“Dont waste your time!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #51 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Madison, Wisconsin
“Dont waste your time!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First off the rooms weren't what we expected, thought we were going too be onsite but ended up being blocks away. The room wasn't thoroughly cleaned, there were pubs all behind and at the base of the toilet. The customer service reps were on vacation, I guess, because they were definitely not trying to do any work. The shiesty indoor water and theme parks were a waste of time. I took my daughter for her 12th birthday and she was "too tall" for all the rides free with wristbands so we had to pay for everything else in the indoor theme park, which I felt was odd since parents could get on with their children that were "too small" for the rides. The chlorine in the water of the indoor water park was so strong I was scared to let the kids swim. If the fumes are strong enough to burn your nose and eyes just walking through then I'm sure its unsafe to swim in. Since Mt Olympus couldn't entertain us we went back to the room to make our own fun. I had a group of kids with me celebrating my daughter's birthday, my cousin stopped by our room on his way too the night club and lit a cigarette, stupid I know, but I immediately made him leave knowing the rules. A whole hour after the fact 4 Lake Delton Police and about 9 onsite workers were pounding on the door, the police said they weren't going to bother with it, but at 1230a with the adults slightly under the influence, management decided to evict us from our room after only being in the room for only about 3 hours because of a late check-in. My daughter was crying a river, you think they cared, NO, they just got us a luggage cart and told us we had 10 minutes. Not only did we not get a refund, even though I'm sure they rebooked the room for the remainder of the night by it being spring break, they charged me an additional $170 on top of the $380. I would've had a better experience getting rooms at the super 8. First impressions are forever and as far as Mt Olympus, I'M NOT IMPRESSED!!! If you can dish out a few extra hundred, its better to book at The Wilderness, Kalahari, Great Wolf, anywhere but Mt Olympus. Mt Olympus, not for the people, all about the money!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

556 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is the first time I stayed at Mount Olympus and I probably won't be back unless there is a really good rate on a room and we don't need to use the watermark.

We stayed at Hotel Rome room during a Tuesday-Friday period in March and I was impressed with the size of the room. We didn't have problems with noise like other people did. It was challenging to find an elevator near where they recommended we park. My mother has a bad knee and we ended up having to go back to the lobby to use the elevator and then walk quite a ways to our room. I also had to get our room keys changed multiple times. We had two people in the room and at first my mom's key worked and mine did not. I went back down to have my key fixed. When I went back, my key worked, but my mom was then locked out. Went back down again and they reactivated her key. This time we both went back and neither of the keys worked. The fourth time, they finally decided to give us new keys. Not once was there an apology and I had to wait in the check-in line each time (approximately 15-20 minutes each time).

The room was clean, but the hallway was dirty each day.

The waterpark and theme parks were small and disappointing for the ridiculous "resort" fee that we were charged. The pool was quite crowded so the lifeguards were letting kids run around the lazy river instead of staying in the tubes. The adult only hot tub policy was not enforced and there were a number of 2-7 year olds that came in with their parents/guardians. Other guests would mention that it was an adults only hot tub and different people (with different groups of children) would respond that it didn't matter because the employees wouldn't enforce the policy. This made it challenging for those that were looking forward to the adult only hot tub.

Most of the activities at the theme park cost extra money.

After our first few visits to the waterpark we decided to pay the day fees for other indoor waterparks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Website it deceiving. Booked ON-SITE @ Hotel Rome & were sent the the "village". Room was like being in the basement. OLD, musty, outdated, bed was hard as a rock. 1.5 miles from waterpark, when we expected to be on-site. Customer service was AWFUL, they offered nothing to keep the customer satisfied.
We checked in at 9 pm & checked out before 10pm, it was THAT bad. From the outside (when we pulled up), the indoor waterpark looked disgusting. Windows were so dirty that we could barely see inside & the water in the pool we could see looked gross & murky. There looked to be a TON of people in the tiny pool that we could see. Everything looked SO dirty.
At check-in we were told our room was off-site, so we'd have to drive back & forth, even though I booked ON-SITE & made absolute sure of it. They offered a room "upgrade" for $285, after we'd already paid $200! NO way. We decided to take the refund instead and leave, so we drove back home another 2.5 hrs at 10pm. Only 1 of our room keys worked, the other was useless. The kids didn't even get made, because they were so grossed out by the hotel room & the looks of the indoor waterpark. SUCH a huge disappointment. The fact that they have NO interest in making things right with the customer even is sickening. The reviews on facebook are all awful too & there are no responses from the company, so clearly they don't care when customers are unhappy, because they're making money and people are still staying there.
I'd stay FAR away from here. Next time we'll be staying at Kalahari or the Wilderness.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Congratulations on the acquisition of all your new properties. However, the only thing you have managed to do was put lipstick on a pig! Yeah you painted the outside of the building and put in cheap laminate floor with brand new wallpaper. But, when a person takes a closer look this is what they see. The backs of the buildings are still in disrepair, there are gaps in the shower tile which will eventually lead to mold issues, the trim is falling off the ceiling, you can hear your neighbors and their neighbors as if they are in your room, the "wood" flooring is uneven and sinks in when stepped on and the furniture is horrible! The beds are not sized properly and they are very uncomfortable.

Now the indoor water and theme park. What a JOKE these are! We spent a total of 1 hour and 15 minutes combined in both parks and we stayed at the resort for 4 days. The indoor water park was very small consisting of 2 hot tubs, 4 slides, a small lazy river and a very small kids area. There was enough chlorine to disinfect the entire state. Then we went to the indoor theme park...the theme should have been "LAME ATTRACTION". Most of what was inside was an additional charge to our wristband and only geared toward children.

In summary, do yourself and your family a huge favor and DO NOT stay here. Find a cheap hotel and buy day passes to the parks of your choice but please do not make this one of them. We will NEVER stay at this resort or recommend it to anyone we know or don't know. Maybe instead of building an island in a lake and putting a mansion on it the owner should have spent some of his money on upgrading the run down buildings he purchased.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I just arrived here today and I am very disatisfied. The room is dirty, very outdated and has a musty smell. We contacted the front desk and they switched us to another pitiful looking musty smelling room. I contacted the front desk again and asked to speak to a manager and was informed that there was not a manager available. The lady stated that she was a supervisor, so I explained the situation and all she said is that she didn't know how she could help!!

• Stayed April 2014
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I would like to first apologize for how dissatisfied you were with your stay. Our management team would like to connect further with you about your recent stay. Please contact them at 1-800-800-4997 at your earliest convenience. Thank you again!
Crown Point, In
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for spring break 2014 in March to save about 50.00 a night over the Wilderness Resort. What a big mistake! The waterpark was over crowded, not enough chairs and no chaise loungers; I'm talking patio chairs that cost $5.00 at Walmart. I felt like we were the victims for training all the new employees; most of whom were non English speaking from all different countries. I believe the person working the cash register should know the difference between $3.85 and $13.85. The indoor amusement park was tacky and their major attraction was down, rumor had it from a major injury, which some employees denied. Then why was the State there inspecting the roller coaster? Yes you could use the water park on the day of checkout...as long as you and the kids waited two hours for it to open in the video arcade, the only thing open at the time. There were no on site dining facilities, only a cafe with Starbucks at $5.50 a cup of plain coffee. Yes, you could scan your room wristband for $3.00 soft drinks and $6.00 wine coolers which showed only as concession on your bill. The rooms were nice and clean and had bunk style beds for families that slept six per room. I can't believe that I went back there after a bad $1000.00 camping mistake over Labor Day weekend. Pick the
Wilderness Resort down the road, a far better choice!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I would like to apologize for any inconveniences you endured during your stay. Our management team would like to connect further with you about your recent stay with us. Please feel free to contact them at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty, they would like a chance to make things right for you and your family. Thank you again!
Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Thought I would save $100 and book the village instead of staying at hotel Rome. 1st off the "map" they give you to get to your village is not accurate, second it's a cheap and run down building. We wanted joining rooms and got them, BUT no one in the building had a key to open the in between door, how dumb is that? Next time i think i will pay the extra $$$ and have a better experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a minute to share your experience with us. I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding there was with your room location and the trouble with the adjoining doors. We try our best to ensure our guest have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We do try to accommodate our guests the best way possible if they are not happy with the location or with the room it self by moving them to another location that would better accommodate them. If you would like to speak to our management team further about your stay please feel free to contact them at 1-800-800-4997. Thank you again!

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!