I was here on Christmas eve with family & extended family. We got a good deal courtesy of a coupon from a friend which allowed us to get a room for $136 including taxes. It was a promotional rate offer with a $15 gas card and a $30 resort credit. Additionally, we got a set of ski and snow tubing coupons that was good for two hours of tubing or skiing. It all seemed too good to be true at first and I wasn't ready to believe it till I actually got the promotional certs. Good news is that the resort came through on all fronts.
Now, I noticed a lot of negative reviews about this resort and it needs some perspective. First, we stayed in the main building which is a nice lodge and directly connected to the indoor water park and theme park. I can see how it would be an inconvenience if one came during the summer months and got assigned a "village room". The entire road is an attractions strip apparently all owned by the Olympus Resorts company with accommodations that are motel style up and down the strip. I would imagine that maintenance and upkeep of these accommodations would indeed be a gargantuan task. In addition, there is something that you should know about the staff profile here.
Most of the staff here are part of the work and travel visa program and therefore come with various accents and various cultural backgrounds. That is interesting as well as a reason for some mistakes and misconceptions or miscommunication. I am not making an excuse for them but I am giving a reason why we as guests should be patient and pleasant. After all, they are getting an opportunity to know us as a country and if we are willing to interact with them, we would all be so better off. This is not the only place that is participating in such a program. Other resorts do too and in fact, Canada has such a program too. Interestingly, Canada is curtailing this program and that has generated a lot of flak with customers who apparently prefer the foreign ski instructors!
All in all, a good deal for this time of the year that gives the kids something to do. Recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort