“Mt. Olympus Holiday Get-Away” 3 of 5 stars

Mt. Olympus Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1701 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Mt. Olympus Holiday Get-Away”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I just returned from a 5-day stay at Mt. Olympus during the holidays. After reading so many horrendous reviews, I feel compelled to write a review of my own. I will try to break my review down into segments.

Check-In - We checked in on a Thursday afternoon and had maybe a 5 minute wait. The desk staff were courteous and very prompt. We were given a room on the first floor of Hotel Rome. The room location was excellent and very convenient for getting around the hotel.

Room - The room we had was a two-queen and bunk bed family room. The room was nice, large enough for the 6 of us and the wood floors are a nice touch. The only upgrade I would recommend would be to add dressers. It was difficult to keep all of my families belongings organized without dressers. The room was cleaned and was refreshed every afternoon.

Indoor Waterpark - There are 2 tube slides and 2 body slides, 2 hot tubs, an activity pool and a kiddie pool area for younger kids and a lazy river. We found the indoor area smaller than expected, but we enjoyed it. The staff there were pleasant and were constantly picking up after guests (picking up towels, etc.) and monitoring. A regular pool would be a nice addition.

Indoor Amusement Park - The amusement park contains a mad mouse roller coaster, bumper cars, go karts, a few small kiddie rides, an arcade, laser tag, and a climbing wall. The laser tag and climbing wall are an extra fee. My family enjoyed the coaster and bumper cars. The lines were not too bad, considering it was a holiday weekend. Staff was friendly, with the exception of the laser tag attendant. We thought the indoor amusement park made up for the smaller than expected water park.

Noise level - This is not a quiet hotel, though I didn't expect it would be. It is a family hotel with many kids running around having fun. If you are looking for quiet and relaxing, than this is not the place for you. I find it funny when people stay at a place that is obviously catering to families with kids, and then are surprised when kids are present.

Special Events - The hotel put on a really nice New Years Eve party in lobby area with a dj, a balloon drop and complimentary champagne and party favors. It was very crowded, however we had a nice time and appreciated the extra effort.

Overall, we had a great time and I would recommend this hotel for families with kids. My kids are excited to visit again during the summer months.

Room Tip: When booking a room, make sure to select a room at "Hotel Room" if you wish to stay onsite...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Christin B, Manager at Mt. Olympus Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
It’s great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Mt. Olympus. We do hope that you continue to use Mt. Olympus Resort as your family’s vacation destination in the future. Make sure to come visit us this summer and try out our new Hades 360 roller coaster! Hope to see you soon.

Mt. Olympus Resort Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Oconomowoc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed in Mt Olympus Village (not hotel Rome) in the former American World. If you know the Dells you know that a few years back whoever owns Mt Olympus (I think it's BlueGreen Resorts) went through and bought a ton of the underperforming hotels in the Dells and added them to their resort (I think they have 25 buildings now) the biggest problem with this is that they closed all of the pools and hot tubs at all of the facilities except for the main "Indoor Waterpark". This means you have a ton of people attempting to use TWO 20 person hot tubs, and they dont' have an actual pool. Now we got a special for Dec 30-31st where it was $89/night with Skiing at Christmas Mountain, and waterpark passes included. Sounds like a grea deal, right? Well I don't feel that it was that great of a deal since the hill was extremely busy (I overheard an employee there talking about how the 31st and 1st were going to be their busiest days since there are so many people at Mt Olympus) and the waterpark, if you can call it that, was insanely busy because of the extreme amount of people flooding in there from all of their buildings. Now to the actual hotel we stayed in (building 18 to be exact). The room was clean, and everything worked properly. It was actually not a bad room. You can tell that they bought it, painted the outside and the hallways and kept operating the hotel though. It has a very 90s feeling, all the way down to the tube tv. Parking is, well, limited. But other than that It wasn't a bad hotel. I just wish the ammenities were better. They should think about reopening some of the indoor pools during winter for the guests. Honestly if you don't think about the fact that you're going to Mt Olympus and set your standards a little lower you may enjoy your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We do appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at Mt. Olympus Resorts. While being a privately own company, we have tried to keep original businesses in this area locally owned and operated. Our indoor water park does serve as a gathering place for large amounts of people, either staying with us our visiting for a day. During the winter months we do have busier periods that will fill our parks that are open. Please also keep in mind that the 31st-1st are holiday weekends, which provide a longer time out of school for most kids allowing for more vacation time. Most weekdays will provide a quieter environment with room to enjoy the parks.
During our winter months we do provide free skiing or tubing passes for our guests. This is a wonderful activity for all families, and brings large amounts of business to ski hills. We do provide contact information for the skiing and tubing hill, this way if you are concerned about a waiting period or large groups of persons you are able to have this information to plan accordingly.
We are pleased to hear that your room was enjoyable. We here are Mt. Olympus are working on creating a family environment at all of our properties, and always enjoy feedback that will help better our guests stay.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you are looking for quality, cleanliness , comfort, and good service...this is NOT the place. They book rooms at an extreme discount, but don't tell you it may mean driving from another location up to a mile away while wet in the cold winter months. If you stay in the main building, the carpet is filthy, kids are running thru the halls unsupervised at 6am, oh and did I mention room service does not clean your room until after 4pm? It's a bargain, and you get exactly what you pay for....not for the family that wants a quality get away experience....thought I saw Honey Boo Boo and her family...maybe it was just an illusion ?

Room Tip: Confirm that your room is located in the main building!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mt. Olympus does make sure to let all guests know if they will be staying at our premier onsite building or at our offsite properties. It is specified on our website and in confirmations that get sent out to each guest. If a guest is unhappy with the location of their room we do try our best to move them to a location more to their liking. As for noise issues we do try to take care of these right away once we are made aware of the situation. We do try to make all guests stays with us as comfortable and enjoyable as possible; if we are made aware of any guest issues we will do our best to fix them in a timely manner. If you would like to discuss your stay with me further you can contact me at 1-800-800-4997. Thank You.

Mt. Olympus Management
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We made a reservation from Friday to Monday Dec 31st. This is the second night we are here. The first night we heard lots of noices from upper floor (we were in 10156 Rome) and the noises were so bad like several people playing soccer upstairs or jumping up and down, sort of like the whole room and ceiling was shaking! I complained to the front desk at about 10:45 PM and the woman said she would fix it and talk to the people in upper floor. We saw no fix, we all went to bed about 2 AM in the morning with headache. Next morning I talked to the man in front desk, and he said if happened again, I should complain. Well it was happing right then at about 8:30 AM, and I told him that I did not have any patience to put up with it. He said the quiet time was 11 PM and that is why probably they did not do anything the previous night.
I am wrinting this reivew at about 7:30 PM on Saturday, the noise and shake is so bad that you can not even relax for one minute in the room. It is beyond quiet time or non-quiet time.
I would say, you better not come here if you want to sleep at night or even day. WE have stayed in many hotels across the globe, bad and good, this one is far worse.

Room 10156 , at Rome
Mount Olympus , Wisconsin Dells

Room Tip: Do not come to this hotel at all and if you come, get a room in upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay with us here at Mt. Olympus. We do strive to make sure that each of our guests leaves our resort with a great family experience. Each of our departments work together to make sure that our guests are not bothered during their stay with us.
With noise complaints we do always make sure to have staff members check the area where noise is being reported multiple times, this way we are able to ensure that noise is settled down. Our quite time does start at 11PM, if there are immediate issues prior to this time we will always do what is needed. Noise is a factor in all places, but we do try our hardest to keep things quiet for a peaceful stay.
We always do recommend that if there is any type of concern while staying with us, always bring this to our attention so we may immediately fix these issues.
We do hope that you will consider Mt. Olympus Resorts for a future stay.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here over the summer for the first time. I can't remember if this was a running promotion or just the way they do things...but we got to stay at the hotel while getting two days worth of passes to the theme park/water park for free. My husband and I thought we were getting just a regular room, but somehow we got upgraded to suite with a whirlpool and lot of living space for no extra charge. Thanks! I wasn't going to complain about that happening! I really didn't like the layout of the theme/water park (too much backtracking to get from point A to B) and I hated riding some of the roller coasters - too jerky! I was about to lose my cookies... but the water park was very fun! Due to the fact that I didn't enjoy the theme park too much I'll probably go somewhere else next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us here at Mt. Olympus and that your room accommodations were better then you expected. As for the theme park; we do hope that you do give us another chance. Keep in mind we will be having our new Hades 360 roller coaster coming this summer. We would love for you to come try it out! We hope to see you back with us again.
Wyanet, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

i made reservations two months in advance for a 3 day stay starting the day after christmas. we were sent to an offsite building we were aware of this. the building was empty and cold and the room was dirty. the housekeeping staff was friendly but they were the only ones. the waterpark staff and theme park staff were not friendly. my family and i will never return to mt. olympus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
At Mt. Olympus Resort we do have numerous building locations available. If a guest is not happy with their building location we try our absolute best to get them into a building that would be more enjoyable for them. Our buildings are always staffed with housekeeping and maintenance staff to assist guests at any time. We would like for you and your family to give Mt. Olympus another chance. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable please contact me at 1-800-800-4997. Thank You
Random Lake, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had made a reservation for a Christmas vacation. Ended up cancelling 6 days prior due to a medical issue of my husband. Was told the terms and conditions stated a $30 cancellation fee if you cancel up to 72 hours prior. I printed the T and C out and it did not say "up to" it said, "If you cancel 72 hours prior to check in time, you will be charged a $30 processing fee". No where does it say "up to 72 hours". They told me the confirmation was emailed to me twice and I never recieved it, and then told me they immediately sent the cancellation confirmation and it went thru and it has still not been recieved. Like I said, we didnt even get to stay, and had horrible service. The CS rep hung up on me when I read her the T and C, after calling me a liar. Never will I go to or recommend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We do apologize for any confusion with this situation. We do try to be as clear as possible when it comes to our policies. If you would like to contact me I would be more than happy to take care of this for you and any other issues you may have. Please contact me at 1-800-800-4997 Ext 677. Thank You