“2.5 star really” 3 of 5 stars

1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“2.5 star really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This trip was booked for a girls week stay to enjoy the Dells, no kids included. We knew our hotel would be offsite from the main park (building #19), it was 2+ miles away. Check in was supposed to be 4, we did early check in at 3, our room was not ready until 4:30. The hotel room did not look anything like the pictures online. The queen size bed was more of a full size, even though the hotel assured us it was truly queen. The only plus for our spot was the location of #19 bldg being right by the downtown main street, walking distance to bars, restaurants and shops. This is not a place you would want to stay with kids, there is nothing there for them to do. You would have to walk or drive them somewhere for any entertainment. There is only 1 shuttle to the night club, that does not start until 9 at night. The main water/ride park is extremely overcrowded with Mt Olympus having 30+ off-site buildings plus visitors buying in for the day, you cannot swim, you are waiting too long in lines for the slides/rides. You will spend most of your time walking. I would not take my kids/family here but for a girls/adult week it was OK. TIP: If you like coffee bring a coffee maker, there is only instant packets with no coffee maker and just plastic cups...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Benton Harbor mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed there 4 nights in building 26; at first glance room looks clean, but the bathroom shows a few mildew spots on the shower walls and ceiling..otherwise I guess for the price not too bad!

If you are having difficulty walking, you might want to pay a little more and be closer to the park.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have made Mount Olympus our family's annual summer (and winter) vacation getaway resort. I am a mother of two children (7 & 8 year olds), and I must admit that I'm not the easiest person to please when it comes to cleanliness and overall service when we vacation. I have NEVER had an issue with either cleanliness of the rooms we have stayed in (and cleanliness of the entire resort in general) or the customer service we have received at Mount Olympus. In fact we were just there last week, and a little girl had an accident in one of the bathroom stalls (which I noticed when I was washing my hands), I informed the first employee I saw upon exiting the restroom about the situation. I was COMPLETELY IMPRESSED at how quickly they sent someone that IMMEDIATELY cleaned up the mess. It's situations like these that I pay attention to that show us as vacationing guests (and mothers) that cleanliness is also very important to this resort staff (which I'm sure all moms can agree is a BIG plus). This year our family has traveled more than other years, but this hotel and location is one of our favorites YEAR AFTER YEAR! I must say we are EXHAUSTED by the end of EVERY day from ALL of the waterpark pools, slides, rides, and games (but luckily there is a bar & grill right next to the lobby where my husband and I can enjoy a nice glass of wine while watching the kids play in the arcade/game room. I do not write reviews often, but I wanted to share my family's vacationing experience in the Dells, and that year after year we have always enjoyed our stay at Mount Olympus. I would DEFINITELY recommend anyone with or without children to stay at Mount Olympus Resort when planning a trip to Wisconsin Dells!!! :)

• Stayed August 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you are looking to pay more for less this is the place for you. I booked a room that I thought was at Mt Olympus, instead they placed me in an old off site motel. They said I could walk the mile from my motel to the resort. They said my reservation noted this. I checked and it was there in 6pt font.

The motel was old, extremely old and nothing superior about it. It felt like I was in Walmart, poor service with a big crowd to make your visit feel not like a vacation but isntead a job.

The resort says it is a $45 entrance fee to the waterpark, however there is a permanent billboard that says "Today only $15!" So basically it is always $15 for anyone who wants to to visit this resort, which makes it packed and hard to move in. Additionally, this resort allows smokers of e-cigarettes so you get to inhale that too while you are at the water park. When you add this to the mile walk from your motel room to the waterpark it was anything but kid friendly. Kids can do an whole lot of whining when they have to walk that far to and from the room.

I dont recommend it. Stay anywhere else and if you want to visit this place spend the $15 instead of staying at the resort, you are just as far away from the resort when you are in one of their hotels as if you stayed at a totally different motel.

The other issue is that all of the employees are from non-English speaking countries. This resort has them pay them to come and work for them. Some speak good English, most do not, so good luck trying to get your food the way you want it, they don't know what you are telling them to get it right.

I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Where do I begin. First, it is a cramped space with one bathroom and no camp staff. You register in the hotel office and are left to your own devices after that. We stayed in an overpriced tent that sloped down hill and was so lumpy with rocks it hurt! You are so close to everyone else that you can hear any little noise and since there is no camp staff people stay up all night having huge parties. I was absolutely disgusted with this place. Parties, car alarms, horrible rocky tent, feces on the floor in the bathroom, music blaring, babies crying, and people touching your tent. It was a nightmare. We called at 12:30 am begging for another accommodation and was told it would be an additional $200 per night. The second night we switched spots, but had a large bachelor party across from us all night that was rowdy. What a waste of money!!! If you are desperate enough to consider this place, just stay in your car at the Walmart parking lot!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother with this place!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

When we reached there the resort looked like its name.. Mt. Olympus but as we treaded inside it slowly unraveled into an ok! place but still better than most.
1- Yes! They have parking and hotel access issue at the main Rome hotel building, its a one way in and one way out so if you for some reason wanted to go back you have to get out the main road and then get back in.
2- The entrance was great but when going to your room the elevator access was so small and the elevator itself was tiny (3 adults, 2 toddlers with 1 small stroller) I was absolutely unhappy and claustrophobic. To top it most of the guest were using the same one.
3- Indoor water park- It was raining that day so everyone piled up like sardines in this park. And there were so many code violations- people literally blocking the entrance, at some spots lifeguards were not paying attention or none present. Towels (2) were given with your wrist band (not impressed). Overall the indoor park was average sized if you can compare.
4- Indoor theme park was another separate building, a little walk. Very average insides, except some roman pillars and decor. Some rides one has to pay extra but most are included with the park entrance fee. You go in and you see lots of wasted space, they can easily put in more rides.
5- Rome hotel rooms were nicely different inside, all wooden floors, a nice set of bunk-bed for the kids and the decor was good too. But bathroom was just average. Now these rooms were the best and the central site to access all the parks. Any cheaper rooms you want are all on other lots and then everything is a drive and walk away. Looks like they just kept buying those small motels on the main street next to theirs, then gave them their theme look and included them into their resort/ property.
6.- The outdoor water-parks are in separate islands if you want to call them. The main beach like outdoor setting was the "Poseidon rage" , it also has big waves every fee minutes. nice! Lots of the big water and dry rides you have to pay separately and that wasnt too impressive.
My reviews are my own and come from my personal experience. And I dont easily get impressed, maybe I have varied levels of hotel, motel and resort experience.

Room Tip: Its a good resort for the price. Choose the Rome hotel which is right in the middle of everything bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We didn't stay at the resort itself but one of the "sister" resorts where you get the wristband still for the theme park and water park. The park was amazing the lines weren't very long and it was clean. The worst part about it was right where we entered there was a hill and it sucked to walk up and down that sucker multiple times a day. The food was pricey but we ate in our hotel anyways. There was an indoor water park and theme park but we didn't go in there cause it was sooo beautiful out ;) 9/10

Stayed July 2014

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!