“These are abandoned hotels.” 2 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Champaign
“These are abandoned hotels.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The hotel accommodations were horrific! Mt Olympus bought up all the small hotels in the area. Then went in, shut down the lovely pools and lobbies. What is left is a creepy, abandoned hotel! My kids were actually nervous about all the blacked out windows. There is no security in the hotel. The park was a full mile from our hotel. The rooms were awful. Double beds when we payed for queen, the bedding was paper thin, mismatched scrubby old furniture, yucky soap and shampoo. The park itself is fun but understaffed and not being kept up.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My girlfriends and I did a girls trip to the dells in June. We have been going to the Dells since we were kids and it was always a great time. Part of the excitement of the Dells was all the Motels along the main drive. It is a shame that Mt. Olympus has taken over the Dells. We were in building 6 so we were close to the water park which was nice. The room was nothing special- just a small hotel room. All the small hotel pools have been filled with concrete so you are forced to go to the water park. I do not have any intentions of going back to the Dells anytime soon after this trip. It's just not the same now that the entire strip has blue and white motels all up and down it!

Room Tip: You do not have any control over what " village" you end up. You could end up miles away f...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Upon arrival and check in, I was disappointed to learn that our room was not in the main hotel area, but a good half mile down the road. The building our first room was in was very old and dingy looking. There were kids running up and down the hallway and one stepped right on my friends foot/ankle and didn't even apologize. Of course our room was right next to theirs. I understand the Dells is a family destination, but we were on vacation too. I called the main desk and asked to have our room changed. and was told it would cost an additional $110 to move into the main resort building. We stayed with our original room but moved to another building. The room was super basic and very outdated. It was raining out so we decided to go to the indoor waterpark, which was really nice. It is open an additional 3 hours for resort guests only and has an awesome adults only cove style hot tub. The next day we went to the outdoor water park which was also quite nice. There a lot of activities for younger children which was nice since the friends we met up with had a one and 5 year old. Bottom line: I'd look for another hotel when going back to the Dells.

Room Tip: Make sure you book in the Hotel Rome area if you stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
bonz65
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The campground (tents area) had carousers til after 2am!?! When the firecrackers blasted at 2:15am I went to find a Campground Host- THERE ISN'T ONE! Some guy walked behind our tent and urinated at 2:30am (bathroom wasn't twenty yards away) I wanted a refund but all they gave me was tickets to come back to the park. (8hr drive from home) THE PARK... concept & design = good. Roller coasters rocked! Lots of nails popping out of handrails and warped wood that is being neglected. A local told me it's under new ownership last few years and sliding downhill since. Whole place needs paint and TLC before it's too late. Water park was fun. Staff did not speak much English (blew their whistles alot and pointed) Tsunami wave pool was a hit with my kids.

Room Tip: Read title of review (repeat until it sinks in)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was the worst experience. The hotel was smelly and because they have so many village buildings(more than 30 motels they have bought), the waterpark and amusement park are over-run by people. The guests were rude and a lot of line jumping which made it tough get on anything. I will NEVER stay here again. I will stay closer to the freeway.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I just woke up from my first night here and I'm so unbelievably upset I am ready to just drive home early. The room is an apartment, hardly renovated and very broken. Toilet plugged, broken chair in the kitchen, tattered furniture. Loose fixture on the whirlpool, broken mirror over the whirlpool, broken thermostat, 1980's tube televisions, loose trimboards, and I can't complain without driving back to the resort because the phones do not work!

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh! Get me the HECK outta here!

The ride times are much longer than reported on the signs, the ride attendants are not consiststant with the rules (many children under 42" riding the Cyclops, a 48" minimum rollercoaster!), beligerant, profane woman allowed to ride the karts just because she wouldn't get off. Held up the ride an extra 15 minutes and when the ride was up it only got worse.

• Stayed July 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I just stayed at Mt. Olympus Resort for two nights. I am going to be completely honest in this posting. Mt. Olympus has a lot of activities for a family. Swimming, many pools, go-carts, roller coasters etc. and our room was clean, not great but clean. My issue is we were in a room that was so far away from the pools and activities. I had no idea the pool was not there on location. I have other issues... One of our rooms had a door for ajoining rooms that was missing a door, so basically the other room could get into ours. We switched rooms needless to say. We had a wonderful view of the lake outside our room however there was trash all over the ground outside our window. I would never stay here again and would not recommend.

Room Tip: I would not recommend
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!