“Recommended only if you have Children” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells

You added Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersBronze level
Des Moines, Iowa
“Recommended only if you have Children”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel check-in was quick and easy, the staff was very nice, the room was clean and the breakfast was decent. What I did not enjoy was the kids running up and down the halls, yelling and squealing in sheer joy all night. It isn't fair to dock the hotel for this as I know it is the parents that seem to believe that staying in a hotel gives their kids the opportunity to do all the things they can't do at home.

If you have children, the pool is great. It has a nice slide and play areas. If you do not have children I would not recommend staying here. There are a lot of hotels in the area for the same price that are less kid-oriented. I wish I would've checked into the hotel a little more before booking it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have children.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn express. We do apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay and we try to regulate this but as you noted it is hard to do sometimes. We will continue to try as it is hotel policy to ensure all guest are 100% satisfied. I'm glad to see the positives you enjoyed like breakfast, clean rooms, and a friendly staff. In our management meeting I will bring up your review and see what we can do to regulate the kids after quiet hours. Once again we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I will start this in all fairness: the person at the frontdesk at checkout apologized profusely and said "I want you to be happy with your stay" and took 20% off our room rate, but the only way to be happy was if it never happened in the first place.

We stopped in late evening with no reservations out of all the hotels in the area because we've had good stays at other Holiday Inns. The check in was good, the front desk was polite and helpful. We dropped our bag in the room, went out to dinner. We got back, unpacked cleaned up for bed, pulled down the sheets to get into bed.... the sheets were dirty.... not a stray hair dirty- "fluid" stained dirty. DISGUSTING. I will not post the picture. We called the front desk and he apologized and asked if we wanted another set of sheets. Seriously?!? No, I want a clean room. He asked we come down stairs, he would get us another room. I repacked and husband went down to get another room. They put is in the next room. Great.... same housekeeper's name on the "Welcome" card that "cleaned" the first room. Check of the room: bathroom, sheets and everything seems clean.... (But so did room one). These sheets were not slept in.

Even though there are two employees at front desk, they ask husband to return downstairs with second key. The correct customer service would have been to come upstairs and retrieve key, confirm the new room for cleanliness, apologize again and offer to move our bags. OK, it was just the next room over and we didn't need our bags moved, but OFFER.

Next morning: I laughed at the bill under the door, no mention of incident, only a note from Director of Operations and Thank You note for "staying smart" and please review hotel on Trip Advisor. It was Sunday before Christmas, I could have left Dir of Ops a voice mail, but front desk seemed to have it handled. At checkout, front desk was polite and very apologetic and said she would speak to housekeeping. She did ask what it would take to make me happy. Unfortunately you can't undo what happened. I did not ask for full refund as we did choose to stay the night. We did not leave a tip for housekeeping this stay.

Confirmation #67738699

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I have printed off your review and will be sure to cover it with all the departments in the hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies as I know how frustrating an issue like this can be. I'm happy to hear the front desk tried to make things right in your eyes but I understand that this is not acceptable. I will be sure to cover this with our head housekeeper and the housekeeping team to ensure an issue like this never happens to you or any other guest who stays at our property. Guest service and cleanliness are two things we take great pride in as we know the customers choices are endless when it comes to choices for accommodations here in Wisconsin Dells. We feel privileged when a guest chooses us instead of the other properties and it is our goal to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied. Next time you are in town I'm hoping you will give us another chance to show you this is not a reoccurring issue. If you ever want to talk about this in more detail please feel free to give me a call or if your at the hotel stop in my office, as the door is always open. Once again we appreciate the feedback and we hope you will accept our most sincere apologies.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and me just stayed at holiday inn express On 12-29-12 threw 12-30-12. This hotel has a very nice pool for older kids and another pool for little kids. The hotel has a nice sized hot-tub right next to the indoor pool. They have a nice breakfast were u can get sausage, eggs, toast, bagels, etc... The indoor pool has a few water slides which are fun. They have an out door pool for the summer which has one water slide. They have a 24 hour work out room. The hotels rooms are very clean and big. For the winter the heat inside the rooms are very warm but they are a little loud. But overall the holiday inn express is a very clean hotel that has a pool for any ages from babies to adults. So if u want a good hotel that is not expensive stay at holiday inn express in Wisconsin Dells. Also just to inform u there is also an arcade for kids of any age.

Room Tip: If u have a family of 4 get the double queen room which has 2 queen beds. P.S very comfortable beds...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time and filling out a review about your most recent stay with us! We look forward to the next time we have the privilege to call you our guest!
White Pigeon, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We reserved a room at this hotel after looking through pictures online. I found them to be a bit deceiving. The pool area was much smaller than the pictures led on. The rooms were also quite smaller than I have seen at other holiday inn locations. I was also displeased with the fact that when I reserved online it gave me a final price but when the charge went through there was an extra $50 added. Nowhere did it tell me that they would charge my card additional funds. When I asked the front desk about it I was told that there was a $25 fee added per night in case any calls were made or damages were done. I think this is something that I should have been told before the charge was made. Then I was advised that the money would be refunded to me approximately 5 business days after check out. I think that is unacceptable! Other than that, the room was clean, and the staff was professional and kind.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
First off I just want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay with us. I'm sorry for the inconvenience the authorization caused you. It is standard hotel policy to authorize each customers card for incidentals. Incidentals range from added items from the suite shop, phone calls that may be made from the guest room, or even damages that may occur during a guest stay. We try to be proactive by posting a sign at the desk that an authorization will occur but we know that sometimes that is missed. I will definitely speak with our front desk manager and team about mentioning that as well to guest as they check in. Once you check out the authorization is released on our end it is just up to your bank to release it on theirs. I am very happy to read that you found our rooms to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We work hard to deliver a quality product with a guest service oriented staff. We look forward to next time we can call you our guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I was a little tepid on our stay after reading the reviews. The pool was quiet and peaceful for our 3 girls. They went constantly on the slide, great for ages under 10. Not a huge slide but good enough for our family needs. Room was decent nothing overly special. Standard 2 queen with microwave and fridge, no issues. However the service was fantastic!! When we arrived we were greeted with complimentary water for being a priority club member and got a free dice game. My daughter won us a 1000 bonus points. Then on the way out my wife asked if we could snag a aaa battery and the front desk gave us three!
Breakfast was on par with a Hampton inn or Fairfield. The pan cake maker rocked! The price was also the best part!

• Stayed December 2012
WisDellsHiexGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for the feedback in regards to your most recent stay! Im happy to see everything went great and your children were able to utilize our family friendly pool area! Customer service is something we work hard at and take pride in and its great to see it is noticed! We appreciate your feedback and business and are already looking forward to next time.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was a bit hard to get to even though you could see once you got off freeway.
Free breakfast with pancakes, cinn rolls, yogurt, juice, etc. Quailty was just okay, milk was spoiled.
Room was large with two queen beds plus hidebed. Hidebed was separated from rest of room.
Had frig and microwave.
Bathroom dated and small. Area around sink tight.
Getting to room was confusing as had to drive down a hill and look for a door that was hidden on first level.
Only half tiny water park was open.
Front desk in am worried about socializing vs customers and breakfast area.
Rooms were not quiet as could hear folks above us.
Room was clean.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us. We are always trying to better the guest experience and your feedback will be used to do so. I have printed off your review and have covered it with the breakfast supervisor, housekeeping supervisor, front desk team, and my general manager to ensure no other guest experiences the issues you had to experience. When checking in were you given a map of the hotel? The desk is trained to show the guest the easiest way to access the rooms and amenities of our property so that no guest is left wondering where to go. 100% guest satisfaction is what we strive for with every guest so next time you are in town I am hoping you will give us another chance to host you as our guest and show you these are not reoccurring issues.
Dousman, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express at the Dells. I was attending a conference at the Kalahari but couldn't get a room there. This worked to my advantage, I think, because the room I had at the Holiday Inn Express was very nice and it was very quiet. I can't imagine how noisy the rooms at the Kalahari would have been with all those screaming kids running around the place! I enjoyed the hot tub at the Holiday Inn in peace and quiet. This hotel is only a couple of doors down from the Kalahari and was very convienent. I also "enjoyed" a little side trip to the Ho Chunk casino which is about 10 miles or so from the hotel. I would recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Express when in the Lake Delton/Wis Dells area. The breakfast buffet was good, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!