CHECKED IN AT 4:30 PM...LEFT AT 11:30 PM. WHAT A HUGE DISSAPPOINTMENT!!!
PROPERTY FELT UNSAFE as no security was ever observed and there was late night loitering in the parking lot. Ingress and egress is confusing, also concerned with hitting a patron. The hotel was DIRTY. There is minimal space for your family to sit while waiting to be checked in....just a huge dirty space with old dusty flower arrangements and worn, ripped furnishings. Adjacent to lobby is a FILTHY arcade; the carpets were buckled, filthy and worn. The employees chose to read a book rather than make the rounds to clean...a major germ factory. Many of the employees also appeared unclean, unkempt and unprofessional. Per the general manager this area is not owned/managed by the hotel and they have no control. I had trouble hearing the service people over the noise of the arcade.
There was no quick courtesy desk/concierge...had to wait in line for another long duration behind people checking in only to ask a 1 minute question. Upon checking in was immediately bombarded with a time share opportunity. (I will say the young gal that checked us in was exceptionally nice and professional).
Bar/snack area was uninviting and located behind iron fencing…which was also dirty.
The elevators are small and cramped. The hallways are blocked with large plywood boxes housing linens which make passage difficult and UNSAFE FOR PATRONS. Rooms are sparsely furnished with no views, felt like an enclosed box. I requested a different room and was sent to an extension hotel which was worse (dingy and scary halls again blocked by plywood boxes!) Had to wonder what to do in case of fire in both hotels.
The indoor water park is a DEPRESSING theme with no color and appears dirty as well (wondering if the water is checked periodically...did not trust to swim). OUTSIDE PARK IS DIFFICULT TO MANUVER, especially for the handicapped, smaller children, strollers and the elderly... all hills. Was dirty as well, did not see anyone walking around with a broom. The general public entrance felt unsafe as you are entering under an old wood roller coaster with minimal barriers. (The barrier is a 4ft chain link fence which was in disrepair). Go cart tracks were in disrepair. Did not trust to ride roller coasters. The Hotel was confusing and did not flow in theme or accessibility. Had a patron ask me if there was another way out as she could not make the steep hill.
HORRIBLE HOTEL… NOT RECOMMENDED TO FAMILIES AT ALL!!!
I contacted the general manager to discuss the issues which fell upon deaf ears. He tried to justify all points, even the dirt. He never once apologized for my families’ inconvenience which is always customary in the service industry. Did not offer to refund as he would be in trouble with the owners; makes me wonder about the general managers position.
To the local owners of Mt Olympus…Pride of ownership and good management are not the case for this hotel and need to be addressed. Unfortunately you are missing a golden opportunity to please all patrons. I believe I am not the first nor will be the last to complain. THIS HOTEL IS SUBSTANDARD.
D Campbell – Stay date September, 2013 for just a few hours
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort