“Road Construction is Unfortunate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #29 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
“Road Construction is Unfortunate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I were on a motorcycle road trip to celebrate my new job. It was a little scary that we had to ride the bike on the gravel road leading to the hotel. We had a room with a hottub which was very relaxing and much needed after a lengthy and cold ride. The service was great and the front desk gal called Ho-Chunk to get us a shuttle when we were ready. It was a little pricey (~$150) for a very average room and hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here a few times while traveling for business. I have found the property nice, clean and with all the features I need as a business traveler. Fridge and microwave in room, comfortable bed and surprisingly quiet. Also had a good work area. They have a pretty good exercise room and even though I did not use it, the pool area is huge and looks like it would be a lot of fun for kids. The location is convenient to all the attractions in Wisconsin Dells. There is currently some road construction going on which makes it a bit confusing to get to the hotel but this is not the fault of the Holiday Inn. I am considering taking my family to Wisconsin Dells for vacation and if I do I will stay here.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review in regards to your most recent stay with us. We are happy to see everything went GREAT! We take great pride in our cleanliness, friendliness of staff, and our different amenities like our fitness center and pool area. We are looking forward to the next time as we consider in a privilege to call you our guest!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for a mini family getaway. Check in was smooth, we enjoyed the pool and atmosphere. Great free breakfast in the mornings. Close to indoor waterpark attractions. We drove 5 mins away to the kalahari indoor theme park and the children had a ball. This is my goto hotel when I visit the dells!

• Stayed April 2013
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review! We appreciate the kind words and are happy to read we are your go to destination! We look forward to the next time we have the privilege to call you our guest!
Brainerd, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights over Mothers day weekend 2013.

First of all, it is horrible to get to as the Dells are going through major road construction – not that this is the hotels fault. Also, they are doing construction at the hotel itself too. The floor that we stayed on – down the hall from the lobby, still had unfinished walls and ceiling areas.

The lobby and breakfast area are clean and quaint. This time we did not eat breakfast either mornings as we are sick of the same old cinnamon buns and gross pancakes at the HIE brands. They try, but it is getting old if you stay with them regularly.

Check in was quick – they gave us a nice booklet with coupons for the area which was appreciated. The front desk helped me pull off a surprise flower delivery for my Mom. Thank you to all that helped with that.

The hallways everywhere were in serious need of vacuuming, we were there 2 nights/3 days and it was never vacuumed and just kept getting worse.

Our room was clean and well stocked. My only complaint is the beds were very soft, but as always I love the bedding at HIE.

The pool area is huge, the pool was a little cold, the hot tub was perfect. It was too cold to use anything outside. I did notice that both the indoor pool and hot tub had a lift system for people needing help in and out of the pool. This is the first that I have ever seen of that at any hotel chain – very nice touch for those with accessibility needs.

Yes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells. We value our customers feedback and use that to better our staff and the overall guest experience. We were more than happy to assist in delivering the Mothers day surprise flowers, we hope it made her day. We do apologize for the carpet issue. As you could see we had some remodeling going on but I have printed off your review and shared it with our head housekeeper who oversees all cleanliness issues so that it is addressed immediately. We look forward to the next time we have the chance to call you our guest and hope to see you soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Outside the hotel there was construction and it wasn't clear how to enter the parking lot. At check in, I was informed that the hotel had flooding 2 weeks ago. I was given a room on the first floor and instead of two beds, it was one king bed and there was not room to put down the roll away in the room. The carpet on the first floor was still visibly water damaged and there were people painting. I requested a room change and was promptly moved to a room upstairs. The room upstairs had mold in the window sill. I was told by someone who used to work there that the hotel was in the same horrible conditions two years straight. For fear of my kids an I getting sick from breathing in the air, I requested and was given a refund. I don't think anyone should be allowed to sleep in a hotel with mold inside and while they are painting the walls. It's an easy place to get sickness.

• Stayed May 2013
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Cindy,
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience. I apologize for the inconvenience the construction and sprinkler burst caused. Unfortunately we as the hotel do not determine when the construction crews work and we have tried to be proactive by making and setting up signs to make it as easy as possible for the customer but it has been a challenge. I completely understand how frustrating that can be as we have been dealing with it since they've started. It should be completed soon and I cant tell you happy that will make us. I also apologize for the sprinkler issue. Believe me if it was up to us, it would've never happened but it did and we have been doing our best to address the issue. I'm happy to see the desk staff cancelled your reservation at no cost to you. Im not sure who spoke with you about our hotel condition but they are mistaken. If there is ever a mold issue it is addressed by our housekeeping team and maintenance team immediately. We have procedures that are implemented and followed to ensure these are not reoccurring issues. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with my direct supervisor to pass on your comments. If you would like to discuss this in more detail please feel free to give me a call at any time.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just reviewed the Holiday Inn Express in Wausau since we stayed there for two days and then this one for two days. The story is the same, very impressed. The hotel was one of the cleanest I've been to in a while. The beds were comfortable, the pool area was larger than I would have expected and the breakfast was a good spread. This wouldn't get a 5 if compared to a $250 per night hotel but for comparable hotesl, this really impressed me. I'd stay here again. We stayed here and did day passes to ther Kalahari and for two day, we saved over $300.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Wisconsin Dells and had a great time. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the microwave and mini-fridge were very helpful for our family. Breakfast in the morning was great--it really saves time and money for us to have a buffet breakfast at the hotel. The selection is good, too. They had healthy options (oatmeal, fresh fruit, light yogurt) as well as more traditional options (cinnamon rolls, sausage, biscuits, scrambled eggs).

The water park inside was PERFECT for our family. The kids loved the big slide (so did I, actually) and the pool. Our toddler loved the kiddie pool and stayed there as long as we let her. There was plenty of seating, lounge chairs and towels, as well as a lifeguard on duty in the afternoon, which we really appreciated. The whirlpool was very relaxing, especially after our five hour drive.

I also have to sing the praises of the staff on duty. They were very, very, very, very, very nice and seemed to genuinely care about our stay. There is some construction in the front of the hotel and at one point, the construction crew closed the road (hardly the hotel's fault). We had to park next door and walk a little bit. When I mentioned this to one of the staff, he apologized profusely and shook my hand. Sammie at the front desk is also great. She gave my son a bag of popcorn, which really made him happy. The other staff members we saw were always working and asking what they could do to help us. Honestly, the professional service from the staff enhanced our stay immeasurably.

Thanks for a great stay!! We will visit again when we come to the Dells!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. I'm happy to see all the positives you found while you were our guest. Even with the challenge of construction I'm happy to see everything went great! Your kind words are much appreciated and I will be sure to cover your review with the entire staff during our staff meeting. We look forward to the next time that we have the privilege to call you our guest.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!