My family and I just returned from a 5-day stay at Mt. Olympus during the holidays. After reading so many horrendous reviews, I feel compelled to write a review of my own. I will try to break my review down into segments.
Check-In - We checked in on a Thursday afternoon and had maybe a 5 minute wait. The desk staff were courteous and very prompt. We were given a room on the first floor of Hotel Rome. The room location was excellent and very convenient for getting around the hotel.
Room - The room we had was a two-queen and bunk bed family room. The room was nice, large enough for the 6 of us and the wood floors are a nice touch. The only upgrade I would recommend would be to add dressers. It was difficult to keep all of my families belongings organized without dressers. The room was cleaned and was refreshed every afternoon.
Indoor Waterpark - There are 2 tube slides and 2 body slides, 2 hot tubs, an activity pool and a kiddie pool area for younger kids and a lazy river. We found the indoor area smaller than expected, but we enjoyed it. The staff there were pleasant and were constantly picking up after guests (picking up towels, etc.) and monitoring. A regular pool would be a nice addition.
Indoor Amusement Park - The amusement park contains a mad mouse roller coaster, bumper cars, go karts, a few small kiddie rides, an arcade, laser tag, and a climbing wall. The laser tag and climbing wall are an extra fee. My family enjoyed the coaster and bumper cars. The lines were not too bad, considering it was a holiday weekend. Staff was friendly, with the exception of the laser tag attendant. We thought the indoor amusement park made up for the smaller than expected water park.
Noise level - This is not a quiet hotel, though I didn't expect it would be. It is a family hotel with many kids running around having fun. If you are looking for quiet and relaxing, than this is not the place for you. I find it funny when people stay at a place that is obviously catering to families with kids, and then are surprised when kids are present.
Special Events - The hotel put on a really nice New Years Eve party in lobby area with a dj, a balloon drop and complimentary champagne and party favors. It was very crowded, however we had a nice time and appreciated the extra effort.
Overall, we had a great time and I would recommend this hotel for families with kids. My kids are excited to visit again during the summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort