“Clean, Nice, and Updated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Clean, Nice, and Updated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When visiting Wisconsin Dells and you are opting not to stay at one of the water park hotels, the Holiday Inn Express may be a nice option for you. The rooms are what you would expect from the brand name. Clean and comfortable. There is a pretty good sized indoor pool area that is perfect for youngsters with a slide. There is also an outdoor (seasonal) pool available. The breakfast was probably one of the better ones available with sausage, eggs, cereals, fruit, yogurts, and pancakes. It is located near many restaurants and an outlet mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We decided on the afternoon of the day before our trip to Wisconsin Dells (to stay at The Wilderness Resort), to leave that night because a snow storm was expected the morning of our departure. The drive from St. Paul is about 3 hours and 15 minutes in good conditions. This the hotel we decided on.

We did not leave home until evening, so we arrived here at about 10:PM. Check-in was quick and friendly. I was traveling with my wife and two sons so I booked a double queen suite. The beds at Holiday Inns i have stayed at in the past have been very comfortable; this was no exception, I slept like a baby. I did wear earplugs (as I usually do at hotels) because I did notice I could hear hallway noise somewhat easily from our room. The room was clean and decently decorated.

In the morning we went down for the complementary breakfast. I love the breakfasts at holiday inn. Don't expect a country club buffet and you can't go wrong. Biscuits and sausage gravy, awesome gooey cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, pancakes, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, bagels, juice, milk and coffee... And all you can eat! We quickly had our fill with a view of their small indoor waterpark. Nicer than your average hotel indoor pool, but in Wisconsin Dells it does not stand out. I'm sure it would be fine if we were staying longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells for one night prior to a conference this week. I rented the two bedroom whirlpool suite, which was much more spacious than indicated on the hotel's website. This hotel was a great deal. The room price was quite a bit cheaper than similiarly priced rooms at other local hotels. More importantly, all of the hotel staff that I encountered during my stay were incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel breakfast was great and included a variety of hot and cold items. Even though my room was right next to an elevator and the first floor entrance, it was incredibly quiet in my room. My only complaint about the room would be that the bed was not particularly comfortable. Otherwise, this was a great deal and I'd come back to stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for business. Front desk staff very kind and called the room ten minutes after check-in to see if I needed anything. Pillows were comfortable and room was plenty large. Unfortunately, the walls were thin and I could hear my neighbor's TV and mumbled phone conversations. Additionally, the towels were the least soft of any hotel towels I have yet to encounter. The breakfast was mediocre. If I was in the Dells again, I would try another place before coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Molly A,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells. I do apologize for the noise issues you experienced while you were here. I will be covering your review with my GM to see what we can come up with so that you or any other guest that stays with us doesn't have to experience the same issue you unfortunately had to deal with. I'm very happy to see the positives you mentioned while you were here. We take pride in having such a friendly staff and feel every customer deserves to be treated with a smile and all the help we can offer! In regards to the breakfast we have to stick to brand standards. This does sometimes limit what we can offer but we try to have enough things so that everyone can find something that they enjoy. I do hope you are willing to stay with us again as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest.
Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

A collegue and I stopped in this hotel one evening when the roads were getting bad. We had no reservations but Christina at front desk got us checked in quickly and efficiently. She was freindly and helpful, got us the rooms we wanted, familiarized us with the hotel and recommended a great place to eat. As Priority Club membes who travel all over the country we felt Christina demonstrated exceptional cutomer service. Would definitly stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone just based upon our experience with the staff and cutomer service.

Room Tip: Would recommend third floor. Stayed on second floor and there was alot of noise from kids running a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here once before during the busy season and it was everything I had hoped, so I tried it in the off season and nothing had changed. I recommend this hotel based on they covered every base. I appreciated the follow up phone call about 20 minutes after getting in to your room as it gave me a chance for any questions afetr the check in. Very good freeway location and booked on Priceline which always offers up a great deal.

Room Tip: Upper floor end of hall never does me wrong
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Nothing really spectacular here but then again, nothing really wrong either. Quiet, comfortable, very good price.

It does provide a great value for those with kids who want to do a day pass at one of the mega resorts. They do have a nice large waterpark of sorts inside the hotel but it is not like others in the town.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!