“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This location is slightly less than your average HI Express. I've stayed here on several occasions, and plan to stay here again (more for the points club reason that the hotel itself). Rooms are decent, on my last stay was upgraded to a hot tub room. There was hair on the edge of the tub and what appeared to be a remnants of a brownie or chocolate cake on the floor next to it. Housekeeping could be a little more thorough. The work desk was wobbly and seemed ready for a leg to come off. Other than that the rooms are decent, beds are very comfortable, and the staff has always been great. Location is within minutes of everything. Parking and check-in is a little cumbersome. Entrance is on top of a hill at the front, and when its busy there is no place to park other than the back parking lot and walk back to the front entrance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Our customers feedback is always appreciated as we use this to gauge how we are performing. I'm happy to see all the positives you found during your recent stays with us. I'm very happy to see that you plan on returning to our property as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with our head housekeeper. We take great pride in our cleanliness and I know our housekeeping team is dedicated to ensure this is the case. If ever there is a reason for us not achieving 100% satisfaction from you please just let any of our guest service representatives know so we can be sure to make that right before you go. Our goal with every guest is for that guest to leave feeling 100% satisfied. We look forward to serving you again and we will see you soon!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I LOVE IHG hotels, just not this one. Poor front desk chemistry at check-in, poor room location even though occupancy was low and I SPECIFICALLY asked for a room close to the door. The room was T.I.R.E.D., fan motor did not work unless the unit was actually heating or cooling. Two of the three occasional lights in the room did not work…and so on and so forth.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. It is from our customer feedback that we use to gauge how we as a staff are performing. I'm happy to see you love the IHG brand as we believe its the best hotel brand in the business. I do apologize for the issues you unfortunately had to deal with as I can completely understand how frustrating they can be. I'm wondering if you could please reach out to me at fdm@dellshotels.com so I can get more details from you. We believe communication is key in any successful business so it disappoints me to see you didn't get a room close to a door. We have a regular room maintenance program that is checked and enforced on a regular basis to ensure all the rooms stay up-kept and looking good. I hope next time you are in town you are willing to give us another chance to host you as we feel its a privilege to call you our guest and I'm sure we have what it takes to restore your confidence in us.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I loved our king size bed with hot tub room. Indoor pool was shallow, and cold and mostly for children, so we got in and immediately got out. Breakfast in the morning was fine, nothing special. Service was very good. Very friendly staff. Overall it was kind of expensive considering other hotels in the area with indoor water parks had rooms for the same price, including breakfast as well... yet we paid that for very small indoor pool and one slide that is for children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We appreciate all the kind words and are happy you found so many positives about our property including our service as we work very hard to make sure we are one of the most customer service oriented hotels in the area. I do apologize for the pool temp. We do check it multiple times daily and ensure it is up to suggested red cross recommendations but I will be sure to check with our maintenance team to ensure it is still at the recommended temperature. As far as the prices we do hold a revenue meeting every Tuesday to ensure we are market appropriate. We are typically more expensive on the weekends as that is when we are busier. We hope next time you are in town you choose us as your place to stay as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest. If there is anything I can be of further assistance to please be sure to let me know.
Fort Atkinson, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff was great, there was something wrong with the keys they coded for me, so they went around to the back door where I had parked to let me in so I wouldn't have to drive around to the front again. That was much appreciated. The breakfast was good. The cinnamon rolls were amazing. The room seemed clean, couple things were missed though. And the comforter needed a cleaning really bad. I let them know about the comforter on my way out.

Green Features: They had a sign encouraging you to re-use your towels. That's the only environmental practice I know about. There may be more that I'm not aware of.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I'm very happy to see you found our staff to be helpful as we work very hard to be one of the most recognized customer service staffs here in the Wisconsin Dells area. Customer service is something we live by and its great when the customer takes notice. We also appreciate all the kind words in regards to our breakfast. The cinnamon rolls are a fan favorite and we're glad you got to enjoy them. I do apologize for the housekeeping issue. I have printed off your review and will be covering it with our head housekeeper and housekeeping team to ensure this addressed immediately. Next time you're in town I'm hoping you are willing to give us another chance to host you as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a group of 10 adults and decided to stay in the Presidential Suite and it was AMAZING! From the courteous front desk staff, to the mind blowing size of the room, the delicious continental breakfast, and beautiful pool area, we were soooooo happy!! I completely recommend this hotel and we all can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is AMAZING!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

King Suite-Reservation correct. Friendly smiling staff. Bottled water & fun dice game for IHG members upon arrival to win treats or points. Lobby fireplace & attraction coupons. Ample free parking. Felt safe. Older remodeled facility. Desk, microwave, mini-fridge. 3 mirrors in main room. Wall divided bedroom from sofa area. Guest laundry, game room, indoor/outdoor mini-waterpark pool, fitness room, business office. Good breakfast. Hand sanitizer. Offered sausage. Prefer bacon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Reservation was surprisingly complicated, as I was told different information from the 800 reservation and the actual front desk. The check-in with Ryan was great, he's a very friendly guy...kudo's to him as he was the only employee I encountered with award-winning customer service. A friendly greeting goes a long way.

The rooms are very average, and wasn't as clean as it could be. Amenities were scarce, but the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet is good for kids and seniors, average...but you have got to try those Cinnamon Buns...delicious!

The workout room is not a gym; no weights, 3 pieces of equipment - so I don't know what you;re going to do during the winter months, as there's not much going on...but this is the Dells and you do Dells-Like things.

Overall, this is a great, economical hotel, I wouldn't pay more than $60.00/night.

Room Tip: Stay away form the 1st floor and near the loud vending machines
Green Features: The only environmentally-friendly practice I saw was the separated receptacles on each floor for waste, plastic & cans.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I'm happy to see all the positives you found about our property as we work very hard to achieve and exceed guest expectations. I'm very happy to see you mentioned Ryan as he just won employee of the month for his outstanding customer relations skills. I do apologize for the housekeeping issue as I can completely understand how frustrating that can be. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with our head housekeeper as I know she works very hard to ensure everything is 110% up to our customers and brand standards. I hope next time you are in town you give us another opportunity to host you as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!