“Met basic needs, but walls were thin” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
“Met basic needs, but walls were thin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for business. Front desk staff very kind and called the room ten minutes after check-in to see if I needed anything. Pillows were comfortable and room was plenty large. Unfortunately, the walls were thin and I could hear my neighbor's TV and mumbled phone conversations. Additionally, the towels were the least soft of any hotel towels I have yet to encounter. The breakfast was mediocre. If I was in the Dells again, I would try another place before coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Molly A,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review in regards to your most recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Wisconsin Dells. I do apologize for the noise issues you experienced while you were here. I will be covering your review with my GM to see what we can come up with so that you or any other guest that stays with us doesn't have to experience the same issue you unfortunately had to deal with. I'm very happy to see the positives you mentioned while you were here. We take pride in having such a friendly staff and feel every customer deserves to be treated with a smile and all the help we can offer! In regards to the breakfast we have to stick to brand standards. This does sometimes limit what we can offer but we try to have enough things so that everyone can find something that they enjoy. I do hope you are willing to stay with us again as we feel it is a privilege to call you our guest.

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

A collegue and I stopped in this hotel one evening when the roads were getting bad. We had no reservations but Christina at front desk got us checked in quickly and efficiently. She was freindly and helpful, got us the rooms we wanted, familiarized us with the hotel and recommended a great place to eat. As Priority Club membes who travel all over the country we felt Christina demonstrated exceptional cutomer service. Would definitly stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone just based upon our experience with the staff and cutomer service.

Room Tip: Would recommend third floor. Stayed on second floor and there was alot of noise from kids running a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed here once before during the busy season and it was everything I had hoped, so I tried it in the off season and nothing had changed. I recommend this hotel based on they covered every base. I appreciated the follow up phone call about 20 minutes after getting in to your room as it gave me a chance for any questions afetr the check in. Very good freeway location and booked on Priceline which always offers up a great deal.

Room Tip: Upper floor end of hall never does me wrong
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Nothing really spectacular here but then again, nothing really wrong either. Quiet, comfortable, very good price.

It does provide a great value for those with kids who want to do a day pass at one of the mega resorts. They do have a nice large waterpark of sorts inside the hotel but it is not like others in the town.

• Stayed January 2013
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our hockey team had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express. It was located right across the street from the main ice arena we played at and only 15 minutes from the other.

Clean rooms, great staff, tasty breakfast...who could ask for more? It was also right across the street from Tanger Outlet Mall and Buffalo Phil's where we had a great team dinner! The pool was nice, the kids loved the water slide and the hot tub was perfect after sitting in a freezing rink!

They were also so kind to offer us a discounted rate (for an additional night stay) due to weather. They were very helpful and easy to work with!

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was excellent, from the cleanliness to the helpful staff to the updated apearance. My only complaint was some of the other guests staying there were not courteous at all! People talking loudly in the halls at 7am... and the people in the room above us sounded like they were doing Zumba or something and were going to fall through the ceiling. The hotel itself was great though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and posting a review. We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to see how enjoyable your stay was! We really do strive for outstanding customer service and its great to see the hard work the staff has put in paying off! We do apologize for the noise issue you unfortunately had to deal with. Common courtesy just isn't as common anymore which is unfortunate. We are always looking for ways to battle noise issues and will continue to do so. We look forward to next time we can call you our guest and we hope you have a GREAT day!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel check-in was easy, Chris was professional and very welcoming. My husband and I went for our anniversary and couldn't be more satisfied! The hot tub and indoor pool was clean, there was a water slide and for kids it's great and also plenty of room to relax around the pool if you are going without children. I was amazed by the attention of the hotel employees, Chris not only ran the front desk for a while but also found the time to change the coffee's and wipe around the area to keep it spotless, and keep abreast of the front desk needs. They have a nice breakfast, eggs, sausage, bagels, pancakes, cereal, cinnamon rolls, fruit, juice, etc. Always being refilled and cleaned! Our room was a king very spacious, quiet and clean. I forgot a toothbrush so I requested one from one of the staff and she offered me one with a toothpaste with a smile! How about that, a smile. In many of other hotels I have stayed at, as of late, never a smile. If there was one negative and only one was the bathroom was a little small but very, very clean. There was a slight error with my bill and was quickly rectified by Christina, the hotel manager with a smile. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone with families, couples, etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate all the feed back and we look forward to the next time we have the privilege of calling you our guest!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!