“Stayed with family not so good about the room” 4 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
“Stayed with family not so good about the room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The park was good and had lots of fun for couple of days outing. But room was too bad as we got bed bugs. So I advice be careful when booking the park with room available on the park area. I have visited with family so I would say its one good experience with park but not with hotel stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in our parks during your stay. I however do apologize for the accommodation issue. Our team is fully trained in identifying and preventing the spread of Bed Bugs. We have professionally trained our staff with educational programs to make sure that our resort exceeds the highest level of cleanliness and safety. If you would like to speak to our management team further about this please feel free to contact them at info@mtolympuspark.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

First of all after a long day of traveling I thought it would be nice to relax in a hot bath. That was fine until mildew fell into my tub water. I got out quickly and called my husband who discovered that the drain, plug, and foset all had mildew. They did send house keeping to clean it. Then they promised trick or treating. All it was is the ride operator giving them a pice of candy when they got off big let down. On Saturday they only opened 2 roller coasters and not any of they kids rides. Our 5yr wAs heartbroken and bored. When we asked why they were not open the manage was rude and said to my 5yr old we don't have people to run it what do you expect me to do about it. That night we had to call the front desk mutable times because the people above us sounded like they were coming throw the ceiling. Then started again at 6:00 am. We told the manger all of the issues of being sleep deprived and very very disappointed and she blow us off.She was rude and cocky. Worst stay ever. We stay in the dells 4-5 times a year and have never had such a tar ramble stay. My advice save your money and go else were.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Social Media Advisor at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I am sorry to hear about your recent stay with us. I will make sure to pass your review over to our housekeeping management team to make sure these issues do not arise again. We do have very strict cleanliness standards and weekly training sessions to ensure this.
In regards to the noise, please don't hesitate to let us know and our Staff will address this immediately. We do have a full team on at all times and are more then happy to assist with this. I do hope you would give Mt. Olympus another try in the future maybe during the summer months when you are able to take full advantage of all the wet and dry attractions in our outdoor parks. We would love to have another chance to show you and your family everything that Mt. Olympus has to offer. Hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've stayed at different Mt. Olympus properties. Hotel Rome was the best of the lot. The biggest advantage is the proximity to the water parks. It was the most convenient thing to just walk across the parking lot to the hotel unlike other properties where you have to get into your car in wet clothes or change in the park just to get to the room and clean up again. The only downside is the price. But for me the difference was worth the convenience.

Stayed August 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our resort . It is true if you are looking to stay at one of our buildings that is connected to our indoor water park by a sky walk; Hotel Rome would be the place! We are excited to hopefully see you back with us again soon! Thank you again!
Rockford, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

CHECKED IN AT 4:30 PM...LEFT AT 11:30 PM. WHAT A HUGE DISSAPPOINTMENT!!!

PROPERTY FELT UNSAFE as no security was ever observed and there was late night loitering in the parking lot. Ingress and egress is confusing, also concerned with hitting a patron. The hotel was DIRTY. There is minimal space for your family to sit while waiting to be checked in....just a huge dirty space with old dusty flower arrangements and worn, ripped furnishings. Adjacent to lobby is a FILTHY arcade; the carpets were buckled, filthy and worn. The employees chose to read a book rather than make the rounds to clean...a major germ factory. Many of the employees also appeared unclean, unkempt and unprofessional. Per the general manager this area is not owned/managed by the hotel and they have no control. I had trouble hearing the service people over the noise of the arcade.

There was no quick courtesy desk/concierge...had to wait in line for another long duration behind people checking in only to ask a 1 minute question. Upon checking in was immediately bombarded with a time share opportunity. (I will say the young gal that checked us in was exceptionally nice and professional).

Bar/snack area was uninviting and located behind iron fencing…which was also dirty.

The elevators are small and cramped. The hallways are blocked with large plywood boxes housing linens which make passage difficult and UNSAFE FOR PATRONS. Rooms are sparsely furnished with no views, felt like an enclosed box. I requested a different room and was sent to an extension hotel which was worse (dingy and scary halls again blocked by plywood boxes!) Had to wonder what to do in case of fire in both hotels.

The indoor water park is a DEPRESSING theme with no color and appears dirty as well (wondering if the water is checked periodically...did not trust to swim). OUTSIDE PARK IS DIFFICULT TO MANUVER, especially for the handicapped, smaller children, strollers and the elderly... all hills. Was dirty as well, did not see anyone walking around with a broom. The general public entrance felt unsafe as you are entering under an old wood roller coaster with minimal barriers. (The barrier is a 4ft chain link fence which was in disrepair). Go cart tracks were in disrepair. Did not trust to ride roller coasters. The Hotel was confusing and did not flow in theme or accessibility. Had a patron ask me if there was another way out as she could not make the steep hill.

HORRIBLE HOTEL… NOT RECOMMENDED TO FAMILIES AT ALL!!!

I contacted the general manager to discuss the issues which fell upon deaf ears. He tried to justify all points, even the dirt. He never once apologized for my families’ inconvenience which is always customary in the service industry. Did not offer to refund as he would be in trouble with the owners; makes me wonder about the general managers position.

To the local owners of Mt Olympus…Pride of ownership and good management are not the case for this hotel and need to be addressed. Unfortunately you are missing a golden opportunity to please all patrons. I believe I am not the first nor will be the last to complain. THIS HOTEL IS SUBSTANDARD.

D Campbell – Stay date September, 2013 for just a few hours

Room Tip: Upon making reservations the first question should always be "Is It Clean". Hold the hote...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
First off I want to apologize for your disappointment with your recent stay. I will be personally working with our housekeeping and management teams to look over your concerns and address them promptly. I want to assure you that we have all of our buildings staffed with personal walking the halls and taking care of any and all housekeeping and or security issues that may arise. The team here at Mt. Olympus wants to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We welcome any and all feedback, good or bad so we can see which areas we need to approve upon, so we can provide the most enjoyable stay ever for our guests. I do hope you give Mt. Olympus a try again in the future. We do hope to see you again!
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

the resort is really nice and the staff there is really helpful and friendly. The place is just overall great and it is close to restaurants the the rides. i don't mind staying here again. I'm planning to come here again next year!!!

Room Tip: i got a room that has 2 queens, and 2 bunk beds. there was only 4 of us too so we have plenty of roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Greenwood, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I give Mt Olympus 4 stars because I knew what I was getting. Many of the reviews are unfair because consumers felt they were misled. Just understand that if you are staying at Rome then you will pay more and get to stay onsite so you don't have to drive to and from the park. Its an ok resort and the parking is far more convenient. If you are staying at a "Village " then most likely you will be driving to the park every day and parking in the general lot (it is free for you as a resort/village guest). You will have a long walk into and out of the park and there is a very steep incline walking out every day. This could be a problem for some.

I would not pay peak prices to visit here. It will be very crowded and over priced. They do allow day passes and often offer ridiculously cheap deals to non-resort guests (even free admissions to pack the park full as often as possible to cash in on parking and concessions from day pass guests).

My 4 star review is based on my family visiting the last week of August. We took our kids out of school for 3 days and enjoyed 90 degree weather and light crowds. Our room only costs seven ty dollars per night and included all the coaster, go-carts, and water park. The coasters are large but we only road two of them and were too sore to continue. They are very rough wooden coasters. The outside waterpark and go-carts are great. The inside water park and inside "amusement park" are about 15 minutes of fun for any kids over 10. They can swim but obviously if the weather is bad and the outside park is closed, it's going to be crowded.

We stayed a couple nights at Wilderness and really enjoyed it as well. If you can get a great price for Mt Olympus when the outside park is open, I would give it a try. The Poisidon Rage wave pool throws 9 foot waves and is great fun for all. If it's off season and you have to stay indoors, hit Wilderness as they have 3 decent indoor parks and no day passes!

As for our room, it was only ok. They did leave crums on the floor from previous guests which is silly since its fake hardwood. Just sweep it up? My wife was nervous as we pulled up as there is no office staff on-site and it feels unsafe. Our "village" was kind of secluded and since its an old motel you just don't feel secure. Once you are locked into your unit its ok. The bunk bed was nice and it felt like a nicer Red Roof inn or lesser Best Western. Obviously not what you would want to see if you pay top dollar but for us the room was basically free since it included the park admissions.

Also, based on other reviews we packed a cooler for lunch but with the long walk we conceded and ate in the park. The prices weren't any worse than a normal amusement park. Nothing compared to Disney or Ballpark prices.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask how you can stay nearest to the park. One village is almost within walking distan...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Urbana, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

signed up for one of those discounted time share deals and they put us here. Looks good from the outside but the inside could use a good cleaning and the inside waterpark wasn't anything special. The room was done pretty cheaply the beds didn't even have boxsprings. the sheets felt damp, dark bathroom with bugs in the light fixture, paper thin walls, dirty carpet in the halls.

Room Tip: Go to Black Hawk motel, we stayed there first and with the free entry with Chula vista's water p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!