before you go. Our goal with every guest is for that guest to leave feeling 100% satisfied. We look forward to serving you again and we will see you soon!
Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I LOVE IHG hotels, just not this one. Poor front desk chemistry at check-in, poor room location even though occupancy was low and I SPECIFICALLY asked for a room close to the door. The room was T.I.R.E.D., fan motor did not work unless the unit was actually heating or cooling. Two of the three occasional lights in the room did not work…and so on and so forth.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. It is from our customer feedback that we use to gauge how we as a staff are performing. I'm happy to see you love the IHG brand as we believe its the best hotel brand in the business. I do apologize for the issues you unfortunately had to deal with as I can completely understand how frustrating they can be. I'm wondering if you could please reach out to me at fdm@dellshotels.com so I can get more details from you. We believe communication is key in any successful business so it disappoints me to see you didn't get a room close to a door. We have a regular room maintenance program that is checked and enforced on a regular basis to ensure all the rooms stay up-kept and looking good. I hope next time you are in town you are willing to give us another chance to host you as we feel its a privilege to call you our guest and I'm sure we have what it takes to restore your confidence in us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I loved our king size bed with hot tub room. Indoor pool was shallow, and cold and mostly for children, so we got in and immediately got out. Breakfast in the morning was fine, nothing special. Service was very good. Very friendly staff. Overall it was kind of expensive considering other hotels in the area with indoor water parks had rooms for the same price, including breakfast as well... yet we paid that for very small indoor pool and one slide that is for children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We appreciate all the kind words and are happy you found so many positives about our property including our service as we work very hard to make sure we are one of the most customer service oriented hotels in the area. I do apologize for the pool temp. We do check it multiple times daily and ensure it is up to suggested red cross recommendations but I will be sure to check with our maintenance team to ensure it is still at the recommended temperature. As far as the prices we do hold a revenue meeting every Tuesday to ensure we are market appropriate. We are typically more expensive on the weekends as that is when we are busier. We hope next time you are in town you choose us as your place to stay as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest. If there is anything I can be of further assistance to please be sure to let me know.
Fort Atkinson, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff was great, there was something wrong with the keys they coded for me, so they went around to the back door where I had parked to let me in so I wouldn't have to drive around to the front again. That was much appreciated. The breakfast was good. The cinnamon rolls were amazing. The room seemed clean, couple things were missed though. And the comforter needed a cleaning really bad. I let them know about the comforter on my way out.

Green Features: They had a sign encouraging you to re-use your towels. That's the only environmental practice I know about. There may be more that I'm not aware of.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I'm very happy to see you found our staff to be helpful as we work very hard to be one of the most recognized customer service staffs here in the Wisconsin Dells area. Customer service is something we live by and its great when the customer takes notice. We also appreciate all the kind words in regards to our breakfast. The cinnamon rolls are a fan favorite and we're glad you got to enjoy them. I do apologize for the housekeeping issue. I have printed off your review and will be covering it with our head housekeeper and housekeeping team to ensure this addressed immediately. Next time you're in town I'm hoping you are willing to give us another chance to host you as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest!