“Perfect for our 2 yr old and 8 yr old. mom and dad were able to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
glen ellyn
“Perfect for our 2 yr old and 8 yr old. mom and dad were able to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We needed a place to rest our heads during a long road trip that would be easy to watch our 2 yr old. While it's not one of the mega-waterpark style locations, it was the perfect size if you want to be able to sit and watch your 2 yr old without running around chasing him.
Theres a bigger slide for the big kids in a deeper (4 ft) pool and then theres a shallow pool for toddlers with little slides and a little castle with slides.
they also have an outdoor area with a baby pool with slides and deeper pool with a slide.
The room was clean and well appointed. Only complaint I have is the bacteria smell from the "bathfitters" style shower. Seems like that never goes well when you put one of those plastic-molded bathtubs over existing bathtubs as moisture builds up behind inevitably. Turning on the bathroom vent solved that problem.
All in all we were very pleased with this hotel and would stay again.

Green Features: I love that they are environmental at this hotel. kudos to them.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent two nights over the 4th of July weekend. Following the others' reviews, we requested a room on the third floor, so we were not bothered by noises from the pool area. But kids stumped a lot on hallways till 11 pm, which bothered us a little. Otherwise, a room was quiet. Beds were quite comfortable, but a shower curtain stunk a lot...A cleaning staff did not do a great job - we noticed that a both tub was not cleaned after our first night.
Breakfast is OK, not special, but it was very convenient for us as we have a little kid with us. Pools were great for our 3-year-old kid, but are not as good as ones in other hotels & resorts. We just went to Noah's Ark Water Park, which is just in a 5-minute drive from the hotel. Many places to eat out in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with us. I'm happy to see all the positives you found in regards to our facility and we are happy you found the room to be quiet and comfortable! I do apologize for the housekeeping issues as I can see how frustrating that can be. I have printed off your review and have covered it with our head housekeeper so that she can address the issue immediately. I'm happy to see you took advantage of our free breakfast as we know when families come to Wisconsin Dells on vacation every penny counts. I hope next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us again as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest!
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My family made a trip to the Dells for the 4th of July and we stayed at this location. First the hotel is off the main strip so less crazy traffic. The outlet mall is across the street. As expected, the town was extremely busy due to the holiday so you would think all the employees would be exhausted. We were amazed at how everyone was so helpful and seemed to genuinely love their jobs. The hotel is clean, parking lot was well lit, which it a plus if you are hauling watercraft or bikes as we did. The room was great, we were on the first floor. We found it to be quiet. Our only complaint was we felt the bed was too soft. I would give this hotel an A and we would definitely stay again. Hotel pool was nice and my son, 9 years old, liked that we was the only guest in the pool. Pool area was clean and neat. Outdoor pool was cold and refreshing. Indoor pool was apparently heated.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay! We take great pride in being such a family friendly facility and its great to see the hard work pay off. We look forward to the next time that we have the opportunity to call you our guest!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great Service, nice breakfast and decent location.... However
- Room has musky odor due to wet damp shower curtain that todo 1day to change, most of the staff spoke very little English with thick E.European accents & difficult to understand!! Were promised an early check in had to wait 3hrs instead.. Single elevator so you'll have a long haul to your room if you are located at the end of the bldg

• Stayed July 2013
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. I'm happy to read you found our service and breakfast department to be great! We take great pride in being a family friendly hotel and take customer service very seriously. We also take great pride in our breakfast as we know that our customers love that they get an expanded hot free continental breakfast when they stay with us. We know it helps people budget the vacation dollars they spend in town. I do apologize for the shower curtain. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with our head housekeeper as I know she will address this concern immediately to ensure you or any other guest doesn't experience the same issue. I hope next time you are in town you choose to stay with us so you can see this is not a reoccurring issue.
Minneota, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family went on a mini vacation with 2 other families and we stayed in the presidential suite. The room was spacious allowing plenty of room for 9 boys and 6 adults to roam. There had been an issue with the sprinkler system in one of the rooms, so the hotel gave us a separate room at no extra charge for one of the families to sleep in. The pool was great for the kids, ages 6-17. It is more geared toward smaller children, but everyone enjoyed the pool. The breakfast appealed to all age groups and was very good. I would recommend this hotel and intend to stay again. For larger groups, I would definitely look into the presidential suite. Full kitchen, 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a pool table, and lots of room! Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Always stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels but if we came bac to Dells probably wouldn't stay here due to size of rooms :-(. Pool was OK if you are a kid, very shallow not really appropriate for adults. Breakfast was good as always and had adequate space in dining area.

• Stayed June 2013
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay. I'm very happy to see that you found our breakfast to be great and I'm also happy to see you were able to find seating and enjoy it. In regards to room size I'm sorry you felt the space wasn't large enough. What sort of room type did you reserve as we do have rooms that are larger than two queen beds. We have rooms with two queen beds and a pullout sofa sleeper which is larger than our standard room, we have a two room suite that is larger than our standard room and we also have a presidential suite that can sleep up to 12 people! Next time your in town I'm hoping you give us another chance and take advantage of the larger rooms. We also take great pride in our pool area. Ive never seen an IHG hotel that has a bigger pool area than we do as we are in the water park capital of the world! With so much to do in Wisconsin Dells in regards to different water parks our pool area is geared to families with younger children who don't want to deal with all the people at the larger resorts and/or water parks. We do have a very popular package with Noahs ark for families who would like to take advantage of our package. Again, thank you for reviewing your stay, your comments are appreciated.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Let me start out by saying that I WOULD stay here again. The hotel itself is very nice and the from desk staff is amazingly friendly. We got the whirlpool suite with the king bed. The room is very spacious and I loved that it had a good sized mini fridge. My only complaint is that there was some stray hair in my "clean" room. The first hair I noticed was one stray hair on the white bedspread, and I let that slide because I figured it had to be the house-keeper's hair, fallen from her head while making the bed. Then, when we went to take a bath, I noticed several hairs that obviously came from OTHER parts of people's bodies, if you know what I mean. I used a wet tissue and cleaned it myself. I felt... okay... about it. Then while brushing my teeth, I saw a long hair clinging to the wall behind my head! Come on! I didn't complain about it because it's not like I was paying $300 a night, but it does make me wonder how clean the rest of the room REALLY is if I found so much... hair... ICKY!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I want to start off by thanking you for taking the time to review your most recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells. We are happy to see all the positives you found during your stay and I will be sure to pass those comments along. We take great pride in being such a family friendly property and we are firm believers that it all starts up front with a positive and energetic desk team. I do apologize for the hair issue as I can completely understand how troubling that can be. I have printed off your review and will be covering it with our Head Housekeeper and housekeeping team to assure the issue is addressed immediately. Next time you are in town I hope you choose to stay with us again so that you can see this is not a reoccurring issue. Hope to see you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!