“Nice Rome Room!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
eastman, wi
“Nice Rome Room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in the Rome room in Mt Olympus, it was very nice and location was very nice. The rooms were normal sized and the bathroom was nice. It wasn't overly huge, but had a nice layout and plenty of room for my husband and I. We were not far from the indoor waterpark and was happy all the way around, we would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Anamosa, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed at Mt. Olympus several times in the past, the first time right after the water park was built and the last time two years ago.

This time when I booked we stayed at one of the Village properties (located off-site). The cost was considerably cheaper ($150 for two nights, compared to $315). We were put in building 10 (I think there are 20-some buildings in the "village"). They start at the Hotel Rome and go towards the Lake Delton Fire Department. They are all painted blue and white and have a road that runs behind the buildings that takes you to the main complex (Hotel Rome, the water park, and the theme parks) (note: at least buildings 1-10 had this road) so you do not have to drive on the main Dells drag. I was a little scared to stay at an off-site property, but was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't fancy, but a nice hotel building. Our room was bigger than we booked, with two queens and a bunk. There was also an arcade in the lobby for the kids.

We went this past weekend, April 26 - 28, 2013. On the website it stated the outdoor theme park (which is the only reason we went (our kids are 10 and 14), to ride go karts) was open Friday - Sunday, weather permitting. When we arrived on Friday it was sunny, beautiful, 65 degrees, but the outdoor park wasn't open. I even called and spoke to a receptionist days before making my reservation to make sure it was going to be open.

When the outdoor park was open, they had two go kart tracks running and one roller coaster. It was about a 30-45 minute wait (or longer) to ride the go karts. Sunday afternoon we were able to ride twice between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.

The water park is geared towards younger children (I would say under 12). It is nice and there are a couple larger water slides, but my 14 year old hung out by my husband and I most of the time.

There is a full bar located in several areas. This was a bonus to be able to have a beer and watch the kids playing.

It is getting a little rundown (compared to when it was first opened and a smaller resort), but that is to be expected with all the families going through there year-round.

There are no restaurants on-site, except for snacky foods. Since we stayed off-site and had to drive to the attractions anyway, it wasn't a problem. But if you're planning on parking and walking the entire time, that won't be possible (unless you order in pizzas).

The theme and water parks are also open to outside patrons, so it can get really packed with people staying on other hotels and paying $30 for the day, per person, to swim and play.

Until the kids are out of school, be aware that their website hours for attractions are not accurate (and neither is calling). Don't be surprised if you show up and the park(s) are closed.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked 3 queen room for my daughters birthday. I had a problem with the booking which ended up costing me $114 more than I expected to pay. When we arrived we went straight to water park and the kids were bored within 2 hours and ready to leave. The rooms are not well maintained and in strong need of renovation. I will pick a different water park resort next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Burlington, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

If Mt. Olympus indoor/outdoor theme park is your desire, book your hotel elsewhere. I am reviewing this from my Hotel Rome room currently, because I couldn't wait to warn everyone. I have never stayed at a hotel that did not have a coffee pot in the room. I have just made my second trip downstairs to see when the Kaffe Opa would be open, and was told 20 mins. I responded with "Why don't you just open at noon? We finally went to a local gas station for our coffee. The resort's mission should be to eliminate any need for guests to leave the property. Last night we stopped in at the bar next to the arcade hoping for a couple of mixed drinks, what we received was so disgusting that we left them sitting on the bar and walked out. If you walk around the hotel in the morning, you have to dodge the trash that quests have thrown into the hallways. The hotel package is very inexpensive and I guess you get what you pay for. The staff is very unfriendly, never smiling, highly unqualified for the positions this was my first impression upon check in, and I am still waiting for someone to change my impression. But management seems to be the definitive downfall of this (resort). My advise to owner/management is charge more and actually provide a service.

Room Tip: Find a room in another hotel. Stay away from Hotel Rome.
Holmen, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were attending a concert and doing some shopping in Wisconsin Dells and wanted an inexpensive room for the night since we knew we wouldn't be there most of the time. Since it was three adults, we chose the room with three queen beds. It was very large with two of the beds in a separate room. The room was clean, had a microwave and mini frig. For $99 we couldn't beat it and were very happy with our stay. However, it's not all as rosy as it seems. There is no breakfast included; they don't have a business center so we had to go to Radio Shack to print our concert tickets (problem with printer at home before we left); some of the staff were friendly but many were short and rude with us; the beds are ok but we've definitely had better (and worse); the indoor water park does not open until 10:30 a.m.-the same time as check out. I've never heard of a pool opening that late. Your pool passes are good for your entire stay including the day of check out which is nice but we had other things to do so weren't able to take advantage of the pool. If we would have had time we would have headed to the adults only hot tub area! It seems like a great place to stay with younger kids but make sure you are in the main building as they have bought up many properties all along the main strip so you could easily be driving distance away for all the amenities. Basically, yes we would stay again for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the main building or you will have to drive to use the game room, water...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Mt.Olympus for spring break.This place is gross.Very dirty filthy place.Not enough seats in the water park for guests. Water rides are very lame.This place lets people in that are not staying at the hotel so you get a place that is packed full of people.The owner parks his Lamborgini at the front door in a no parking area for all to see.Very Very tacky to all the guests staying at this dump.

• Stayed April 2013
Oglesby, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked only 1 day here. Boy am I glad I did!!!!! I went to check in early so I could use the go carts. I know it was the beginning of APril but still should have had more outside to do cause a 17 year old was not using the indoor theme park. I also was told they would text when my room was ready, but never got that text!!!! It was 5pm before I went back to the front desk to see the status of my room. She handed me the room number and the entrance door and buillding number. ANd then said have a nice night. Was not impressed with the room. NO COFFEE!!!! Beds were very uncomfortable. Seems all they did was take plywood and set a mattress on top. Very Noisy and could here the neighbors talking. Will never stay here again!!! Especially when I have to get in my car and drive to the Waterpark for the day, they shouldnt be called a resort, this is not one!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!