“should have stayed somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #56 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Rochelle, Illinois
“should have stayed somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

To start we checked in at noon and was told our room would be ready by 4 and we'd get a text at 5 i had to go ask the front desk if our room was ready.Once in our room it was not the room i researved and didnt look like the pictures at all.Our hair dryer didnt work the fridge made a horrible noise and barely kept anything cold.The ice machine on our floor didnt work the whole time we were there when i said something to front desk they said it was refilling we stayed 2nights i think it should of refilled in that time. Then we finally get to water park paid 10.50 to rent a locker and after 20 minutes they have to shut down for venalation issues ok i understand things happen but it took forever to find someone who could tell us what was going on after complaining they refunded my locker rental fee.When i complained at front desk they didnt even know what was going on the park did reopen and stayed open later but by then we were tired and already changed.My 13 year old was bored and spent most of the time reading when we did use the waterpark the next day the hot tops were full of parents and little kids i mean like 3 and 4 year olds and the lazy river had a bunch of kids running through it playing tag.All in all I was very disapointed and will not stay again.Weve been going to the dells for years and usually stay somewhere else but my daughter wanted to try somewhere different I wont make that mistake again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your issues and concerns. I apologize for the inconveniences and will make sure to contact the correct department heads to gets them resolved. The staff here at Mt. Olympus strive to make sure every guests experience an enjoyable and memorable one.
Once we are made aware of any issues a guest may have we try to take care of them promptly.
Unfortunately when issues arise in the water park that prompts the staff to close down while it is being fixed, it is done for our guests safety and because of this inconvenience we had the parks stay open later your use.

Mt. Olympus Resort Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I chose this location because I have stayed here before and was satisfied. This trip that was not the case. The pools and hot tubs were overcrowded. There was a general lack of concern by hotel employees for guests comfort, cleanliness, rules of the hotel and noise levels. Sadly I think this trip has ruined this resort for my son and myself. You go to a resort for fun and relaxation not this.

• Stayed March 2013
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I apologize that your stay with us was no other than great experience. The staff here at Mt. Olympus strive to make every guests experience a comfortable and relaxing one. We have staff during the hotels quiet hours trying to maintain a quiet nights sleep for our guests by monitoring the halls and promptly taking care of any issues that may arise.
I will bring your other concerns to the attention of the proper department heads and have them reviewed.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I planned a weekend with my boys for one of their birthdays. We were sent somewhere into their downtown "hotels" which I was not aware of. I thought we would actually be staying in the "resort". When I booked the room it did not state it would be out and very far from their resort. Completely overpriced for where we stayed it was an old creepy ugly building with just rooms not even a pool for my kids and I to enjoy. Lobby wih no service except two vending machines. No one around for help, not a front desk for questions. Windows in the room had dead bugs all over, the cups left in room for our use had dead bugs. I will never return to their so called resort. The entrance to the park is completely unsafe very dangerous to cross with little kids especially. Very congested by the little kids area. They are completely ruining what Wisconsin dells is all about. I will stay in a different resort from now on. I rather pay more somewhere else than give Mt. Olympus money.

• Stayed March 2013
I want to apologize for the issues you had during your stay and thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.
The staff here at Mt. Olympus do their absolute best to make it clear as possible to our guests when booking a reservation that a "Village" room will be located in one of our resort buildings surrounding the Mt. Olympus Water & Theme park spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip. This is stated on our website when booking a room and on the confirmation that gets emailed to every guest after making a reservation.
All of our buildings have staff to assist our guests in any issues or concerns they may have. Guests can also contact a front desk employees by pressing "0" on the phone in their room if they need housekeeping or maintenance assistance; someone is available 24 hours a day to help.
If you would like to discuss your stay further with me please feel free to call me at 1-800-800-4997. Ext 677.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at Mt. Olympus during winter with our 4 and 2 year old children. Check-in went great. The woman who helped us was pleasant and very polite and answered all of our questions thoroughly. We had a basic room (2 queen beds). It was nice to have a refrigerator and microwave because we brought a lot of our own food to save some money. We were a little surprised with the hardwood floors. We just had to watch if the floor was a little wet it got a little slippery.
The water park was perfect for younger children (I would personally recommend for children under 10). There were a lot of teenagers there and it just seemed there wasn't much for them to do. There was a nice play area for them and a couple of bigger slides that our 4 year old was able to go down with us. It was crowded, but we were always able to find a table for our things. The wristbands they give you have a barcode on them so you can charge any food/beverage purchase to the room, which made it nice to not have to bring my purse to the water park.
The theme park was small, but it provided a lot of enjoyment for our little ones. Again, I think it was more geared towards younger children, which was perfect for us.
Overall, there was a lot included in the price we paid and found it to be a great value for our family of four. Just a side note that this property has several buildings and to be sure that when booking to ask to stay in the building adjacent to the water park. I think it would've been so difficult to have to drive to go to the water park. The woman checking in next to me seemed unaware that she would have to do this and was quite upset.
The only complaint I had was that it was VERY loud in our hallway around 2am each night (Friday and Saturday). My husband pointed out that they had a lot of advertising around the hotel for free shuttles to a local nightclub. The noise at that hour was probably all of the guests returning to their rooms after drinking all night, which explained the very drunk woman crying outside of our door for 20 minutes. For a resort so geared towards young children, I felt the emphasis placed on free rides to a nightclub may not be too welcoming for all of the families staying there. Or maybe there can be added security roaming the hallways at that time to help control the noise?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your children enjoyed our parks.
The staff here at Mt. Olympus strive to make every guests experience the most comfortable and accommodating as possible. We do have staff available to take care of any noise issues that we are made aware of, and try our best to take care of them promptly.
Please keep in mind the night clubs shuttle is provided by the night club and not by the hotel.
Mt. Olympus thanks you for your feedback and hopes to see you back with us in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

WOW!! I'm not usually a fan of WI Dells, but I live in Vegas and when I came home, I wanted to take my niece, nephew, and friend for a weekend to spend time with them. As soon as we came in, we were welcomed by a wonderful front desk staff. We were shown to our room in Hotel Rome which our room was beautiful. There were 2 bunk beds separated by a wall and then theres 2 queen beds. I was impressed and so was everyone else. While getting ready, my friend was welcomed to the hotel by a spider. She was not impressed. The bathroom was clean, except for the spider and the room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the sleep quality of our stay was GREAT! The water park is amazing lots of things to do and the arcade was a great way to keep them occupied...even my 23 year old friend haha. There is also some great restaurants around the hotel and Cafe Opa! Is really good for a quick breakfast. They even carried some Starbucks items which was GREAT!! I was by far impressed by this. I recommend it!

Room Tip: If you have kids, definitely choose a room with the bunk beds. Believe me, it makes a difference!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I am always pleased to hear when a family has a memorable vacation with us, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our staff strive on making your stay the most comfortable and pleasant as possible and I'm glad they did just that. I do hope you and your family come stay with us again in the future. We thank you again for your wonderful feedback, it is always appreciated.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We did this resort for spring break and it was super busy. The lines were very long and the staff was not helpful at all. We ended up exploring on our own. I would have preferred staying at an off site big chain hotel and just come there fir the watermark. The theme park wasn't all that great great either only one of the roller coasters were open. The elevator was very small and cramped. The rooms were an awful cheap Grecian theme.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns with your previous stay. I do want to apologize that you feel our resort and park were not up to par.
Spring break is a peak time for the Wisconsin Dells area and all of the large water park resorts are usually full with spring breakers which in turn make for large lines at the attractions. Even though we do not have our large summer staff during this time we still try to make more attractions open for our guests during this time like a couple go karts and a roller coaster in our out door theme park. We try to make this an added bonus for our guests as long as the weather permits it. Also we have our indoor water park and indoor theme park open to our guests during this time.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I think that overall it was a good stay the water park was awesome I loved the wave pool but there was a lot of people the food was over priced so I recommend bringing food with you to save money but the hotel giftshop was pricey and I loved the arcade it was spectacular dont believe what other people say about this hotel being a dump oh and the wait in line was about 10-15min and make sure when your booking onli ne that it dosent say that your room is in like another "village" (poseidon , zeus etc.)

• Stayed August 2012
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our parks. Mt. Olympus wants to thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and we would love for you and your family to come back and stay with us again. Hope to see you back with us in the near future!

Mt. Olympus Resort Management

Been to Mt. Olympus Resort? Share your experiences!