“Don't stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars

1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Don't stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

False advertising on the website!! Tried to upgrade from our prison cell room and was offered a campsite ! ( like we keep our tent in our truck!! Lol).
We checked out after one night and went to the best western ! That was great! Cheaper , nicer and they even served us breakfast!
Mt Olympus NEVER even offered to compensate us or was worried about our business. Horrible customer service!
Very disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband had this great idea to go to the Dells on our annual trip to Wisconsin. I read the reviews on trip advisor and opted to upgrade our room to the Rome Hotel because I don't like motels. I don't care for outside room doors. **Please read the fine print. If you buy the less expensive Village rooms, you WILL be sleeping in an off-property MOTEL! The Rome Hotel was about $400 more for our 4 night stay, just pay it. It's a step lower than the Holiday Inn, I hope that helps.

The rides are excellent. The water park is excellent. Your kids will enjoy those. I felt safe in the park too, worth mentioning. We allowed our two (10 & 14) to roam alone, lots of staff. Take your beach towels and water socks. Lots of shade but the ground is hot.

The food is a bit expensive, but tasty. The staff is young and from other countries, but they're very sweet and patient. The adult drinks are really good and reasonably priced for a park.

The room was clean. I did NOT see bugs or dirty sheets or towels. The property is just a little worn out, but not dirty. The bathtub fixtures were old and noisy, but we don't live there, so I put up with it. The fridge and micro were in working order. Flat screen was a bit small but worked. I really like the floor, appears cleaner than carpet. Lighting was not the best. Kinda sucked, actually. AC was good.

The halls were loud at night with kids' laughter and talking, but that's just kids. Third floor is the quietest.

Parking is wonderful if you stay at the Rome Hotel. Otherwise you have to park in other areas so be warned and don't complain, because no one will listen. We overheard some complaining about parking.

The arm bands are brilliant, you can just charge your drinks and food to your room. Don't misplace them because they will charge you to replace it.

Overall, it was a pleasant time for our family. Might consider staying again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

the mt. Olympus room felt like i was in college again i got a two queens size bed sine they don't have 1 queen or king bed the room was so small but the outside water park was so much fun the Olympus is not for couples.

Room Tip: the bigger the room our more fun
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New Virginia, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay at Mt Olympus. I paid extra for the nicer theme room only to find it was an outdated hotel from the 70's. They painted a mural on the wall, which included painted on headboards- I am assuming to make the picture look like you are getting a quality room. It had an old tube tv, the microwave that was once white turned yellow and the lamp shade had stains, and the bathroom door would not stay shut when the exhaust fan was on. This was not the worst part of our stay. The mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel itself way very loud at night, and each night around 2 am I heard police radios, which I hope was just the security guard. I would never stay here again. I fell for the free park pass incentive, I would have been much happier to stay somewhere else and buy the passes, because the hotel itself was only worth about $40 per night but we paid $160.00- what a rip off. The Dells were a lot of fun but I will never stay at Mt Olympus again.

Room Tip: Don't book hear. If you want to go to Mt Olympus theme park stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Being a seasoned Dells visitor, we thought we should overlook the poor reviews and book for the money. A HUGE mistake! The entire layout of driving, parking and checking in is a total joke and starts the foundation for more frustrations to come. The room was like a barrack but worse. The AC unit was SO loud screaming every 15 minutes no one got any sleep. (Maintance never fixed) The water isn't heated in any pool so its never comfortable. The guest parking lot is a far walk up a hill and after 5 they lock the sidewalk so all guests are forced to walk on tge streets w the cars. Totally unsafe. Staff is rude and most struggle with English. Thankfully we had passes to Noahs Arc. (A fabulous park) I'd highly recommend staying anywhere else. The park and amenities have little value and the owners clearly value money vs guest satisfaction. (Yogi camp is awesome as are the grounds and cabins.)

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We were in hotel 21, about 1-2 miles from the water/theme park. Way to many different hotels we could see. We were not given the option to which building we were in. Headboards were painted on, which we thought was funny ;-) kept our do not disturbed sign on door to try to tell people to be quiet (we were by elevator and ice machine!!!!). Door a was always propped open, didn't feel very safe there( anyone could walk in!).

Otherwise very clean, no bugs- like others said. Would stay again!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Mt Olympus is lucky it has one of the only theme park in the dells otherwise there is no reason to stay here. Their customer service is beyond horrible we got here and had to wait over 4 hours for our room to be ready, all we heard is your room will be ready between 1 and 4, I felt like I was waiting for the cable guy to come. Every time I checked to get an update and an actual time I got the same response. I was ready to leave the first day and I'll never come back to this hotel. You're better served to stay at a hotel and by tickets to come in, hopefully you won't have to wait 4 hours to get in. This place is horrible.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!