“Kinda Pricey but Nice Room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Kinda Pricey but Nice Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I loved our king size bed with hot tub room. Indoor pool was shallow, and cold and mostly for children, so we got in and immediately got out. Breakfast in the morning was fine, nothing special. Service was very good. Very friendly staff. Overall it was kind of expensive considering other hotels in the area with indoor water parks had rooms for the same price, including breakfast as well... yet we paid that for very small indoor pool and one slide that is for children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We appreciate all the kind words and are happy you found so many positives about our property including our service as we work very hard to make sure we are one of the most customer service oriented hotels in the area. I do apologize for the pool temp. We do check it multiple times daily and ensure it is up to suggested red cross recommendations but I will be sure to check with our maintenance team to ensure it is still at the recommended temperature. As far as the prices we do hold a revenue meeting every Tuesday to ensure we are market appropriate. We are typically more expensive on the weekends as that is when we are busier. We hope next time you are in town you choose us as your place to stay as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest. If there is anything I can be of further assistance to please be sure to let me know.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Atkinson, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff was great, there was something wrong with the keys they coded for me, so they went around to the back door where I had parked to let me in so I wouldn't have to drive around to the front again. That was much appreciated. The breakfast was good. The cinnamon rolls were amazing. The room seemed clean, couple things were missed though. And the comforter needed a cleaning really bad. I let them know about the comforter on my way out.

Green Features: They had a sign encouraging you to re-use your towels. That's the only environmental practice I know about. There may be more that I'm not aware of.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I'm very happy to see you found our staff to be helpful as we work very hard to be one of the most recognized customer service staffs here in the Wisconsin Dells area. Customer service is something we live by and its great when the customer takes notice. We also appreciate all the kind words in regards to our breakfast. The cinnamon rolls are a fan favorite and we're glad you got to enjoy them. I do apologize for the housekeeping issue. I have printed off your review and will be covering it with our head housekeeper and housekeeping team to ensure this addressed immediately. Next time you're in town I'm hoping you are willing to give us another chance to host you as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a group of 10 adults and decided to stay in the Presidential Suite and it was AMAZING! From the courteous front desk staff, to the mind blowing size of the room, the delicious continental breakfast, and beautiful pool area, we were soooooo happy!! I completely recommend this hotel and we all can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is AMAZING!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

King Suite-Reservation correct. Friendly smiling staff. Bottled water & fun dice game for IHG members upon arrival to win treats or points. Lobby fireplace & attraction coupons. Ample free parking. Felt safe. Older remodeled facility. Desk, microwave, mini-fridge. 3 mirrors in main room. Wall divided bedroom from sofa area. Guest laundry, game room, indoor/outdoor mini-waterpark pool, fitness room, business office. Good breakfast. Hand sanitizer. Offered sausage. Prefer bacon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Reservation was surprisingly complicated, as I was told different information from the 800 reservation and the actual front desk. The check-in with Ryan was great, he's a very friendly guy...kudo's to him as he was the only employee I encountered with award-winning customer service. A friendly greeting goes a long way.

The rooms are very average, and wasn't as clean as it could be. Amenities were scarce, but the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast buffet is good for kids and seniors, average...but you have got to try those Cinnamon Buns...delicious!

The workout room is not a gym; no weights, 3 pieces of equipment - so I don't know what you;re going to do during the winter months, as there's not much going on...but this is the Dells and you do Dells-Like things.

Overall, this is a great, economical hotel, I wouldn't pay more than $60.00/night.

Room Tip: Stay away form the 1st floor and near the loud vending machines
Green Features: The only environmentally-friendly practice I saw was the separated receptacles on each floor for waste, plastic & cans.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I'm happy to see all the positives you found about our property as we work very hard to achieve and exceed guest expectations. I'm very happy to see you mentioned Ryan as he just won employee of the month for his outstanding customer relations skills. I do apologize for the housekeeping issue as I can completely understand how frustrating that can be. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with our head housekeeper as I know she works very hard to ensure everything is 110% up to our customers and brand standards. I hope next time you are in town you give us another opportunity to host you as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest.
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Read a lot of negative reviews several months ago, but this place must have gotten their act together. We were on the third floor and it was quiet with no plumbing noises or noises from the neighbors. Rooms were very clean and possibly recently updated. AC worked. Standard Charter cable with HBO. Very good wireless signal. We visit the Dells once a year and have stayed at a number of motels over the years. We really enjoyed this place. Did not use the pool area. Breakfast was good with plenty of seating. There was an employee on duty dedicated to the breakfast area, but it was a busy Sunday morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Davis, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We spent 2 days at this hotel and was very pleased. The rooms were clean and adequate. The pool area was clean...but do not expect a water park as it advertises. It was chilly outside so we didn't go to that pool, but it looked very nice.

The breakfast was very good, again for what it was. Hot food that was well presented. Appropriate amounts and variety. As with all hotels with a buffet breakfast it was crowded with lots of somewhat grumpy people, but hey, it's vacation, have fun! The lady who ran the 'kitchen' area was amazing....cheerful and efficient.

We would definitely return to this hotel if we come back to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!