“Fun Park, Campers are out of control, wifi never worked” 3 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Winnipeg, Canada
“Fun Park, Campers are out of control, wifi never worked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

First off I want to say that we had a great time at Mount Olympus. We went from August 15 - 20 and camped in their RV area.
Every single set of campers that was behind our RV site ended up being extremely loud and rude. They were up all hours of the night screaming and laughing, or playing their music very loudly. Who would have though this was a party place? I also noticed there was no security walking or driving around the camping area at all, they clearly do not enforce any "quiet times". I also went and complained on one occasion, but all I was told was that they would send "maintainence" out to check on things. No security? What is maintainence going to do?
We also could never get a signal for wifi the whole entire time we were there. We had to walk to the bathrooms or main picnic area.

The park itself was fun and clean and non smoking! I loved that, not that it stopped some people from lighting up, but at least we didn't have to sit around a bunch of smoke all day.
The rides were fun and we never ran out of things to do. If we go again we will avoid going on the weekend as it is very busy.

Another huge let down was that the Trojan Horse go cart ride didn't even go around the horse!
We waited for a very long time to ride that ride to not even be able to go on the entire ride!
They should have placed a sign saying that they have shut that part of the ride down. Don't be fooled and don't wait in line long for that ride, it isn't worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Tusayan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Be careful regarding rates. We were quoted one price on the phone $69.74 including taxes & NO resort fee (make sure you get agents name) and when we received bill - totally different! $69.74 a day, plus taxes & $20/day resort fee = $100.00 a day for a campsite! $20/day resort fee includes hotel amenities (even tho we stayed in their 'campground') and their 'free' WIFI, which was very iffy! So the advertisement "Stay - play free" no way you pay big time!

Plus one night we had people playing basketball very near our RV at 12:30 at night, had to call security, (quiet time is 11). Our last night they had someone come in and set up camp (site next to us - which is 10 feet tops) at 3:30-4:00 AM!!

Mt. Olympus is buying up all the smaller motels - they need some competition and training in Customer Service!!

(This is partially my fault I believed the agent and when we received our confirmation e-mail, I just scanned it!! Did not check the total charges!! Be Careful! Double check everything!)

Room Tip: Go to local RV park a block away!
Superior, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I read a lot of reviews before visiting this hotel and the best advise I got was don't say at the Village. Very helpful! We stayed at the Hotel Rome and the only complaint I have is that the walls are thin and you can hear everything that's going on outside the door. The kids had an awesome time in the water park and on the rides. I like how you don't have to bring any money into the park, you can just use your pass to charge it to your room. The staff was very friendly and overall its not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: Unless you like motels and don't plan on staying in your room very much, pick the Hotel Rome.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

False advertising on the website!! Tried to upgrade from our prison cell room and was offered a campsite ! ( like we keep our tent in our truck!! Lol).
We checked out after one night and went to the best western ! That was great! Cheaper , nicer and they even served us breakfast!
Mt Olympus NEVER even offered to compensate us or was worried about our business. Horrible customer service!
Very disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband had this great idea to go to the Dells on our annual trip to Wisconsin. I read the reviews on trip advisor and opted to upgrade our room to the Rome Hotel because I don't like motels. I don't care for outside room doors. **Please read the fine print. If you buy the less expensive Village rooms, you WILL be sleeping in an off-property MOTEL! The Rome Hotel was about $400 more for our 4 night stay, just pay it. It's a step lower than the Holiday Inn, I hope that helps.

The rides are excellent. The water park is excellent. Your kids will enjoy those. I felt safe in the park too, worth mentioning. We allowed our two (10 & 14) to roam alone, lots of staff. Take your beach towels and water socks. Lots of shade but the ground is hot.

The food is a bit expensive, but tasty. The staff is young and from other countries, but they're very sweet and patient. The adult drinks are really good and reasonably priced for a park.

The room was clean. I did NOT see bugs or dirty sheets or towels. The property is just a little worn out, but not dirty. The bathtub fixtures were old and noisy, but we don't live there, so I put up with it. The fridge and micro were in working order. Flat screen was a bit small but worked. I really like the floor, appears cleaner than carpet. Lighting was not the best. Kinda sucked, actually. AC was good.

The halls were loud at night with kids' laughter and talking, but that's just kids. Third floor is the quietest.

Parking is wonderful if you stay at the Rome Hotel. Otherwise you have to park in other areas so be warned and don't complain, because no one will listen. We overheard some complaining about parking.

The arm bands are brilliant, you can just charge your drinks and food to your room. Don't misplace them because they will charge you to replace it.

Overall, it was a pleasant time for our family. Might consider staying again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

the mt. Olympus room felt like i was in college again i got a two queens size bed sine they don't have 1 queen or king bed the room was so small but the outside water park was so much fun the Olympus is not for couples.

Room Tip: the bigger the room our more fun
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New Virginia, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay at Mt Olympus. I paid extra for the nicer theme room only to find it was an outdated hotel from the 70's. They painted a mural on the wall, which included painted on headboards- I am assuming to make the picture look like you are getting a quality room. It had an old tube tv, the microwave that was once white turned yellow and the lamp shade had stains, and the bathroom door would not stay shut when the exhaust fan was on. This was not the worst part of our stay. The mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel itself way very loud at night, and each night around 2 am I heard police radios, which I hope was just the security guard. I would never stay here again. I fell for the free park pass incentive, I would have been much happier to stay somewhere else and buy the passes, because the hotel itself was only worth about $40 per night but we paid $160.00- what a rip off. The Dells were a lot of fun but I will never stay at Mt Olympus again.

Room Tip: Don't book hear. If you want to go to Mt Olympus theme park stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!