“Great experience at great price!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Great experience at great price!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Mt. Olympus in a room at Hotel Rome. When we arrived to check-in there was a bit of a line but went quickly and smoothly, then was greeted with a smile and a warm welcome from the front desk clerk. Our room was ready early which is always a plus, when we got to our room we were suprised about how much space there was, had a room with the two queen beds and a bunk bed. I personally liked the wood floors and the pictures on the walls, we headed to the indoor waterpark from there where the kids had a blast!!! (9 and 4 years old) spent a few hours there then went to check out the indoor theme park, the kids loved the rollercoaster, go carts, and bumper cars, as did I!!! After a long day in the parks we stopped by the pub and grill near the lobby we checked in at for dinner, they had items on the menu that pleased everybody in our group so no complaints there, very casual but nice. We did have some issues with noise later in the night with kids in the hallway which is expected at a family resort but called the front desk and they had someone up there promptly and it was resolved quickly. Can't wait to book our next vacation there in the summer so we can try all of the outdoor attractions and going to be bringing other families and friends to share the experience with us!!!

Room Tip: If you have smaller children or a large group I would say stay at Hotel Rome because it's right...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your Mt. Olympus experience with us. I'm happy to hear your and your family had a fun and pleasant stay with us! We are looking forward to seeing you back with us this summer. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Its a great place to go during the summer. Go karts, roller coasters, and a lot of water rides including the huge wave pool. During the winter there just isnt that much to do there. They offer skiing during the winter months, and golfing at Christmas Mountain during the summer.

• Stayed June 2013
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our outdoor water and theme parks during your June stay with us. We do hope to see you back with us again this summer. Thank you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Last night we were in room queen w/ bunk. Queen bed horrible springs poking didn't sleep well and back hurting this morning. I complained and was given upgraded room 2 queens w/bunk. Hopefully tonight I'll get better sleep. Not a lot to do here in winter months. And if you have 4& 5 year old like us they are pretty limited on what rides they can ride. And can't even drive the go carts, even though at home they drive their own 4 wheelers! They can't ride the indoor roller coaster, even with a parent! Only a couple baby rides, so don't bring this age for the amusement park!! The waterpark could use some painting, overall the 3 slides that are available in winter aren't bad. Nice area for toddlers and ones that can't swim. There were lots of nice young life guards stationed around. But kids had trouble understanding them as they are all foreign and don't speak English very well. Bar area drinks way over priced! $30 for a family of 4 to each have a chili dog and share 2 drinks..... A buzzer of some sort went off in empty room for over an hour , I did finally call the desk and he came and shut it off , said was a malfunction ... They also did have to bring us a new microwave as the other burnt 2 bags of popcorn yet didn't pop half a bag ... Will see how tonight goes.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your stay with us. I'm glad to hear the staff was able to accommodate you and move you to a upgraded room to make your stay more comfortable. I would like to take a moment and note that all attractions here in Wisconsin Dells have state safety regulations that need to be followed in order to make sure we keep our guests and their families safe while in our parks. These regulations do require guests to be of a certain height to ride or partake in each attraction. Again these rules are in place by the state to make sure everyone is safe. Guest safety is not something we take lightly here at Mt. Olympus. We do hope that you give us a try again in the future, maybe during the summer months when there are more attractions open out side in our water and theme parks that your children can enjoy. Thank you again!
Orland Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

On December 19th, i decided to book with them to try a different place. Normally we stay at Great Wolf, but i said hey, lets try something different. It would be a nice xmas present for the kids. So on Dec 19th, i pull up Mount Olympus. They had a great special $100 food and gift voucher and on the right on the webpage a blinking "$30 gas card" is i book within 24 hours. I was like, wow, great deal! So i book it, the as always, i call the hotel and make sure they see everything i booked from the website.
On Dec 19th, i called and spoke to a younger man and i verified that i had my $100 food credit and my $30 gas card. He says "I dont see the gas card" I said well on your site its flashing if i booked now it would be included. He pulled up their site and saw it and says yes you get it and made note of it. Ok great!

Fast forward to today February 3rd 2014. As i ALWAYS do when i book trips, i called a few days before to make sure everything was still good, accept this time everything wasnt good. I was informed i dont have the $100 food credit anymore and that it doesnt show it nor have i ever had it. After going back and forth with the person on the phone, i said i want the manager. Now im hot. I get the manager and she says there is nothing she can do becuase the rates i booked at dont coincide with the $100 food credit offer. I said i booked this nearly 2 months ago and thats what the offer was 2 months ago! She then starts kind of negotiating with me, well i can give you a $50 credit but i cant do $100. Now im just livid. I told her this was bait and switch and they were lucky i didnt wait til check in to find out because i would have fipped a lid. So when i wont budge on the "negotiation", She says i have two options "$50 food credit instead of the $100 or i can cancel my reservation with no fee"
Damn right i cancelled. Pretty shady place and i will NEVER attempt to stay there ever again.

I called and confirmed EVERYTHING the same day i booked it! i wanna pull my hair out.

SO now we are staying at chula vista for $25 more for the trip but i dont get the $50 credit and the $30 gas card. Fine by me, i wouldnt give the place a dime of my money, nor should you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. Our management team would like to connect further with you about your recent reservation booking. Please feel free to contact them at 1-800-800-4997 and ask for the manager on duty. Thank you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed the past 2 nights at Mt. Olympus with my wife and toddler son (in winter).

The indoor water park and indoor theme park were nice but relatively small. We spent most of our time in the water park. The water was very warm and the place was not very crowded, which was nice. There's a kiddie play land w/ wading pool and slides, a regular smallish pool, a lazy river and a couple of water slides (with tube rafts and without).

The indoor theme park was also nice but small. There were a couple of rides appropriate for my toddler son (teacups and trolley ride) and a few rides for older kids (bumper cars, go carts, roller coaster, and some games).

The food in the water park is pretty crappy, over-priced cafeteria food (hot dogs, burgers, nachos, pizza, salads) and the beer and drinks are expensive. Thankfully there is a "proudly serves Starbucks" coffee hut at the theme park.

To sum up the theme park and water park: Nice, but small. Not too crowded. Crappy, over-priced food available.

The hotel itself . . . we were lodging in an "off campus" motel thing a mile or so down the road. The room was big enough but lacked a lot of common ammenities. The wi-fi was so slow and unreliable it was basically unusable. The flooring was laminate "wood" with no carpeting or rugs, which quickly got messy in the winter time. The toilet was loud when flushing. The microwave was from the 80s or something (but worked). The mini fridge was big enough but sometimes loud. The hotel was also loud. we could hear lots of stomping from other guests. I'm sure our screaming toddler also kept our neighbors up late at night, too *sorry!

To sum up the hotel: Not on-campus. Wish the wi-fi worked. Could have been better.

Anyway, we paid less than 200 bucks including taxes and fees (through a promotion) for 2 nights in the winter, and we enjoyed the park enough, where it was worth it, despite the shortcomings.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the Rome Hotel. It's right on campus. everything else is a short drive aw...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I'm glad to hear that you, your wife and son enjoyed your time in our indoor water and theme parks during your stay! I do however apologize for the room amenities not being as enjoyable. I will be forwarding your review to the correct department heads for further review so we may take care of these issues for the future. I would like to thank you for reviewing our resort and sharing your stay with us. We do hope you stay with us again and give us another chance to give you and your family a more pleasant experience. Thank you again!
ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night July 2013. We stayed in the village which was a short drive to the water park and amusement park. We loved the rooms, clean and spacious. The check in was smooth and liked that when your room was ready they will text you. This hotel is a great value as it includes the water park and amusement park the entire day that you check out. We will return this summer !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your past stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed all the indoor and outdoor water and theme parks during your July stay with us! We can't wait to see you back with us again this summer!. Thank you for being a loyal guest !
Fountain, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband, 2-year old son and I stayed at Mt. Olympus, Hotel Rome last week (Wed-Sat). It was an OK place to stay. My son loved the water park and the amusement park. They had nice amenities for children that were his age/height. The hotel itself was another story. The first night we checked in, I called and asked for 2 extra pillows. 30 minutes later, the front desk called and asked if I had received my pillows yet. We had not. It took at least 20 more minutes before they came (and they are located in a locked storage bin right outside our room -- seriously don't understand why it took that look to get 2 pillows). Our toilet kept "sticking" and running a lot during our whole stay. I am 6 months pregnant and had THE WORST sleep I have ever had of my life on the mattress that we slept on. The springs were practically rising out of the mattress and it hurt my shoulders to lay on it. The last night we were there, my husband realized that someone had flipped the mattress over and we were laying on the "down" side that's not supposed to be slept on. When we flipped it back over, there was a HUGE stain on the mattress. I am not sure what it was but it left me feeling completely gross all night long (we were SO sleep-deprived that we made sure the stain was at our feet and put extra sheets on the bed and slept. After all, it was the last night we were there. When we checked out, I let the front desk staff know about the bed and all he could say was "I will let someone know about it". There was no real apology, no offer to comp some of our stay (I don't need a free night, but some sort of compensation would have been nice), nothing. He just said he would let the staff know about it. I was afraid we were going to get charged for it...no sign of it as of now.
Overall, I would say this place is an okay place to stay. Although when the hotel got busy on Friday night, the waterpark was packed and people aren't very nice. They are very rude in the lazy river pushing you and swimming under you, and the older kids run around the smaller kid pool and there were many times my son got sprayed in the face with water.
I don't think we will go back. Next year, we will try another place with an indoor waterpark and see how that goes.

Room Tip: Choose a room in Hotel Rome - it's connected and you don't have to travel outside to get to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to review our resort. I'm please to hear that your son enjoyed himself in our water and theme park. I however apologize for your dissatisfaction about your room accommodations. We strive to make our guests stay with us as enjoyable and comfortable as possible by trying to fix any issues that may arise during their stay. We would have been more than happy to fix your mattress issue for you so you would not of had such an uncomfortable nights sleep. If you would like to discuss this further with our management team they would be more then happy to speak with you and try to make this better for you. We would like a chance to have you back with us again in the future. Feel free to contact our team at 1-800-800-4997 and simply ask for the manager on duty. Thank you again!

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!