My girlfriend and I stayed one night at the Mt. Olympus village. We stayed here because the price of the room was only $50, but $80 total when including taxes and resort fees We were in building 31, which is very close to the park.
The hotel room was NICE. I was worried about how the quality of the room would be when I looked at other reviews. But, maybe we were just given one of the better rooms because it's a slower time of year (right when the kids go back to school). It's a little strange however, being in a hotel that doesn't appear to have any staff on-site. The TV is an old tube tv, but we didn't come here to watch tv all day.
The resort was alright. There are 3 good roller coasters, and a few good water slides. I couldn't imagine this place being very fun in the winter since the indoor water park is pretty small, and because you have to drive to the resort from your hotel if you aren't staying in Hotel Rome, which is connected to the park. A shuttle would have been nice.
There's an adult only (18+) hot tub, but it isn't really enforced. It's also a lot louder in there than an adult hot tub should be. It would have been nice if there was an indoor/outdoor hot tub like the Kalahari has. Unfortunately it is lacking a swim-up bar...which the Kalahari has as well.
Our trip was a lot of fun, with little to complain about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort