“Great Family Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mannheim, Germany
“Great Family Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Wisconsin Dells and had a great time. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the microwave and mini-fridge were very helpful for our family. Breakfast in the morning was great--it really saves time and money for us to have a buffet breakfast at the hotel. The selection is good, too. They had healthy options (oatmeal, fresh fruit, light yogurt) as well as more traditional options (cinnamon rolls, sausage, biscuits, scrambled eggs).

The water park inside was PERFECT for our family. The kids loved the big slide (so did I, actually) and the pool. Our toddler loved the kiddie pool and stayed there as long as we let her. There was plenty of seating, lounge chairs and towels, as well as a lifeguard on duty in the afternoon, which we really appreciated. The whirlpool was very relaxing, especially after our five hour drive.

I also have to sing the praises of the staff on duty. They were very, very, very, very, very nice and seemed to genuinely care about our stay. There is some construction in the front of the hotel and at one point, the construction crew closed the road (hardly the hotel's fault). We had to park next door and walk a little bit. When I mentioned this to one of the staff, he apologized profusely and shook my hand. Sammie at the front desk is also great. She gave my son a bag of popcorn, which really made him happy. The other staff members we saw were always working and asking what they could do to help us. Honestly, the professional service from the staff enhanced our stay immeasurably.

Thanks for a great stay!! We will visit again when we come to the Dells!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. I'm happy to see all the positives you found while you were our guest. Even with the challenge of construction I'm happy to see everything went great! Your kind words are much appreciated and I will be sure to cover your review with the entire staff during our staff meeting. We look forward to the next time that we have the privilege to call you our guest.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hard to find. Check well before driving there because address is approximate on Google Maps (2 our GPSs failed). Construction is going on around the hotel (March 2013). We stayed there for 3 nights with my sister and her 2 kids (6 & 1 y.old). Front desk people were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, but it was overcrowded and we had to wait for a table to seat. Swimming pools are fine especially for kids 2-7 years old. I was surprised on the 2nd day when I gave housekeeper 5 $ and asked her to leave extra conditioner in the room she replied "Do you want me to clean the room?!" I said yes. When we came back that night we were surprised again because she did not remove the garbage from the room. So we got an idea that it is unusual for them to clean the rooms while guests are absent. The next morning before we left (around 11 am) we put a sign outside (on the handle) "please change the linens". We got back after 7 pm and our room was untouched. (tips were not collected though). It was too late to complain... so I decided to let front desk know the next day, but she did not ask me anything about my stay. So I decided to write a review here because it's very disappointing. We paid over 420 dollars for 3 nights and our room was not special - 2 queen size beds. I don't think I demand something special, just expected them to clean my room... Definitely will stay at another hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello,
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay. It is customer feedback that we use to better ourselves and your review will be used to do so. I was happy to see the positives you found during your stay and I also want to apologize for the issues you experienced while you were our guest. In regards to your gps has it been updated lately? My GM spent almost two months working with Google when he arrived here and our brand corporate office to ensure Google had the right placement for us. Once he got that updated I updated my gps and it brought me right to the hotel. I also apologize about the breakfast seating. That seems to be our biggest challenge when we are so busy. We did place tables in the game room and also have tables available in the activity room but sometimes that still is not enough. I have printed off your review to cover with our head housekeeper so the housekeeping issue will be addressed. We have a staff meeting every week and your review will be the first one I cover to ensure you or any other guest that may stay with us again will not experience the same issue. I understand how frustrating that can be and I do apologize. Thank you once again for filling out a review, I hope we have another opportunity to call you our guest in the near future.
Woodbury, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When visiting Wisconsin Dells and you are opting not to stay at one of the water park hotels, the Holiday Inn Express may be a nice option for you. The rooms are what you would expect from the brand name. Clean and comfortable. There is a pretty good sized indoor pool area that is perfect for youngsters with a slide. There is also an outdoor (seasonal) pool available. The breakfast was probably one of the better ones available with sausage, eggs, cereals, fruit, yogurts, and pancakes. It is located near many restaurants and an outlet mall.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We decided on the afternoon of the day before our trip to Wisconsin Dells (to stay at The Wilderness Resort), to leave that night because a snow storm was expected the morning of our departure. The drive from St. Paul is about 3 hours and 15 minutes in good conditions. This the hotel we decided on.

We did not leave home until evening, so we arrived here at about 10:PM. Check-in was quick and friendly. I was traveling with my wife and two sons so I booked a double queen suite. The beds at Holiday Inns i have stayed at in the past have been very comfortable; this was no exception, I slept like a baby. I did wear earplugs (as I usually do at hotels) because I did notice I could hear hallway noise somewhat easily from our room. The room was clean and decently decorated.

In the morning we went down for the complementary breakfast. I love the breakfasts at holiday inn. Don't expect a country club buffet and you can't go wrong. Biscuits and sausage gravy, awesome gooey cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, bagels, juice, milk and coffee... And all you can eat! We quickly had our fill with a view of their small indoor waterpark. Nicer than your average hotel indoor pool, but in Wisconsin Dells it does not stand out. I'm sure it would be fine if we were staying longer.

Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells for one night prior to a conference this week. I rented the two bedroom whirlpool suite, which was much more spacious than indicated on the hotel's website. This hotel was a great deal. The room price was quite a bit cheaper than similiarly priced rooms at other local hotels. More importantly, all of the hotel staff that I encountered during my stay were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel breakfast was great and included a variety of hot and cold items. Even though my room was right next to an elevator and the first floor entrance, it was incredibly quiet in my room. My only complaint about the room would be that the bed was not particularly comfortable. Otherwise, this was a great deal and I'd come back to stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for business. Front desk staff very kind and called the room ten minutes after check-in to see if I needed anything. Pillows were comfortable and room was plenty large. Unfortunately, the walls were thin and I could hear my neighbor's TV and mumbled phone conversations. Additionally, the towels were the least soft of any hotel towels I have yet to encounter. The breakfast was mediocre. If I was in the Dells again, I would try another place before coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Molly A,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells. I do apologize for the noise issues you experienced while you were here. I will be covering your review with my GM to see what we can come up with so that you or any other guest that stays with us doesn't have to experience the same issue you unfortunately had to deal with. I'm very happy to see the positives you mentioned while you were here. We take pride in having such a friendly staff and feel every customer deserves to be treated with a smile and all the help we can offer! In regards to the breakfast we have to stick to brand standards. This does sometimes limit what we can offer but we try to have enough things so that everyone can find something that they enjoy. I do hope you are willing to stay with us again as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest.
Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

A collegue and I stopped in this hotel one evening when the roads were getting bad. We had no reservations but Christina at front desk got us checked in quickly and efficiently. She was freindly and helpful, got us the rooms we wanted, familiarized us with the hotel and recommended a great place to eat. As Priority Club membes who travel all over the country we felt Christina demonstrated exceptional cutomer service. Would definitly stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone just based upon our experience with the staff and cutomer service.

Room Tip: Would recommend third floor. Stayed on second floor and there was alot of noise from kids running a...