“These other people are crazy best value for your hard earned dollar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mt. Olympus Resort

You added Mt. Olympus Resort to your Saves list
Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #57 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“These other people are crazy best value for your hard earned dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place was great for our families budget they were very accomidating as we travelled with two other families, they were nice enough to put us closer together, I have spent a lot more at the Dells with the resorts not being very cooperative, anyway free entrance to the park (awesome). My family was very happy and we are planning on going back next year:)

• Stayed September 2013
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
It's awesome to hear that you and your family enjoyed your accommodations and your free use of the Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Parks during your stay. I want to thank you for taking the time to review us. We do hope to see you back with us again in the near future. Thank You again for staying with us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
O'Fallon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Well, let me start by saying that we read a lot of reviews, and were a little concerned about booking a trip. I am so glad I take things with a grain of salt. We checked in on Saturday, Oct 12, 13 at the main registration. The attendant, Ghenda, hopefully spelled correctly, was delightful; he took the time to answer all our questions, explain everything to us, and was very easy to understand.He sent us off to our room and told us to come back if there were any problems. Our room was in bldg 10, which is about a 3 minute drive to and from the main park. Our room was adequate; I did not pay 4 stars prices, so I wasn’t expecting a 4 star hotel. However, the hotel and our room were clean and properly stocked, with a small fridge, micro, TV, enough towels for 4, a small table for the kids to eat and color at, the beds had fresh linens and blankets. My only complaint about the room would be that the AC was a bit loud, but I was so tired at the end of the day, I didn’t even notice the sound once I went to sleep.

The indoor water park was well stocked with towels and life guards. The guards were attentive to needs and were in control of the water facilities. You need to get there early if you want chairs or tables, they are hard to come by during the middle of the day, when the park is most crowded, but I feel this is to be expected. The space was well used with a “ship” and slides for the smaller crew, a lazy river, two water slides a pool and two hot tubs. There are two areas with tables, and chairs all around the park.

The outdoor amusement park had minimal rides operating during this timeframe. I wish they had had a couple more of the kids rides open, but such is life. There was enough to do that we stayed in that area of the park for 4 hours and were able to ride the rides multiple times. My children didn’t stop laughing and smiling…(ages 5 and 4), and that is what I wanted! Most of the attendants were very interactive with the kids. Their favorite ride..the race track.

The indoor amusement park had few rides, an arcade and an interactive play area. My sons favorite was the “drop”, we went on that ride over and over and over. My daughter loved the bumper cars. They enjoyed “duck” bowling and the arcade as well. There was also an indoor race track and play area, with lots of nerf balls, air guns, slides, tubes and nets. This area was packed with kids of all ages and was probably the most popular area. My kids spent 2 hours in there and still didn’t want to leave.

Is the park expensive, yes, just as any amusement park is. A 14 inch pizza with 2 toppings, $24, sodas $3, a 16oz margarita $8.5, but again it is an amusement park and is to be expected. We didn’t pay parking, but I think I saw a sign that read $10 for day parking.

Overall, I was pleasantly pleased with Mt Olympus, the staff and facilities. My goal, to find a water park (because my children love water parks) where my kids could enjoy themselves and have a good time, without me having to spend a small fortune or travel a great distance. All of this was accomplished! We stayed 2 nights at Mt Olympus, enjoyed ourselves, watched the kids have a fabulous time traveled 6 hours, and spent well under $200 on these accommodations. (This mind you wouldn’t have paid for one night at another water resort).

Thanks Mt Olympus for a great time!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The family here at Mt. Olympus strive to make each guests stay with us comfortable and memorable as possible. We are very excited to hear your children really enjoyed themselves in our indoor theme park.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort and sharing your experience. It was most certainly our pleasure having you. See you back soon!
North of Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

What we noticed first was how disgusting the hotel carpets were. We did not understand how they could have that as your first impression going to your room. The room was clean, and looked nice however when you want to relax you realize they cut out any comfort. No regular chair, only hard wood ones. No coffee maker, no hand towels and no extra big towels to replace hand towels so we had to call. One small soap provided until we asked for more.
We did call down for items and thy were supplied quickly and by a friendly person.
Kids are allowed to run free and scream in the hallways, now this is a family hotel and of course some parents feel this is the way kids should act, but if you want sleep before mid-night you may not be able to. There were also large groups older kids/adults wandering the halls later at night which maybe what others suggested as not safe, I ducked into my room but had I needed go to other end of hallway I would not have gone.
If you have kids, the bunk rooms look cool, however, even in this hotel he walk to the roller coasters and bumper cars is far. Plenty of people were enjoying the indoor waterpark.
Hotel Rome does not accommodate adult guests well or do much of anything to cater to them. Our stay was complimentary due to timeshare, kind of "free" because we still had to pay a resort fee of $25 per day so not free as suggested, anyway even "free" would not get us back here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I have forwarded your review to the housekeeping and front desk management for review. I would like to thank you for bringing the situation to our attention so that we may take the appropriate steps to correct this with our team. Thank you also for taking the time to write this review, it helps our team better identify the areas in which we need to approve upon. I do hope you give Mt. Olympus another chance in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay with us further please contact our management team at info@mtolympuspark.com. Thank you again.
Tolono, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

No bugs, not dirty but not even close to my idea of accommodations I will return to. Look, my only request when traveling is that I stay in a place that is slightly nicer than home...other, why leave home? Lousy Wi-Fi, no breakfast, $2.50 for a 20 oz. bottle of soda from the vending machine in the hall and just plain mediocre service. Hotel Rome has TONS of great things for my six year old to do, this I like. Hotel Rome does not accommodate adult guests well or do much of anything to cater to them. Thank goodness my stay was complimentary based on a timeshare offer, I would be very disappointed if I'd spent my own money on this.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sad to hear that your stay was not enjoyable. I am however glad to hear that your 6 yr old had plenty to do, as this is one of our main goals as a family oriented destination. I do hope you and your family gives us another try in the future, maybe during the summer months when you are able to take advantage of all the great park amenities we have to offer in our outdoor water and theme parks. Thank You again and we really do hope to see you again.
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The park was good and had lots of fun for couple of days outing. But room was too bad as we got bed bugs. So I advice be careful when booking the park with room available on the park area. I have visited with family so I would say its one good experience with park but not with hotel stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in our parks during your stay. I however do apologize for the accommodation issue. Our team is fully trained in identifying and preventing the spread of Bed Bugs. We have professionally trained our staff with educational programs to make sure that our resort exceeds the highest level of cleanliness and safety. If you would like to speak to our management team further about this please feel free to contact them at info@mtolympuspark.com
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

First of all after a long day of traveling I thought it would be nice to relax in a hot bath. That was fine until mildew fell into my tub water. I got out quickly and called my husband who discovered that the drain, plug, and foset all had mildew. They did send house keeping to clean it. Then they promised trick or treating. All it was is the ride operator giving them a pice of candy when they got off big let down. On Saturday they only opened 2 roller coasters and not any of they kids rides. Our 5yr wAs heartbroken and bored. When we asked why they were not open the manage was rude and said to my 5yr old we don't have people to run it what do you expect me to do about it. That night we had to call the front desk mutable times because the people above us sounded like they were coming throw the ceiling. Then started again at 6:00 am. We told the manger all of the issues of being sleep deprived and very very disappointed and she blow us off.She was rude and cocky. Worst stay ever. We stay in the dells 4-5 times a year and have never had such a tar ramble stay. My advice save your money and go else were.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. I will make sure to pass your review over to our housekeeping management team to make sure these issues do not arise again. We do have very strict cleanliness standards and weekly training sessions to ensure this.
In regards to the noise, please don't hesitate to let us know and our Staff will address this immediately. We do have a full team on at all times and are more then happy to assist with this. I do hope you would give Mt. Olympus another try in the future maybe during the summer months when you are able to take full advantage of all the wet and dry attractions in our outdoor parks. We would love to have another chance to show you and your family everything that Mt. Olympus has to offer. Hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've stayed at different Mt. Olympus properties. Hotel Rome was the best of the lot. The biggest advantage is the proximity to the water parks. It was the most convenient thing to just walk across the parking lot to the hotel unlike other properties where you have to get into your car in wet clothes or change in the park just to get to the room and clean up again. The only downside is the price. But for me the difference was worth the convenience.

Stayed August 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort . It is true if you are looking to stay at one of our buildings that is connected to our indoor water park by a sky walk; Hotel Rome would be the place! We are excited to hopefully see you back with us again soon! Thank you again!

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!